[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: 2.2k Base ES Aura, 10 Auras, 4 Curses, Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian

Hi Guys,

i luv the support playstyle, but can this build also be good for solo?

I was thinking about dropping 1 curse + vaal gems and adding an RF slot in the body6L/gloves?

How does the new MoM work? will it sustain RF?

little test:
https://pastebin.com/69B4BeZE

thanks a lot!

bye
"
freeko1337 wrote:
Hi Guys,

i luv the support playstyle, but can this build also be good for solo?

I was thinking about dropping 1 curse + vaal gems and adding an RF slot in the body6L/gloves?

How does the new MoM work? will it sustain RF?

little test:
https://pastebin.com/69B4BeZE

thanks a lot!

bye
It can't really be good solo honestly. I did a little fiddling and it's not worth sacrificing 20% of our support capability just to make a crippled RF build. I just suggest leveling another character. The leveling process is shorter than ever in 3.0, and 10c worth of gear on a char that finishes the story will clear better than anything I've done with this guy solo. As for MoM, unfortunately it only prevents damage to life, not energy shield, so it doesn't actually function for us at all. I just really want the mana nodes behind it =P.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Hi Everyone,

I think I'm going to try modifying this build into a whispering ice build. It won't be great at supporting anymore, but I'm hoping to get a ton of ES (which will be rare in 3.0) while still doing respectable damage. There are a bunch of whispering ice builds that have been posted but none are tanky enough for an idiot like me to survive in hardcore.

I haven't done all the math yet, but it seems intuitive: just stack int. For a guardian, it will be flat ES, %ES, flat damage, and %damage, so this is essentially a quadruple dip. I'm hoping that ES items will be really cheap this league, so this build might be easy to gear up.

Unfortunately I'd guess that support builds are probably going to be dead this patch. The necromancer got nerfed really hard, and the strongest part of the guardian support--lots of ES--will be much less useful to parties when most people are running life builds.

Thanks everyone for posting on this. It's been a fun read.
I am definitely interested in this build i have not played in a long time and really need an updated build for 3.0 if you have the info to update the guide
"
RRCchris wrote:
I am definitely interested in this build i have not played in a long time and really need an updated build for 3.0 if you have the info to update the guide
I've updated the main page with a 3.0 what's new section, which contains the path of building link for the fully updated and pretty damn good 3.0 version of this build if I do say so myself. It does lose a bit of its usefuleness if nobody else is running ES, but we have traded some of our aura for personal ES defense as well as overall better defenses, so I still think it's pretty strong. I don't have time to do a full overhaul of the build guide considering how long and detailed it is, so you'll need PoB to really see it for now. Hope this helps!
Are the grandspectrum still good? After the limit to 3 ?
"
WtfBOOM wrote:
Are the grandspectrum still good? After the limit to 3 ?
Eh, they're still worth using for sure, since in the new version of the build we are desperate for flat mana sources. They aren't really build defining anymore though.
I'm running this build with a friend who went tri-curse whispering ice, I've had 70 levels to try and come up with what to do with the build instead of curse and I'm still at a bit of a loss.

I was considering just trying to trigger shocked for the group and maybe use arc and have it trigger EE too (as the group is cold + phy [unless the gladiator does something weird]), I can't really think of a better use yet I don't want to be without an active skill, sure I picked a support character but I'd like to do more than just follow people around.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Another option I'd considered was Allelopathy CWC <something> for the slow on blight.
"
Xanoth wrote:
I'm running this build with a friend who went tri-curse whispering ice, I've had 70 levels to try and come up with what to do with the build instead of curse and I'm still at a bit of a loss.

