Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0] [kungFoomoo]Meatball Totem | Video Guide | all map mods T15 | HC | SSF | BUDGET

Thanks so much for the reply. I think I follow the logic.
In particular, as you noted, the 3 significant life nodes past Blood Magic seem impossible to duplicate on the tree anywhere else -- maybe Golem's Blood but it's too far away from Marauder.
It turns out that less than 30 minutes ago I saw that I could have 2 Inevitability jewels and bought another one on poe.trade. Your advice is spot-on. Dropping RoS and going with two Inevitability jewels is a HUGE damage boost, from losing 38% to gaining 15% plus the extra AOE.
It looks like the OP isn't monitoring this thread any longer, but just in case, I have an update.
I stayed with AB and 3 totems with Tuko's shield and 2 Inevitability jewels. I gave up for a while trying to color my Belly of the Beast chest to 4B and 2R and decided to experiment with 3B, 2R, and 1G, with GMP. That gives 7 orbs times 3 totems times roughly 5 waves per totem (if the mob is large enough). Well, this game is supposed to be fun, and seeing 100 fireballs on the screen at one time is indeed fun! Clearing low-level maps is usually as fast as I can run with Seven-League Step boots. I switch to Faster Projectiles (green gem) for boss fights which is okay but not great. It still takes a long time to dispatch bosses on rare corrupted red maps, which gives them lots of chances to land a fatal one-shot.
So how to scale any further? My gems are all Level 20 and 20% quality in a 6-link with a level 3 Empower, and my sceptre was a good find with 40% elemental plus 5-to-132 lightning, then I crafted 40% spell. Passive points seem too precious for life to spend on elemental, fire, or spell nodes, so where do I get more damage?
I'm also stuck at 7K life and don't see a way to improve it much either. Giving up flat life on a good ring to use Essence Worm hurts quite a bit.
Hello there! I started to play this build, and having a lot of fun! I'm playing hc SSF, only have one Inevitability jewel at the moment. I'm wondering what would be the best gem setup for this build(5 or 6link, might add IIR sometimes)? I am using LMP until I get second Inevitable, but I'm wondering if I should use conc effect, or ele focus, or what mixture you suggest? :)
Last edited by Steamr0ller on May 11, 2017, 3:31:35 AM
Apologies to all, IRL has kept me absent from the game for quite some time. I will however be back for 3.0 and will have the guide updated. I will endeavour to reply to all questions :)

Stay safe out there Exiles! ^_^

-kung
"
at3r wrote:
Got some totem and magma orb oriented uniques in SSF HC and decided to give this build a try (with some modifications). Only level 82 so far, but it looks pretty solid overall. Got some questions:

1) Any reason for not taking Elemental Overload? I noticed Ball Lightning is pretty unreliable at procing EO, but I easily spared 2-3 link for Orb of Storms + Inc. Crit +/- Inc. AoE/Faster Casting and it's working splendidly. It's just 2 points for 40% more damage, seems like a waste not to grab it.

2) Why not 2x Inevitability jewel instead of Rain of Splinters? I'm crunching numbers and it looks way better on paper for only 2 additional points of investment.

3) According to Magma Orb's wiki page in the LMP/GMP section "the explosions from Magma Orb's splashdown do not overlap, meaning that each time the orbs strike down at the same time, damage is dealt only once to any given enemy."

Your SKILL FUNCTIONS section states otherwise:
"
kungfoomoo wrote:

SKILL FUNCTIONS

Spoiler
So we are utilising magma orbs ability to overlap, similar to how glacial cascade and firestorm work. For this to happen we need to use either the Lesser or Greater Multiple Projectiles Support Gems or preferrably the Rain of Splinters jewel.
What you end up with in theory is something that looks like the image below

This overlap coupled with the skills in-built chain cause a high level of dps and great clear speed (for a totem build).

Is wiki outdated or your assumption wrong? From what I've read in other magma orb threads, this skill is all about overlapping subsequent chains of projectile, not multiple projectiles of same chain.

