Mathil build list v2

Would it be smart to drop 6 points in various spots, and pick up Atrophy?
"
Xanoth wrote:
"
sdkaylor wrote:
Something I'm confused about is how far my Spectral Throw is shooting off screen.

I actually have less increased attack speed than the video from Mathil (nothing on gloves), but if I have Faster Attacks linked with ST, it shoots off screen for 2-3 seconds. How is Mathil keeping ST on screen with the FA support linked to ST?

Faster attacks doesn't increase projectile throw distance, projectile speed does.

He does avoid getting the 10% speed node next to Fury Bolts, but I'm not sure that alone would be enough.

Obviously he is using slower proj. for bosses, but I assume you meant general greater proj. usage.

Taking out my Faster Attacks gem definitely makes my throws shorter, though. However, the round trip remains the same, at about 2 1/2 seconds from launch to return for both with, and without, Faster Attacks.

It's the difference between the discs going 3/4 screen, and what appears to be 2+ screens worth of throw distance.

http://imgur.com/uka3OhN This is the distance w/o Faster Attacks gem, which is about how far his go in the videos.

http://imgur.com/P9sGgcw This is the distance w/ Faster Attacks. You can't even see the discs anymore.

But I still only have 3 nodes of Projectile Speed: Sniper, Ballistic Mastery, and a Proj Dam& Atk Speed node next to BM. I haven't even made it to the Fury Bolts node, and my ST distance is just off the charts. The only thing i can think of is that in the video where he's fighting AOE packs, he's using the Pierce gem in place of Faster Attacks.

Edit: Holy Shit I've managed to get into the 70s without realizing I was using Faster Projectiles gem, not Faster Attacks. I have shamed my family.
Last edited by sdkaylor on Mar 18, 2017, 8:51:14 PM
"
skeptrric wrote:
How do you sustain mana on this spectral throw ? i mean at higher level once u replace the elreon's ring... it's so frustating i need to use mana flask... :(

Blasphemy + Warlords Mark. Had the same problem still i switched n leveld these gems.

In his leveling video he also mentions using the Thief's Torment ring to deal with mana issues.
Last edited by Demious on Mar 19, 2017, 9:27:27 AM
I'm currently playing the Mortem Morsu ST Build! As of right now im Level 40 and Cruel Act 1. My Spectral Throw costs 14 Mana (even with 2x Elreons -8 Mana Cost Rings) which is really high imo
How am i able to sustain the Mana costs? I see you use a ring which makes u regen 5 mana on kill, but is that really going to solve my problem?
Your ST costs 9 Mana (Withotu Elreon Jewelry) So.. what am i doing wrong?

-Valekon
"
Valécon wrote:
I'm currently playing the Mortem Morsu ST Build! As of right now im Level 40 and Cruel Act 1. My Spectral Throw costs 14 Mana (even with 2x Elreons -8 Mana Cost Rings) which is really high imo
How am i able to sustain the Mana costs? I see you use a ring which makes u regen 5 mana on kill, but is that really going to solve my problem?

-Valekon

Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring. 30 mana per hit.
I'm following your mortem spectral build, but i found the innsbury edge while browsing around.
Why is the claw better then the sword? It has 5% more chaos damage convertion, more atk speed and more crit. Is it because the passive tree or will do more damage with the sword if i change the passives?
"
sdkaylor wrote:
Holy Shit I've managed to get into the 70s without realizing I was using Faster Projectiles gem, not Faster Attacks. I have shamed my family.

I didn't realise I was still using LMP until I was 69, I thought pack clearing felt a bit weak this time around... These things happen :D

"
Valécon wrote:

-Valekon

Are you leveling with a 6 link? that does seem high for twin elreon rings. At 69 I'm only using 1 ring and cost per throw on a 5 link is 18 mana.

Your mana pool is going to be low, just drop a gem for now until you can sustain it by grabbing the nodes you need as you level. Or deviate by two passives for now and grab soul siphon/primal spirit, that might be enough to sustain you.
"
Valécon wrote:

-Valekon

"
Are you leveling with a 6 link? that does seem high for twin elreon rings. At 69 I'm only using 1 ring and cost per throw on a 5 link is 18 mana.

Your mana pool is going to be low, just drop a gem for now until you can sustain it by grabbing the nodes you need as you level. Or deviate by two passives for now and grab soul siphon/primal spirit, that might be enough to sustain you.
[/quote]

I'm currently on a Tabula Rasa, and i have a 6L 5G 1B Cherrubims Malefience ready for the build too, so ill be staying on a 6L. I'm right now using Thief's Torment which is godlike seriously, but i have to get rid of it at some point tho. 30 Mana per Throw currently.

EDIT:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Valécon/characters

Current Char is "ValekonSpectralThrowMM" Level 58 currently, have Gloves in inventory for Level 59 to overcap all Resistances in Merc. Now what i want to ask, that gear with the Gloves at Level 59 is pretty much "perfect" but i dont want that Amulet anymore (even tho its godlike for spectral throw) and that 1 Ring which is my Mana Sustain pretty much. What can i do ? I dont need any Resistances anymore, only if i replace the ring but that should be no problem.
Last edited by Valécon on Mar 20, 2017, 11:09:17 AM
"
Valécon wrote:

Current Char is "ValekonSpectralThrowMM" Level 58 currently, have Gloves in inventory for Level 59 to overcap all Resistances in Merc. Now what i want to ask, that gear with the Gloves at Level 59 is pretty much "perfect" but i dont want that Amulet anymore (even tho its godlike for spectral throw) and that 1 Ring which is my Mana Sustain pretty much. What can i do ? I dont need any Resistances anymore, only if i replace the ring but that should be no problem.

You can craft elreon rings, but it's pot luck/costly to get desired results.

I'll be replacing mine but for an aug, a regal and a craft you could certainly get better results than I did (I needed the int so had to craft it on, over leveled some gems).

At 60, craft a divine mana flask for now, with more points/levels mana becomes less of an issue and if you've got the claw nodes, reduced charges used or charges on crit are useful, I'm using this for now:

at 69 I still feel mana is a big enough issue that I don't want to drop the mana flask, and that's with a mana regen neck.

I know these aren't great answers, but I'm still on a 5 link and mana is an issue, never mind 6 link.

Other issue I have, is my Raider this league has the 40% spectral throw enchant on helm, and I just don't know if this character is still worth pushing or if I can excuse a Devoto's Devotion instead of a rare helm... (puts more strain on other items to get the resists/accuracy/damage.
Spoiler
current gear:

Possible items to steal from other character:

Last edited by Xanoth on Mar 20, 2017, 12:34:20 PM
Also doing the mortem morsu ST and mana was not too much of a problem. Make sure you take Soul Raker so you can have 0.8% mana leech. Also I luckily had a 0.3% mana leech on my gloves so that pretty much solved all my mana problems for now.

Spoiler

Right now I am at a loss at which aura to use, currently deciding between grace,arctic armour, vulnerability, and proj. weakness, idk which auras I should use atm so I currently am rotating between these auras on each map I go to know which feels better. Obviously I'll be dropping vulnerability once I get my hands on a witchfire :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info