[3.0] [kungFoomoo]Meatball Totem | Video Guide | all map mods T15 | HC | SSF | BUDGET

Why do you not level certain gems? Fork and ball lighting for example. Also do you know if the dying sun would work with this build, and would it give each totem an extra 2 projectiles? Thanks

P.S. Apparently no1 uses sceptres in hardcore breach as I had to craft my own which was another hell all together.
Last edited by TorrentKing on Jan 7, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
nvm
Last edited by TorrentKing on Jan 7, 2017, 12:17:43 PM
"
kungfoomoo wrote:
"
tzuiop wrote:
So why not use Rain of splinters to get rid of the LMP less multiplier and free a link for something like faster casting, Increased Aoe/Conc, slower projectiles?

When reading this I have factored in the -15% damage we take from subbing LMP with Rain of Splinters.
If we use:
Ele focus we lose our ignite and the 35% increased damage that goes with it. (35% more damage)
Conc effect is the worst thing you can do to Magma orb, you'll find the overlap will probably become too small to really clear effectively enough. (45% more damage, huge lose in overlap)
Pierce is virtually wasted. While we still get the 20% more multiplayer Magma Orb cannot pierce. (5% more damage)
Slower Proj makes the build extremely uncomfortable to play as it reduces the range of our orbs and the time it takes for them to hit the ground, not cool. (15% more damage)
Faster Projectiles Increases Magma Orbs range, but with the extra chain from level 21 it is already clearing the whole screen. (-15% more damage, 30% increased damage)
Faster Casting doesn't really benefit us like it does with Flame totem or Firestorm. The effectiveness of that gem is based on the interaction with the skill. (-15% more damage)
Inc Aoe would make your dps more consistent the further they chain and spread but keep in mind you would lose enough tool tip that it would more than likely just balance out what you've sacrificed, can just get this as a help enchant. (-15% more damage, increased overlap)
Iron Will is probably the only thing I would consider subbing in due to the sheer amount of strength we have but to be honest I would much rather stack Aoe damage/Totem Damage/Fire Damage/Spell Damage/Projectile Damage on a jewel for 2 points, than take an extra 15% less multiplier (LMP gives us 15% less multiplier vs RoS 30%). (42% increased damage + approx 50-60% from strength makes this the only viable option in my opinion.

Thanks so much for this theory crafting Tzuiop, I think RoS is a great choice if you are running a 5L! But if you decide to test Rain of Splinters please let me know your experience. I will most likely do the same with a max level Iron Will. I dare say the difference wouldn't be significant enough to warrant spending 90c on a different Skin of the Loyal, although colouring something like a Belly of the Beast, should you require the defences (keep in mind you lose even more dps because you are losing 2 gem levels on your Magma Orb).

I will add a Q&A section for all of these comments :)

I sense a major error in your calculations here: Rain of Splinters is reduced damage and not less like LMP. A bad Rain of splinters is like not having Clear Mind.
"
tzuiop wrote:
"
kungfoomoo wrote:
"
tzuiop wrote:
So why not use Rain of splinters to get rid of the LMP less multiplier and free a link for something like faster casting, Increased Aoe/Conc, slower projectiles?

I sense a major error in your calculations here: Rain of Splinters is reduced damage and not less like LMP. A bad Rain of splinters is like not having Clear Mind.

Not gonna lie I haven't read rain of splinters since I played siege balista many moons ago...
This is a massive increase in damage. I will be using Iron Will instead of LMP since this is the case.
I have updated the guide thanks so much Tzuiop! :D
Stay safe out there :)
Last edited by kungfoomoo on Jan 7, 2017, 5:48:26 PM
"
TorrentKing wrote:
Why do you not level certain gems? Fork and ball lighting for example. Also do you know if the dying sun would work with this build, and would it give each totem an extra 2 projectiles? Thanks

P.S. Apparently no1 uses sceptres in hardcore breach as I had to craft my own which was another hell all together.

If you can afford a dying sun it would absolutely be amazing!

I'm sorry to hear about the lack of sceptres in HC, you can use a wand you will just have to use flame dash instead. but I'm glad you're still enjoying the build TorrentKing :D
Stay safe out there :)
I like your build and I'm currently following it.

How do you feel about incorporating infernal mantel into the build?
"
SlappyHands wrote:
I like your build and I'm currently following it.

How do you feel about incorporating infernal mantel into the build?

Hey! To use Infernal Mantle you would need to drop the Xoph's blood and lose 10% fire pen, but it would allow you to use an Atziri's Promise flask also. I'm not sure it would be a bigger dps increase than a +1 Tabula though :/
If you do end up testing it let me know! :D
Stay safe out there.
Guide will be updated for 2.6, just taking a break between leagues ^_^
May i ask how good this is for farming uber labs?
"
MarciPWN wrote:
May i ask how good this is for farming uber labs?

You definitely won't have trouble clearing it, very few close calls because of how much life regen you have and the fact the totems will be taunting Izaro. The issue is that because you are running totems and the ability is chaining through targets, you will probably be killing adds you need to keep alive for keys.

Stay safe out there exile ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info