[2.6] Crit BF HoWAquisitor [1300 INT, 67k tooltip, 13k ES, Stun immunity] NO SKYFORTH/ASTRA

"
Deadbringer wrote:
How would it fare in hardcore? I made an fb totem dude for testing it (since it seems popular anyway) and turned out like a fail. For me,anyway. So i was looking for something good agaisnt boss (hardcore, im thinking crap boss like atziri,vinktar and breach,not chayula)

I was also wondering if you could upload a run on a map. Just wondering howsd the kill speed. Im not a fan of bladeflurry,never really tried one, but i really want to save this dude. I dont care just using 50regret to turn into this but yeah,im curious. Its good to see someone kill all these boss on softcore but im wondering how it fare in normal play.

I've just uploaded a vid of a random gorge run and updated some stats.
https://youtu.be/pYC1TEd42Cg

On hindsight, my DPS was high enough to the point that it was kinda overkill and I should really have invested more points into AOE nodes instead to improve the effective clear speed.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
thanks for taking time :)
Hi there! I've been playing your build for a few days now, but I'm having difficulty getting above 5k avg damage on my BF. My ES is almost 10k, and I'm level 79; it's just the damage aspect that I'm struggling with. What can I do to improve my damage? My gear is as follows.

Spoiler

Thanks for the guide, though! This is my first ES character and so far it seems to be great.
"
Starsvanin wrote:
Hi there! I've been playing your build for a few days now, but I'm having difficulty getting above 5k avg damage on my BF. My ES is almost 10k, and I'm level 79; it's just the damage aspect that I'm struggling with. What can I do to improve my damage? My gear is as follows.

Spoiler

Thanks for the guide, though! This is my first ES character and so far it seems to be great.

Hey Stars! You're welcome! Your gear is quite decent but some can definitely be upgraded for sure.

Getting a 6L would boost your damage by another 49% or so, but let's not rush into that yet. You're only level 79 so there's plenty more room for DPS nodes I would imagine, especially since your ES is already 10k. I can give you a more detailed analysis if you're able to make your character public: that way I'll be able to look at your jewels and tree.
Build of the Week 14
very nice build. with 92 LVL and 26к dps in the hideout i go to the shaper and it would be easy(my first shaper)drop flask, lovely(sorry my bad english)
"
space_timee wrote:
very nice build. with 92 LVL and 26к dps in the hideout i go to the shaper and it would be easy(my first shaper)drop flask, lovely(sorry my bad english)

Thanks! Glad to know it worked well for you, and gratz on the flask drop! :)
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:

Hey Stars! You're welcome! Your gear is quite decent but some can definitely be upgraded for sure.

Getting a 6L would boost your damage by another 49% or so, but let's not rush into that yet. You're only level 79 so there's plenty more room for DPS nodes I would imagine, especially since your ES is already 10k. I can give you a more detailed analysis if you're able to make your character public: that way I'll be able to look at your jewels and tree.

I've updated it to be public, but haven't had much chance to play this weekend. Hoping to get to 90 before the league ends though!
"
Starsvanin wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

I've updated it to be public, but haven't had much chance to play this weekend. Hoping to get to 90 before the league ends though!

Ok I've just had a look at your character. A few things you can do to improve your dps:

1. You're currently dealing about 4.5k damage with 6.59 attacks per second which translates to about 29355 dps. If you switch faster attacks to a level 20/20 elemental focus, you will deal about 6.7k damage with 5.07 aps which translates to about 34k dps, higher than before. Granted, that will reduce your attack speed, but that can be offset by grabbing jewels with attack speed on them.

2. Your hit chance is really low at the moment at only 79%. If you complete the Acuity cluster which will give you another 6% attack speed and improve your hit chance to 82%, your damage will go up to 6940 x 5.23 APS which will translate to 36314dps.

3. Try getting gear with 500 accuracy in total as well as WED on your rings and ammy. If you manage to get 500 flat accuracy and 90% WED in total on your rings and ammy, your hit chance will go up to 89% and your damage will go from 6940 x 5.23 APS to 9453 x 5.23 = 49461 dps

4. If you continue leveling and complete the disemboweling + assassination/trickery cluster, your DPS will skyrocket to 14202.9 x 5.23 = 74309 dps

5. Subsequently, if you spend a further 2 points to grab another 2 jewel sockets and socket them with jewels with 6% incr. attack speed and 2 x crit multi (for total of 30% crit multi), your dps will go up to 16.7k x 5.57 = 92927.6 dps.

If you get better ES gear as well as accessories (rings + ammy) worth crafting %ES on, you can afford to drop the entire ES cluster (deep wisdom + arcane focus) which will free up alot more points for DPS.

