What is the MINIMUM PvP needs? (ignore balance)

[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:48:56 PM
I'm glad most of us sees balance as important as I do. I'm not going any more detail into that for now.

To add something to the original question:

Better separation of people with very different power level. Even with an ideal balance, new people being matched with highly ranked/geeared/experienced ones can often result of driving away those people from PvP very easily. If someone on top of this purposely hunts the players who are first time trying out, being in a queue for a long time making any progress impossible, and expresses a griefing attitude makes that happen almost certainly, and causes hate towards the whole PvP in the game. Suggestions against this: make the Sarn Arena instance manager allow you to create new instances. Better queue management, allowing to see queued people to avoid griefers (when queue matches, you have to confirm the match, or if it's too hindering, just put a small timer on, where you can cancel a match before it happens, without losing ranking, maybe enable this only for players with too high rank difference)

Make more official events, like the original 2 seasons. It doesn't need proper alt art item rewards, or item rewards at all, which would require resources from GGG. Instead as a reward they could give a big amount of Leo reputation as a good incentive, or the most expensive hideout decorations from Leo, which ppl hardly get otherwise, or some already existing mtxs, like the current mystery box. For me just the competition and some ranking would be enough actually.

Towards the community: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/951244 should be updated, and a HLD version should be made. If I see a good direction taken, I will contribute.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Smaller player count in Arena and multiple instances again, smaller radius where players show on the map, text feed showing players entering and leaving Arena, more "pros" who say gg ( even noticing less and less of that happening) at the end of 1v1s. That's all the non-balance things I can think of.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Pvp system improvements will be worthless if the foundation are that rotten.

that's what makes people distant to pvp, when they enter to pvp arena and get one shotted by LA secondary damage, or by EA in small pvp maps, people see the rotten foundation of pvp and realize that there is something wrong going on here; they immediately realize that pvp is something not worth to invest on. this happens immediately in couple of seconds and that player never comes back to pvp again.

whatever you change about pvp, without doing some balance changes in gmae, we would go nowhere.
i've never seen such shameful, such broken pvp in any game, ever. and i'm saying that as one of the abusers of top tier builds in game with really good gear. my words are not product of jealousy and desperation.

also, i must insist that, this game is all about enjoying sense of progression; a good HLD would give the best experience for such sense of progression.

in the very deep inside, if the game isn't very hard(if it's not more than survival), the only motivation is to get better, or to get better than others, and poe can't satisfy this very much anymore.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 6, 2017, 3:19:00 PM
Here's another QoL suggestion:

Allow players to activate auras, buff, summon minions, etc during the immobility/invulnerability countdown timer.

Some of the arena's are so tiny, it's completely pointless to try to 1v1 on a character that's dependent on preparation, i.e. low life/auras and other things that need time (minions/golems, stack-dependent spells like BV, etc).

EA has been so dominant in pvp for years because players can rush over immediately and wall spam you with secondary damage before you even get 2 auras up.

Alternatively, we could respawn with our auras and unkilled minions active. Something has to give here because playing 7+ aura low life in a busy sarn arena is one of the most unfun and tedious pvp experiences I've ever had. I dislike seeing entire build categories effectively shut out from enjoyable pvp.

Another comment on balance:
Totems (spell, flame, shockwave, ranged attack) are in a pretty sorry state because you can't increase their chaos resist and they die in 0.0001 seconds in things like caustic arrow clouds, as well as to passive retaliation like tempest shield, reckoning, vengeance, riposte because there's no pvp damage reduction vs totems and those totems are squishy relative to player damage even at level 26+ with massive investment.

Minions
Similarly with minions/spectres, it's always very heart breaking to see a player walk into sarn arena with their spectre army and everything they have dies with a single weak attack or spell, and then the overkill damage prolifs on to them and they die instantly as well. It's tragic. That right there is a new player who becomes a pvp hater. I'm not sure how to improve that aside from a larger global pvp damage reduction, or perhaps raising the zone level of merciless pvp zones to 90 (so minions dependent on zone level scale better).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 6, 2017, 7:08:55 PM
Another one of these? Think everything has been outlined repeatedly with massive amounts of detail as to why and how to potentially fix it already. Keep parroting what I've written for years though. Baby steps toward a more efficient PvP are still steps in the end.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Other people can't think the same things as Mulla I guess.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:48:50 PM
I can assure you emailing frontline support is not a good way of handling it.

A sticky on the forum we could have edited occasionally with issues that need worked on, maybe in order of priority, wouldn't be a horrible idea.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
MullaXul wrote:
Another one of these? Think everything has been outlined repeatedly with massive amounts of detail as to why and how to potentially fix it already.

The main difference is that PT actually got an audience and can showcase the state of pvp way better that our endless sea of threads that nobody cares about.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 7, 2017, 3:47:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info