I was considering just trying to trigger shocked for the group and maybe use arc and have it trigger EE too (as the group is cold + phy [unless the gladiator does something weird]), I can't really think of a better use yet I don't want to be without an active skill, sure I picked a support character but I'd like to do more than just follow people around.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Another option I'd considered was Allelopathy CWC <something> for the slow on blight.
Haha, when I ran this, one of my friends was actually running tri-curse whispering ice (it's a good pair with mana guardians!). I just cursed anyway, because he was relying on a CWDT setup to proc the curses, so it was nice for everything to be cursed everywhere before he even starting damaging stuff, plus my curses were better than his. That said, if you really want to try something else, there's a few things to try, although it's annoying our gear is so tight that it's hard to sacrifice something for an interesting helpful unique like allelopathy and we don't do enough damage to proc meaningful status effects with damage.

Frost Bomb: If he's running ele weakness and cold pen this is probably only 10-15% more damage, but that's not bad and it only takes a single link

Vaal Lightning Trap: This is a much better alternative than trying to proc shock with damage. It's only 15%, and technically he could do this himself, but if you add up stuff like this and frostbomb and recasting golem or whatever, it's nice for it to be taken care of so he can just keep damaging and leeching.

Frenzy: Hitting mobs in the face isn't ideal, but frenzy charges for the whole party is pretty sweet and we are probably tanky enough to pick good times to get hits in.

Extra Warcries: Enduring cry can give everyone endurance charges, and abyssal cry has a solid slow and a handy AoE clear bonus. Just keep in mind warcries don't stack, so while you get to keep your charges, you can't have the rallying cry damage and abyssal debuffs at the same time. You just get to pick what is best for each pack.

Also definitely yes on the EE. I used the lab lightning boot enchant to proc it, since that adds damage to everything. Hope this helps, good luck!
I got EE to work without having to buy a new ring (was too expensive to get anything close without the added attack damage).

Currently using Storm Call with a load of ailment boosting gems to trigger shocked all over and make it better/spread. Not sure how effective it is considering it's on a 5 link, but it means I can use lightning to trigger EE and no elemental damage gets added. Switched out flame dash for lightning warp to not accidentally trigger EE with wrong damage type. Trying out power charge on crit, but seems really unreliable and the rest of the group doesn't invest in crit nodes so the benefit is limited.

I think the gladiator will go enduring cry, although whispering ice player is running warlords for now due to temp mana issues. I played around with Abysal cry and it does make me feel a bit more active, but the group kills trash so fast it's really not actually helping.

Frenzy could work, and I'd thought about using ice bite with culling strike to generate charges with another safer skill, but then I can't really EE. So hopefully the gladiator can generate them.

I did try a CWC with frost bomb, but the trigger is slow due to cooldown on frostbomb and I wasn't sure it was worth it. So wondering if the whispering ice player can fit that in themselves.

I've gone off vaal skills a bit, while it's a great source of shock, I tried to supply that a different way as I don't have much else to do.

I'll probably do as you suggested and get curses anyway eventually, depending on how reliably I can shock with storm call, as I think innervate, unbound ailments, elemental prolif and w/e else was the 4th could be over the top for the benefit they provide the group.

The main thing we need is more boss damage, I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do to boost that.

I also really didn't realise just how finely tuned your 3.0 build was until I got here, had to drop clarity and link an enlighten just to run the main auras until I can get a helm enchant (200c for an uberlab enchant is more than I want to pay just to run clarity especially as the whispering ice player is running that for now).

Resists have been a pain, but the ES aura is already good and I'm not done with mana nodes yet.

If I do end up pushing towards 100 I'd be tempted to go and get champion for the cause, I know it's a long trek, but going through constitution adds nearly 3k armour, aura radius is always nice when peeps are running off. and 12% aura effectiveness adds more of everything and an extra jewel socket for... mana and es i guess, not sure if there is any other unique jewel that would be worth as an 8th. (it means dropping flask nodes and altering pathing above witch, get deep thoughts from above, link into witch via the dex node nearpain attunement. saves 1 point), so you can get champion for the cause at 99, assuming you don't drop some personal es to get there sooner, sadly it's not enough to push purities over to more max %).
Last edited by Xanoth on Sep 12, 2017, 8:03:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info