6. If you then get a 6L and put in a level 20/20 increased crit damage, your average damage will then go up to 21580 x 5.57 aps which will bring you up to 120158 dps.

Its probably alot to take in at one go but I hope that helps you a little in bringing your dps up!

Build of the Week 14
Hey Invalesco,

I am fairly new to the game and i just started your build 1 week ago. It's hella fun but at the same time i am so confused. How can i maximize the efficiency of my gear and level cause i feel like im missing out.

First thing is accuracy, it's at 87% with with ice golem on and there is no way i can higher that. Gear which would give good accuracy and ressists/crit/wed etc are just wayyy too expensive, over 10 exaults. So im content with what i have, unfortuantely.

About crit, what are good crit values? How much %? How much multiplier %?

Gems, i am playing around with them so much. I tried Wrath/ Blasphemy/ Assasin's mark combo(enlighten lvl 3), with Discipline (enli 3) i am left with 12 mana. On top of that i need to use Purity of lightning cause i couldn t max out my ressists through gear so im left with what u can see on my character screen. Now im thinking to experiment with blood rage a little bit to understand the concept of it.

Skill points, now that's something. Spend over 50 regrets trying out stuff and see what works for me, i am sure there are many mistakes on my skill build and it would be amazing if you could show me a few pointers.

As far as gear upgrades that s kinda slim, im pretty much broke right now i don t see me buying anything worthy above 3ex this league.

I do not care about clear speed, i wanna be a boss killer, i tried minotaur yesterday and got so wrecked it got me really sad :( This is my ultimate goal right now; kill Minotaur!!

Last edited by LryxnIa on Feb 17, 2017, 8:33:21 PM
"
LryxnIa wrote:
Hey Invalesco,

I am fairly new to the game and i just started your build 1 week ago. It's hella fun but at the same time i am so confused. How can i maximize the efficiency of my gear and level cause i feel like im missing out.

First thing is accuracy, it's at 87% with with ice golem on and there is no way i can higher that. Gear which would give good accuracy and ressists/crit/wed etc are just wayyy too expensive, over 10 exaults. So im content with what i have, unfortuantely.

About crit, what are good crit values? How much %? How much multiplier %?

Gems, i am playing around with them so much. I tried Wrath/ Blasphemy/ Assasin's mark combo(enlighten lvl 3), with Discipline (enli 3) i am left with 12 mana. On top of that i need to use Purity of lightning cause i couldn t max out my ressists through gear so im left with what u can see on my character screen. Now im thinking to experiment with blood rage a little bit to understand the concept of it.

Skill points, now that's something. Spend over 50 regrets trying out stuff and see what works for me, i am sure there are many mistakes on my skill build and it would be amazing if you could show me a few pointers.

As far as gear upgrades that s kinda slim, im pretty much broke right now i don t see me buying anything worthy above 3ex this league.

I do not care about clear speed, i wanna be a boss killer, i tried minotaur yesterday and got so wrecked it got me really sad :( This is my ultimate goal right now; kill Minotaur!!

Heya!

87% hit chance is decent enough at this point. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Your crit chance is ok, but you need more crit multiplier. At least 350% would be great.

Ok here's what we're gonna do.

Regarding gems:
1. Put Herald of Thunder together with Purity of Lightning, Discipline and Enlighten on your boots
2. Now re-arrange your gems accordingly:
- Helm: Level 1 CWDT - Blade Vortex - PCoC - Incr. Crit Strikes (this will generate power charges for you so you don't have to worry about HoT + CoH + AM)
- Weapon 1: Keep your whirling blades set up
- Weapon 2: Vaal Discipline - Vaal Haste (or Blood Rage) - Assassin's Mark (for manually cursing mobs/bosses if you wish, although you probably don't need it if your temporal chains is the one which is constantly being procced)
- Gloves: CWDT - Immortal Call - Temporal Chains
- Chest: replace increased crit damage with the elemental focus gem

Now, change your tree accordingly: remove charisma and the elemental focus cluster. Remove deep wisdom and arcane focus. You will lose around 800 ES, but you will still be at 10.2k ES which will be sufficient for minotaur.

Here's the tree link: http://poeurl.com/3fF

Keep in mind that I grabbed another 3 jewel sockets for you as they are a major source of dps with the right jewels.

So, without changing any of your gear at all, with the new tree, changing increased crit damage to Elemental Focus Level 20 with 20 quality, getting 3 more jewels similar to your Eagle Ember Crimson Jewel, you will:

1. Lose approx 800 ES
2. Gain +8% to all res
3. Your hideout damage will increase from 9.7k to 14.1k and your attack speed will rise to 7.78 per second.

You shouldn't have any problems killing minotaur then.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info