What is the MINIMUM PvP needs? (ignore balance)

"
IceDeal wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Another one of these? Think everything has been outlined repeatedly with massive amounts of detail as to why and how to potentially fix it already.

The main difference is that PT actually got an audience and can showcase the state of pvp way better that our endless sea of threads that nobody cares about.

When they still don't where will we be?
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Another one of these? Think everything has been outlined repeatedly with massive amounts of detail as to why and how to potentially fix it already.

The main difference is that PT actually got an audience and can showcase the state of pvp way better that our endless sea of threads that nobody cares about.

When they still don't where will we be?

Here in the Endless Sea of Threads.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
We need to address the real problem with modern pvp, too many people are moving.

Remove movement, pvp will flourish.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
ProjectPT wrote:
I know I am new in the PvP scene; but I am trying to get more community attention so I wanted to ask a broad question and try to keep these things organized.

Keep in mind this is what you believe is the MINIMUM that GGG needs to provide to PvP and why. Helps to explain your experience for this reason and why. Please note if your comment is geared towards LLD or HLD.

Let's work together to build the spotlight the PvP community needs

@ProjectPT, you gonna make the same mistake they did in patch 1.3. They half naked shit around without balancing anything, making pvp broken AND making people hate it.

You can t ask for better interfaces before things like T value for skills for exemple. It is like you put a Fiat motor in a nice Ferrari. They NEED to make T value before anything else.

so :

1/ T value for skills please.
This is not really "balance" it is just preparing skills for pvp.
They nerfed cyclone because of level 28 pvp but then 2 patch later they introduce new skills without t value. SO you have old skills prepared for pvp and new skills who are not.

2/ 1vs1 area are too short and they have walls all around. It make wall spam of EA too broken. 1 vs 1 maps need to be bigger without walls around them

3/if I queue for pvp I should just have a little text on top, not a giant windows blocking half my view.

4/ bring back the old minimap in sarn arena.
Offscreeners just look at names on screen and kill you 3 screen away.

Make sarn arena minimap like the 1 vs1 minimap, other players appears 1 screens max away from you.

How many faggets would get their glass canon build nullified if they could not see the whole area?

Sarn was fun before they introduced this new minimap, now it is shit because anyone with a ranged attack can stay in corned and target names 3 screen away.

5/ get ride of those sarn arena speed shrines.

It only favorise campers with offcreen ranged skills (and minimap abusers). They just camp there until they get the speed shrines then run around and 1shot until they have to hide again.

I get it was supposed the be a fun addition, but the speed shrine make it not funny for anyone once a T1 build camp on the hill.

6/ half the es/life regen of players upon entering sarn arena like in modded maps.
1 vs 1 is for real pvp but players who want to have fun have to deal with immortal regen crap in the arena.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jan 8, 2017, 10:14:10 AM
Can't ignore balance. Unless EA and secondary damage is nerf ed as well as zerphi, the entire list will be a waste of time. It's sad but theres no alternative. It has to be done to save pvp.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Can't ignore balance. Unless EA and secondary damage is nerf ed as well as zerphi, the entire list will be a waste of time. It's sad but theres no alternative. It has to be done to save pvp.

Trigger gems should be as pathetic as counter gems are. They shouldn't be build enabling automated main damage sources and only act as utility. Given the already powerful defense options of traps/mines/molten shell and tempest shield among many other things, it's redundant. Add the obvious fact that now you can use Hiltless,Scolds,Cospri's,Mjolnir to proc these things in stupid fashion....It's about time. Zerphi's itself isn't even the problem, it's the above Scolds+Cwdt combo then you pile on glove enchants and a main skill.

Some of the more obvious fixes to the PvP interface like combining all leagues into one queue etc.. should of already happened.

Rewards and alt arts, seriously? You expect them to dedicate a guys time to designing these? Just PvP to PvP, no one ever needed incentive in the past until the LoL generation moved on in wanting shit just for showing up.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 8, 2017, 5:36:54 PM
"
combining all leagues into one queue

what is this a joke?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
combining all leagues into one queue

what is this a joke?

I believe I explained myself fairly thoroughly and why this is required so maybe you could explain why you obviously think this is a bad idea?
"
You need to match supply and demand so that it doesn't become a ghost town. As an example, make one only queue for hld and one for lld (all leagues, tempsc,temphc,tempsc,sc). Then the client chooses the most fitting server for both players. This would immediately increase the amount of pvp matches played tenfold.

Not sure if I'm getting it right. Is this suggestion to combine std and temp leagues or Amsterdam and Texas realms?

Anyway, it's bad idea because instead of 'ghost town' we'll get 'endless griefing'.
How can '1st week temp league character' compete with any standard character?
Are you asking for more helpless victims? Even if we ignoring balance and legacies - properly geared STD build at least 3 times 'stronger' by any mean than no-rmt-involved temp league char.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 9, 2017, 7:57:50 AM
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
You need to match supply and demand so that it doesn't become a ghost town. As an example, make one only queue for hld and one for lld (all leagues, tempsc,temphc,tempsc,sc). Then the client chooses the most fitting server for both players. This would immediately increase the amount of pvp matches played tenfold.

Not sure if I'm getting it right. Is this suggestion to combine std and temp leagues or Amsterdam and Texas realms?

Anyway, it's bad idea because instead of 'ghost town' we'll get 'endless griefing'.
How can '1st week temp league character' compete with any standard character?
Are you asking for more helpless victims? Even if we ignoring balance and legacies - properly geared STD build at least 3 times 'stronger' by any mean than no-rmt-involved temp league char.

Indeed this would mean that someone from texas and someone from amsterdam would be in the same queue and they would duel in a server where both a have at least decent ping (~120-140 is almost playable for most builds, which is what many get to their best server on another continent). You could even create a limit that wouldn't allow ping differencies of more than 100ms (or possibly even less).

About gear:
Even now pvp in poe is more like rock-paper-scissors and not 600 dps bow vs 350 dps bow. Actually even in that scenario it is a bit of a rock-paper-scissors situation depending on how those characters have decided to deal damage and how they have built their defenses. And yeah there probably wouldn't be many temp league people dueling in the first week but really, if you dont count the people who are just looking for leo daily, how many people are actually queuing for "real" pvp in the temp leagues in the first week? Close to none is a fair assumption.

Also as some people have already mentioned, if the "underdog" temp league player manages to find a weakness in the standard mirror guy, it can actually be quite fun and rewarding for the temp league player. People will always grief, there really isn't much we can do to reduce that. Some people were born as idiots.
Last edited by lapiz on Jan 9, 2017, 9:54:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info