[2.5][HC]OldManSyndrome's Aegis/Ed MoM Hierophant

"
Skin of the Loyal is a solid choice. The Aegis prices have plummeted, so it's definitely a good time to give it a try.

Edit: I just math'd a Skin of the Loyal. It's definitely the chest to use. I would have about 5% less dps than using it over Lioneyes, around 200 less armor, 200 less life, but about 750 more energy shield.

Skin of the loyal is also crazy expensive, at least right now. Especially trying to get the right colored sockets.

Offline prices are like 17-50C, online prices are 80+ chaos. Not really sure what's going on with the market but everything seems crazy expensive now.
Less expensive than the 6 link 5 offcolor Lioneye's Vision I was previously using.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
"
Less expensive than the 6 link 5 offcolor Lioneye's Vision I was previously using.

Ahh. I guess I need to figure out when the best time to buy on poe.trade is.

Have you considered a perfect form? Formless inferno could also work out well too.

Perfect form has decent evasion stats 791-913 base. This seems okay but not great considering hybrid armor would give a lot more base evasion.

Life is great.
+10% dexterity is pretty much pointless especially given we are iron reflexes.

Evasion rating increases by uncapped cold. This seems like it could be useful. However with the amount of uniques this build is running it could be less helpful. I noticed you swapped to 2x essence worms on your latest build so this would be even less viable. Perhaps it could be a 2x rare ring build. Let's say we were at 175% cold resistance, would +100% evasion rating be worth it?

100% reduced AA - This is pretty awesome however we are having pretty high armor so less useful. The chill effect would be the biggest benefit. Could interfere by slowing attacks and slowing aegis proc.

Phase Acrobatics. Pretty epic. 30% spell dodge. However spell dodge rolls before shield block. Do you WANT spells to proc aegis? Or would it be a net gain to get 30% spell dodge, then 50% spell block?

As for formless inferno, its a similar analysis except gives armor rating vs fire resistance. Helm gives about 700+ armor which is useful.

Thanks!
Based on my quick excel calculations, a 6L lioneyes vision only offers 1% more ED damage, compared to a skin of the loyal, assuming slower projectiles is dropped in the skin links.

skin lioneyes
======================
initial 997.7 898.7
empower 1507.3 1227.6
CD x1.45 x1.44
pierce x1.19 x1.17
void x1.4 x1.39
rdecay x1.4 x1.39
sproje x1 x1.29
=====================
final 5097 5154
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Perfect form is a viable chest option as well, but I'd prefer something that boosts both our offense and defense capabilities.

I'm using 2 essence worm rings because I'm already capped on resistances without the use of a 2nd ring slot, which lets me run determination. Basically 6.5k armor in a ring slot. That's a pretty good return to me, but not at all mandatory for the build.

In chaos heavy areas, I swap my gloves and the 2nd essence worm out to boost my chaos resist by around 75%.
Last edited by OldManSyndrome on Jan 17, 2017, 4:22:28 AM
"
Perfect form is a viable chest option as well, but I'd prefer something that boosts both our offense and defense capabilities.

I'm using 2 essence worm rings because I'm already capped on resistances without the use of a 2nd ring slot, which lets me run determination. Basically 6.5k armor in a ring slot. That's a pretty good return to me, but not at all mandatory for the build.

In chaos heavy areas, I swap my gloves and the 2nd essence worm out to boost my chaos resist by around 75%.

Damn, that's a sexy ring.

Ahh, i missed skin of the loyal having +1 to gems. That's awesome, I'll have to keep an eye out for a linked version of my colors.

thanks!
Obtained and have changed the tree for Red Nightmare. Jewel is best in slot, as it's allowed me to cap block while using a decay sai.

Has massively boosts single target dps, and, in addition, boosted tankyness via endurance charge generation.

Not adding this to guide as it's unlikely to be around in future leagues.
Last edited by OldManSyndrome on Jan 27, 2017, 10:02:39 PM
I've read through the post history since this build's inception, and I really like the evolution of where you went with it. Giving options to Lioneye's Vision such as SotL is good, and the dicussion about decay Sai also good.

Easy addition to the builds listing.

Question for you however: I also have made use of lioneye's vision before, and I know well the joy of having pierce projectiles available to deal with tricky or otherwise dense packs.

A: Do you feel the loss of pierce feels good?
B: Do you feel pierce is problematic for bosses?

You choose determination in your second essence worm, but would you give any other auras consideration? A purity for example, since the +2 and a corrupted level 21 purity would give a total of +5 resist. Just for spot-content, i.e. Purity of Lightning when facing Shrine Piety?

And finally, how important is your enchantment requirement of damage/duration? I know you stated you didn't emphasize it due to your dislike of lab, however someone could purchase a pre-enchanted hat and craft from there if you gave it emphasis. How has your testing been with one (if you have done so yet) ?

*edit* Thank god a good hierophant guide for the list!

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Jan 31, 2017, 5:25:14 PM
The reason I use poison over pierce for bosses is that it's much stronger single target dps. I leave pierce in for bosses where I need to be highly mobile, like esh, or ones where there are numerous adds. It's just a preference, nothing more.

You totally have the versatility of running different auras in your 2nd essence worm ring. Purities for heavy elemental bosses are entirely viable. My preference is simply to get the most out of aegis, and I do that through boosting armor and therefore replenish value. My replenish value currently sits at just a tad below 500 on the current variant of the build. I have considered using purity of lightning for Esh, but just haven't been bothered to.

Helm Enchantment is equal to about 2 skillpoints on the tree, which is decent for a single mod on an item, but it definitely does not make or break the build. Having stun resist or life/mana regen on boots would be a higher priority enchant to me.
Do you have capped attack block chance without corrupted lazhwars?

Edit: Also, have you considered other ascendancies besides Occultist? Berserker, gladiator, champion, trickster, etc?
Last edited by Fire309 on Feb 4, 2017, 4:26:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info