Hey Mate, yes there would be overlap from each subsequent chain but that first initial cast and possibly the second would absolutely have overlap from each explosion also. I can't see how it possibly wouldn't unless the games mechanics prevent it in some way. I will do some further testing with Conc effect myself also.
Sorry for the incredibly late reply IRL kicked my ass recently.

Stay safe out there Exile ^_^
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
Hello there! I started to play this build, and having a lot of fun! I'm playing hc SSF, only have one Inevitability jewel at the moment. I'm wondering what would be the best gem setup for this build(5 or 6link, might add IIR sometimes)? I am using LMP until I get second Inevitable, but I'm wondering if I should use conc effect, or ele focus, or what mixture you suggest? :)

Hey Mate, there is a section in the guide specifically covering gem links but I shall repost here for you anyway ^_^

LINKS AND GEMS
Spoiler
Set ups are in order of importance
Chest 4L (R,R,G,B,G) - Spell Totem (R) + Magma Orb (B) + LMP (G) + Fire Pen (R)
Chest 5L (R,R,B,B,G) - Add Controlled Destruction (B)

*Inevitability Jewel (Recommended)
Spoiler
On a 5L this will effectively give you 6L replacing your LMP.
A setup would look like (R,R,B,B,B) - Spell Totem (R) + Magma Orb (B) + Controlled Destruction (B) + Elemental Focus (B) + Fire Pen (R)

6L +1 Chest/6L +2 Fire Staff.
Chest 6L Tabula or other Non +1 to all skills - Add Elemental Focus or Empower lvl 4
*Recommended* Chest 6L +1 Tabula or Skin of the Loyal - Empower lvl 3/4

Spoiler
"
cetateii wrote:
It looks like the OP isn't monitoring this thread any longer, but just in case, I have an update.
I stayed with AB and 3 totems with Tuko's shield and 2 Inevitability jewels. I gave up for a while trying to color my Belly of the Beast chest to 4B and 2R and decided to experiment with 3B, 2R, and 1G, with GMP. That gives 7 orbs times 3 totems times roughly 5 waves per totem (if the mob is large enough). Well, this game is supposed to be fun, and seeing 100 fireballs on the screen at one time is indeed fun! Clearing low-level maps is usually as fast as I can run with Seven-League Step boots. I switch to Faster Projectiles (green gem) for boss fights which is okay but not great. It still takes a long time to dispatch bosses on rare corrupted red maps, which gives them lots of chances to land a fatal one-shot.
So how to scale any further? My gems are all Level 20 and 20% quality in a 6-link with a level 3 Empower, and my sceptre was a good find with 40% elemental plus 5-to-132 lightning, then I crafted 40% spell. Passive points seem too precious for life to spend on elemental, fire, or spell nodes, so where do I get more damage?
I'm also stuck at 7K life and don't see a way to improve it much either. Giving up flat life on a good ring to use Essence Worm hurts quite a bit.

Just for reference your initial question is in the spoiler :)
Hey Mate, I just have a few questions about what youre currently running.
Are you utilising the dual curse, elemental overload keystone and a vaal lightning trap for shocked ground? I have had no trouble killing bosses up to Guardians (which were a little painful but do able)
Let me know how you are travelling this league ^_^
You said

"Soul Mantle has received a HUGE buff, previously it provided with a free level 14 spell totem link, now they have buffed it all the way to level 20! This is huge, those 6 levels are a very big increase in totem life and the downside of this unique are so easily avoided with a Flask of Warding to remove curses (not that any curses really bothered us anyway XD). I am really excited to 6L this bad boy in the Legacy League!!"

How is it with curses? Why doesnt they bother you?
Would like to know cause i always run with Soul Mantle too and always wanted to use Self-Flagellation
Does this build use one or two of the inevitability jewels?
Hello there!

I have a question about the build. When we run Elemental Focus in the main link you cannot ignite enemies with the ability. But we allrdy have a 35% damage with hits against burning enemies from our chieftain builds and with 2 more point in the elemental wheel left of templar start we get 25% more damage against burning and 30% more burning damage. and we allready have a good chance to ignite as is with the the increased % from alot of different places.

Cant we just run with slower proj instead of Elemental focus and get some extra damage from projectlies there and drop the elemental focus gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info