[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: 2.2k Base ES Aura, 10 Auras, 4 Curses, Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian

Hey love your build, wonder if you will update it for 3.1?
"
DankKahawa wrote:
Hey love your build, wonder if you will update it for 3.1?

3.0 = 3.1 for almost all builds with a few exceptions.

Just don't level with this build. I'm doing it with a friend who has twink gear (50ex on his lvl 70 after selling off 3 of his league starter builds) and it's still a struggle because I'm dead weight until about 85-90.
Glad there's a normal mana guardian bot build available.

Thanks for updating it 3.0+. I really miss the snore build :( still have my +2 heretic on standard collecting dust.

I'm going to push the build with a friend to see how much we can do with it. He's going to go yolo DPS, while I do this build, since we are so bored of necrobots. It's too fragile of a setup with necros because the second they die, the fight is basically over. At least with this, we can still shotgun if something goes wrong as a backup.
THX!
Hi, I tried doing this build, but ended up having only 4.2k mana and only 5.2 es. Can you check my character and tell me how to improve it? Thanks in advance! char name is picon_manabot
"
p1coN wrote:
Hi, I tried doing this build, but ended up having only 4.2k mana and only 5.2 es. […] char name is picon_manabot

Hey p1coN,
There are many things you can tweak to make it better. Imo the easiest way before spending and respecting passive points would be to start using PoB.

The next Question is, if you wanna become a pure Managuardian or 'just' an Aurabot which makes use of manapool on top of everything you do normally.

So let's get started:
- Healthy Mind
+ Using the lifenode around "Constitution":
• It's only useful if you invest all passive points to fit in 4 Healthy Minds around it and not just 2 aka you'd got to get the Jewel Socket in the south of it as well and replace the Grand Spectrum in the west with another Healthy Mind (find another spot for your Grand Spectrum!)

• My oppinion is, if you are not a pure Managuardian then the investment in passive Points is not worth it at all (point-reward toooo low)! Have u ever counted how many points that are (and it's not even complete!) that's 14 points and another 3 to fit in the 4th Healthy Mind AND you have to find now jewel sockets for the grand spectrum!

+ Healthy Mind in North of Witch starting point:
• You Placed a Healthy Mind in the Jewel socket that's good, but you miss out the jucey "Cruel Preparation" as well as the lifenode south to it

+ Melding Passive not used whereas a Healthy Mind in the Jewel Socket next to it wouly be so benefical (another Grand Spectrum you have to find another spot for… and there are many better one in terms of point-reward calculations)

- Other stuff to think 'bout
+ I'm meanwhile using a Darkness Enthroned Stygian Vise just to fit in two Aby-jewls with + max ES and + max mana (whereas the max mana is the more important one) and this belt is giving me around 700 Mana as well as roughly 1k ES!

Feel free to study my "MayTheAuraBeWithYou" Guardian it's based on the original version of this post and modyfied to suit my own playstyle :)

And meanwhile just lvl up your Managuardian lvls are sooo beneficial for it and keep in mind that you most of the time want to have high "total" mana (if you use poe.trade) cause by reserving mana you gain ES and 1 mana is (by treelayout) way better than 1 es (also for party and if you ever get filthy rich to get one of those mana -> es jewels…

I felt free to mess around with your current tree in a way to make the best out of it w/o using (to many) respects and came up with around 11k ES and 8k mana (122/123 skillpoints used!) (PoB)

Keep in mind it's not one of those oldschool 14k+ Managuardian but maybe the best u can get for…
The Alpha's Howl got a +2 Aura corruption but u can get one with +2 Vall or +1 to socketed gems dosn't matter but the extra lvls are nice to have and since we have the new Impurities … hihi :)

BTW: Thx to the OP - nice to have such an 'old' build still working well
So after the short help, I'm in need for some help as well.

How do you guys handle the 3 new Impurities?
I run out of space to use the skills actively :(
There is:
LM: run
MM: vaal clarity
RM: flamedash

1st key: Vaal discipline
2nd key: Warcry
3rd key: Phaserun ('cause u don't have the time to open boxes if you have raiders with u ^^)
4th key: Bladefall (With enhance and 3/4-curse (open slot for party))
5th key: Vaal Haste

??th key: Vaal Impurity of fire
??th key: Vaal Impurity of Lightning
??th key: Vaal Impurity of Ice

Is there (if it is even allowed — no i won't get my account deleted!) any ahk-script or something to quick-rebind the keys on the fly?
"
So after the short help, I'm in need for some help as well.

How do you guys handle the 3 new Impurities?
I run out of space to use the skills actively :(
There is:
LM: run
MM: vaal clarity
RM: flamedash

1st key: Vaal discipline
2nd key: Warcry
3rd key: Phaserun ('cause u don't have the time to open boxes if you have raiders with u ^^)
4th key: Bladefall (With enhance and 3/4-curse (open slot for party))
5th key: Vaal Haste

??th key: Vaal Impurity of fire
??th key: Vaal Impurity of Lightning
??th key: Vaal Impurity of Ice

Is there (if it is even allowed — no i won't get my account deleted!) any ahk-script or something to quick-rebind the keys on the fly?
So...I've looked at updating this build for 3.3 and it's actually gotten a lot better YET again, but there's a LOT to optimize as we have crazy new stuff like reduced mana reservation corruptions on jewels and vaal+regular gems which frees up a LOT of gem pressure. The bottom line is I'll need to play it again to tinker with stuff and find an optimal setup, and that's a bit tricky to do in standard with the lack of economy. From what I've looked into on PoB though, the impurities don't seem super worth it. They're much more expensive to get level 21 to get us to our top max res, and yeah, we start running out of hotkeys. This build should make your allies basically invulnerable as it stands so they have lower priority than skills that help you keep up with your allies and give clear speed. (I am aware that we can get a corrupted alpha's, which eliminates the need for level 21 gems, and although we lose a mana reservation enchant we can get that back through jewel corruptions, but that's still expensive).

Also I don't think you can macro skill changes, because per GGG official rules, macros are only allowed as long as they don't map one activation to more than one resulting action, and a macro that did that would have to do multiple things with a single activation.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Also I don't think you can macro skill changes

Hmpf as I had it in mind :(

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

So...I've looked at updating this build for 3.3 and it's actually gotten a lot better YET again

Hehe yeh feels better or at least it gives more flexibility :)

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

(I am aware that we can get a corrupted alpha's, which eliminates the need for level 21 gems, and although we lose a mana reservation enchant we can get that back through jewel corruptions, but that's still expensive).

Every coin has 2 sides >.< . But I kinda love the impurities and and the Vaal change, 'cause the corrupted alphas with +2 vaal gems are (depending how patient you are^^) being sold for less than 1exa… and lvl 21 gems alone are most of the time more expensive if you are unlucky with self-corruption.

The drawback beeing imo that you need now more vaaled gems. A vaal discipline with +20 quali for the helemet. Then I love the Shield with +2 vaal too (if you don't boost the dmg (anger, wraith,...) but the passives (Haste, determind,...) with 20quali and then i'm currently thinking 'bout using the same kinda vaal gems in glove + boots and link it with increased duration.

So yeh more flexibility and as I think 'bout guids the basic structure is still working and the rest is adjusted to fit to the own playstyle :)

But I'll hang out and be curious which idea u'll come up with — and keep in mind we should get double corruption from current temp-leage... aka +6 to vaal-aura-skill-gems oO (ehm if we have enough money)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info