[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

Have you attempted guardians / shaper with the new build? Just dinged a new level and tried guardians on my present variant and they were iffy (1 death minotaur, 2 deaths chimera, 2 deaths hydra, 1 death phoenix) but mostly, I think, because I just suck at the mechanics and rarely do the fights. I've never tried shaper because this is the first build I've ever done that approaches the required single target DPS but figure it will feel a bit worse.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 15, 2017, 9:47:17 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Have you attempted guardians / shaper with the new build? Just dinged a new level and tried guardians on my present variant and they were iffy (1 death minotaur, 2 deaths chimera, 2 deaths hydra, 1 death phoenix) but mostly, I think, because I just suck at the mechanics and rarely do the fights. I've never tried shaper because this is the first build I've ever done that approaches the required single target DPS but figure it will feel a bit worse.

I was never a fan of bosses but I'm working on a few versions that might be able to take on guardians/shaper efficiently. I'm switching over to one as we speak.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Just did shaper for the first time. Mana was a problem on my build and got me killed first run since it functionally crippled my DPS (shavronne's revelation is a no-go for shaper); wasn't expecting that. Second time I screwed up and got frost vortexes basically on 90% of the third phase floor which caused several deaths but managed to get it done.

I expect a player skilled at the fight could do it no problem... every time I died it felt like my fault, not a weakness in the build. Honestly it felt like a more fair fight than chimera, hydra, or minotaur which all feel cheap as hell to me, especially the chimera boss with the smoke cloud phase.

I expect the main build (Life MoM) to do at least as well as long as the DPS is high enough.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 15, 2017, 10:47:48 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Just did shaper for the first time. Mana was a problem on my build and got me killed first run since it functionally crippled my DPS (shavronne's revelation is a no-go for shaper); wasn't expecting that. Second time I screwed up and got frost vortexes basically on 90% of the third phase floor which caused several deaths but managed to get it done.

I expect a player skilled at the fight could do it no problem... every time I died it felt like my fault, not a weakness in the build. Honestly it felt like a more fair fight than chimera, hydra, or minotaur which all feel cheap as hell to me, especially the chimera boss with the smoke cloud phase.

I expect the main build (Life MoM) to do at least as well as long as the DPS is high enough.

Supporting mana with MoM as Witch was my biggest problem as well. I found two options to properly support MoM on t15+ boss fights.

1) Using Lavianga's Spirit and keeping it up mainly for bosses.

2) Switching to Berserker.

Over the past 2 days I've been leveling a Marauder to turn into a Berserker. The original idea didn't work out, but the back up plan has been a major success thus far.

Essentially, you pick Berserker for 1 reason, Life & Mana leech, at all times, on anything you hit. It's an extremely powerful ascendancy and so far I've been able to face tank twinned T15 maps without a single issue.

As of right now I've dropped using power charges & frenzy charges completely, and put on Mutewind Whispersteps, I didn't realize just how much DPS these added (around 9% overall damage), and while going through the different choices we had for boots.. there's not much out there if we just don't worry about charges.

I also took Pledge of Hands for a couple reasons.. #1 Spell Echo is required to make FP any good, so using Pledge frees up an extra support gem for our FP. #2 It gives us 100% maximum mana, which allows us to drop ALL mana nodes from our tree and completely maintain MoM without a problem. And finally, #3 There are some really nice staff crit nodes & block nodes which I've taken, which really helps make the build feel solid.

The end result (at least right now) is going to be a MUCH more tanky build, with easily over 8k+ life near end game (level 95~) block chance from our staff & passive nodes, 500k~ Shaper/Guardian DPS (1mil~ map clearing DPS), instant leech Berserker fun.

If requested.. I suppose I can write up a guide for it over on the Marauder forum.

Either way I'll be streaming me testing it tomorrow for sure.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 16, 2017, 1:34:36 AM
"
If requested.. I suppose I can write up a guide for it over on the Marauder forum.

That'd be nice, thank you!
"
Supporting mana with MoM as Witch was my biggest problem as well. I found two options to properly support MoM on t15+ boss fights.

1) Using Lavianga's Spirit and keeping it up mainly for bosses.

2) Switching to Berserker.

Over the past 2 days I've been leveling a Marauder to turn into a Berserker. The original idea didn't work out, but the back up plan has been a major success thus far.

Essentially, you pick Berserker for 1 reason, Life & Mana leech, at all times, on anything you hit. It's an extremely powerful ascendancy and so far I've been able to face tank twinned T15 maps without a single issue.

As of right now I've dropped using power charges & frenzy charges completely, and put on Mutewind Whispersteps, I didn't realize just how much DPS these added (around 9% overall damage), and while going through the different choices we had for boots.. there's not much out there if we just don't worry about charges.

I also took Pledge of Hands for a couple reasons.. #1 Spell Echo is required to make FP any good, so using Pledge frees up an extra support gem for our FP. #2 It gives us 100% maximum mana, which allows us to drop ALL mana nodes from our tree and completely maintain MoM without a problem. And finally, #3 There are some really nice staff crit nodes & block nodes which I've taken, which really helps make the build feel solid.

The end result (at least right now) is going to be a MUCH more tanky build, with easily over 8k+ life near end game (level 95~) block chance from our staff & passive nodes, 500k~ Shaper/Guardian DPS (1mil~ map clearing DPS), instant leech Berserker fun.

Either way I'll be streaming me testing it tomorrow for sure.

This is a really interesting build concept that I might try out... I have a level 95 berserker and a 6L pledge of hands just lying around doing nothing.

Anyways, I just brute forced a crude solution to the mana problem - I took off my Shavronne's Revelation and then I ran 4x Surgeon's Divine Mana Flasks and 1x Lavianga's Spirit for the fight.

My mana pool is much smaller (about 500 unreserved mana) and it doesn't get hit from damage since I'm not MoM so unsure if a brute force flask solution would work for your build during shaper but it worked for mine.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 16, 2017, 10:20:14 AM
Putting curse on hit with warlords mark and heralds frees up some reserve. It's also safer since you can have more distance to your target while applying the curse. Have you tried that out?
"
Chrisdeath wrote:
Putting curse on hit with warlords mark and heralds frees up some reserve. It's also safer since you can have more distance to your target while applying the curse. Have you tried that out?

Here's the problem with running Curse on Hit, you definitely free up more mana as a buffer for MoM, but it requires you to get a shatter to apply that curse, so when you don't shatter you aren't using that curse, like on bosses for example.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Streaming some of my testing of the Zerker now.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Added my new build guide for the Zerker FP.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info