[3.0] [kungFoomoo]Meatball Totem | Video Guide | all map mods T15 | HC | SSF | BUDGET

"
kungfoomoo wrote:
Ele focus we lose our ignite and the 35% increased damage that goes with it. (35% more damage)

Sure Elemental Focus is way too strong to miss out on but if you still want the Ngamahu bonus this can be remedied with a Flame Golem. Linked with Chance to Ignite makes the Flame Golem a formidable igniter.

(add Spell Echo and GMP if you can spare the sockets and want him to ignite large mobs as well but by no means required as he will ignite bosses just fine without)
Is this a type of cheap build to start off with, lets say a league starter or, should i find something else then invest into this as a 2nd character?? Just wondering for the up coming league

edit - lol should of seen the budget in the title, just saw meatballs and dived right in haha
Last edited by NoiXion on Feb 26, 2017, 10:56:05 AM
Chieftain totem builds are generally cheap in comparison and you can't go wrong as a league starter. Tuko is the only expensive item but by the time you really need it you should have enough currency to afford one.

As for this build, Magma Orb is a lvl 1 gem (mule from Templar/Witch), Spell Totem is available at lvl 10 so you can dive in pretty much right from the start, the only annoyance is the rather long way to Ancestral Bond but this can't be helped. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
Chieftain totem builds are generally cheap in comparison and you can't go wrong as a league starter. Tuko is the only expensive item but by the time you really need it you should have enough currency to afford one.

As for this build, Magma Orb is a lvl 1 gem (mule from Templar/Witch), Spell Totem is available at lvl 10 so you can dive in pretty much right from the start, the only annoyance is the rather long way to Ancestral Bond but this can't be helped. ;)

I am just testing it out while i still have a few days left, and i am pretty much b lining it to AB and then i'll just respec as i go on, probably inefficient, but i just want the duel totems as quick as possible to see how i go :), thanks for the reply as well :)
-high life mara
-reliable source of leech/heal
-minions for laziness
-magma orb (who uses that?)/spell I've never used before
-easy leveling with firestorm
-can do endgame content
-budget

I have finally found the build for me lol. This will be my league starter for legacy. Will make a new one the next few days for practice.
k so if this is gonna be my league starter then I have a few questions for faster leveling.

Just played this guy to dom and then accidentally ripped at level 28.

I had an issue with int, even with an int ammy but I've figured out that I can route to the +30 int node instead of through barbarism for the exact same amount of points, rushing to AB asap.

Damage seems kind of mediocre leveling to 28. Maybe it was playing in a 2-man party but fire trap in the first few levels with no spell damage was kind of meh, magma orb did some okay damage early a2 but after I lost the ability to level it up it feel behind badly. Firestorm also suffered. Kind of annoying really that merely having a second person in the game slows it down so badly. After I got AB I was putting points going towards Celestial Judgement, that and dual-wielding quartz scepters seemed to be alright, still felt it could've been better but not sure if gems were underleveled or what.

Life was pretty good, around 900 doing dom is plenty. Otherwise gonna have to try again before league to see what the damage/coverage is like up to 50-60 which is when I guess the damage should kick in with links.

Might go out of my way to get fire pen from library quest, then just have 3l with spell totem, firestorm, fire pen. Either fire pen or culling strike.

Anyone have any thoughts for trying to level quickly at start of league with this build?
"
Jazriel wrote:
-high life mara
-reliable source of leech/heal
-minions for laziness
-magma orb (who uses that?)/spell I've never used before
-easy leveling with firestorm
-can do endgame content
-budget

I have finally found the build for me lol. This will be my league starter for legacy. Will make a new one the next few days for practice.

So glad to hear! Good luck in legacy the guide will be updated soon for 2.6!
"
Jazriel wrote:
k so if this is gonna be my league starter then I have a few questions for faster leveling.

Just played this guy to dom and then accidentally ripped at level 28.

I had an issue with int, even with an int ammy but I've figured out that I can route to the +30 int node instead of through barbarism for the exact same amount of points, rushing to AB asap.

Damage seems kind of mediocre leveling to 28. Maybe it was playing in a 2-man party but fire trap in the first few levels with no spell damage was kind of meh, magma orb did some okay damage early a2 but after I lost the ability to level it up it feel behind badly. Firestorm also suffered. Kind of annoying really that merely having a second person in the game slows it down so badly. After I got AB I was putting points going towards Celestial Judgement, that and dual-wielding quartz scepters seemed to be alright, still felt it could've been better but not sure if gems were underleveled or what.

Life was pretty good, around 900 doing dom is plenty. Otherwise gonna have to try again before league to see what the damage/coverage is like up to 50-60 which is when I guess the damage should kick in with links.

Might go out of my way to get fire pen from library quest, then just have 3l with spell totem, firestorm, fire pen. Either fire pen or culling strike.

Anyone have any thoughts for trying to level quickly at start of league with this build?

Hi Jazriel! I'm so glad you've tried the build, though I'm sorry to hear you ripped early on.
I feel as though you will be fine keeping Magma Orb levelled (remember our gem levels for spell based gems contribute to the largest portion of our damage) so long as you path correctly to AB and take the +30 int node on the way with a Lapis amulet. All of that combined is 90 int, which will definitely get you through, having an under-levelled gem would absolutely make any build feel slow and under-powered. Make sure you get your resistance nodes on the way for boss fights and ALWAYS keep your flasks up to date, rolling staunching on whatever flask you can for Dom can be a big help in P2. Perhaps keeping a shield with the required resistance and life handy instead of dual wielding.

Let me know how you go Jazriel, stay safe out there Exile! ^_^
"
kungfoomoo wrote:

"
I generally start a Templar, get magma orb from town then buy 7 (find some wisdom's ofc) then mule them to start levelling them right away in order to lessen the cost of a 21/20 gem later.

Can you please clarify this part for me? If I understand correctly, you equip 6/7 of these in alternate gear set to level, and of course 1 of them in main setup. Then when they are 20/20, vaal them, trying to get the 21/20. Is that correct? How important is this to the success of the build?

It takes a lot of time to get 20/20 and buying one is a bit expensive, so curious on the importance of this.
"
tomay wrote:
"
kungfoomoo wrote:
Ele focus we lose our ignite and the 35% increased damage that goes with it. (35% more damage)

Sure Elemental Focus is way too strong to miss out on but if you still want the Ngamahu bonus this can be remedied with a Flame Golem. Linked with Chance to Ignite makes the Flame Golem a formidable igniter.

(add Spell Echo and GMP if you can spare the sockets and want him to ignite large mobs as well but by no means required as he will ignite bosses just fine without)

Thanks for the advice I will be adding this to the guide <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info