This is the end my dear friend

I decided to stop playing POE. The main reason is an increasing amount of content that I don't like. The new Saint's treasure divination card was the thing pushing me over the edge. On the other side the game was becoming increasingly repetative and unrewarding to play.
The standard league has become a wasteland of offline friends, nerfed 1c uniques, a death market and a sad grindspeed meta. Investing in a good build and gear has become very risky with GGG's unpredictable nerfing strategy. Time after time my builds turned below average after each major patch. I was literally pushed to the temporary leagues for an alive community and some refreshing content.
But the temporary league faced me with the reality that everytime it was just a variation on the theme of taking a bit more risk for a bit of reward. The breach league is ok, but it's not very different from beyond and perandus. Just like the essence league looking pretty much like the rigwald and the league with the strongboxes.
Also I have to level the masters again. I have to do the 3 difficulties again. I have to explore the atlas again. I have to do the lab again. (The lab is the biggest challenge and the only one I am not doing half sleepy on auto-repeat so thumbs up for the lab.)
All content has saying me to myself 'meh, not again...'.
If I look carefuly what holds me back for playing any longer is that I don't have goals that I want to reach anymore. I never did Atziri but I don't care. I never did the shaper or even uberlab. I don't care because I don't see builds or gear that makes me want to play until I reach that point of getting there. It feels really pointless if it's probably going to be nerfed in the next patch. When I started to play POE I always tried to sort of crack the complexity to find that one build to rule it all. But after all these years I realised that this is not how POE works. If you discover a good build GGG will nerf it because they use nerfs as the carrot on a stick. As a normal player you will never reach the satisfaction of having a very good build. This is done on purpose by GGG. They need you to keep trying. That's how they retain their playerbase.
In my opinion that's not a fair game. That's like changing the rules while playing the game so the house will always win. I should not be the slave of a game and POE should give players the option and satisfaction to master it all (and then quit).

So I guess this is goodbye from me. Take care and have fun.
And no, you will not get my gear.
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2016, 1:17:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
kudos to you not being a hype sheep and jumping on the OP FOTM built.

I stopped playing a while ago. Whats the point in accumulation gear and skill points and getting better in the smallest increments, when the devs flick a switch and your built loose 50% effectiveness. It feels like a kick in the balls.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
"
Kaw wrote:
The new Saint's treasure divination card was the thing pushing me over the edge.

All the rest of your post was pretty much run-of-the mill "got bored, leaving" stuff, but this is a bit different. Why is this specific divination card making you leave the game? It's not like you'll ever see it drop for you (lol).
I understand the OP's sentiment.

I think many standard players who feel forced to play temp leagues for refreshing content feel similar to the OP. All the little grinds we need to repeat are stacking up and it's not enjoyable if you're not a serial rerolling player type.

Leagues should just be a fresh ladder/economy, with early access to new uniques/mechanics. When the newest league ends all its content should go to standard in full, even if it's only temporary (i.e. for 3 months). Putting little mini versions of temp league stuff into standard through a zana paywall or with vastly reduced occurrence is alienating one group of customers.

Of course this does not solve everything but it helps. The only universal appeasement for games like this is an offline client (separate saves) that players can choose to patch or not (or apply modular content patches). That way, if they don't like a particular balance update or league content addition, they can opt out and keep their characters as-is.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Dec 27, 2016, 8:03:28 AM
"

But i want your gear i dont care if you leave i just want your gear please... :(

"
The breach league is ok, but it's not very different from beyond and perandus. Just like the essence league looking pretty much like the rigwald and the league with the strongboxes.
Also I have to level the masters again. I have to do the 3 difficulties again. I have to explore the atlas again. I have to do the lab again. (The lab is the biggest challenge and the only one I am not doing half sleepy on auto-repeat so thumbs up for the lab.)

I understand a player that have played in that legue that he dont like it or something else but YOU. You dont even have 1 achievement you have not even played 15 mins and you have an opinion?! No no i dont argue and dont say that i defend ggg or something like this but man please... you cant make an opinion of something that you dont even know 'it!

Its ok that you leave i dont want to see players ingame like you, untill never!
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Dec 27, 2016, 9:00:30 AM
I usually play std but with two week Christmas vacation I had time to do ladder again. I love std. When I get home and have a couple hours I can just wreck shit. I'm relatively rich there so can build virtually everything and immune to nerfs. lots of my builds been nerfed (invincible juggernaut which used mojo and had 9 EC discharge both facets nerfed, all CoCs, Cospri discharge, etc) oh well, doesnt bother me so much because I can afford to swap metas on a dime. Feel for those that cant.

The biggest improvement std could have is know when traders/offers are in ladder so you dont waste time trying to message ppl not in your league.

Dont worry about peer pressure or shinny new things of ladder. if they are good they'll come to std eventually.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 27, 2016, 9:46:57 AM
"
4lin wrote:
I understand a player that have played in that legue that he dont like it or something else but YOU. You dont even have 1 achievement you have not even played 15 mins and you have an opinion?! No no i dont argue and dont say that i defend ggg or something like this but man please... you cant make an opinion of something that you dont even know 'it!

Its ok that you leave i dont want to see players ingame like you, untill never!

Itse me, OP on a mule account.
Sorry for giving that impression by cheating a little with the account limitations.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:
The new Saint's treasure divination card was the thing pushing me over the edge.

All the rest of your post was pretty much run-of-the mill "got bored, leaving" stuff, but this is a bit different. Why is this specific divination card making you leave the game? It's not like you'll ever see it drop for you (lol).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1486891

"
4lin wrote:
"

But i want your gear i dont care if you leave i just want your gear please... :(

Want my legacy Mjolner?
Last edited by Kaw on Dec 27, 2016, 10:37:43 AM
"
Maswasnos wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Because he wants to be offended just for being offended sake.

He thinks the card is a depiction of jesus and wants to get his panties in a bunch over fucking art in a video game lmao.

First world problems, when you quit playing a video game because you get triggered over the edge by card art lmfao.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Dec 27, 2016, 11:05:38 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Maswasnos wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Because he wants to be offended just for being offended sake.

He thinks the card is a depiction of jesus and wants to get his panties in a bunch over fucking art in a video game lmao.

First world problems, when you quit playing a video game because you get triggered over the edge by card art lmfao.

No fucking way, like legit its because of the ART on the card that hes complaining and going to quit the game. Like come the fuck on people....
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info