[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
m0onknight wrote:
So the difference between the budget gear and the standard gear is like 30/40% ele damage to weapons, about 50 int, vinktars, one link and es, right? (Excluding jewels) so why is the dps so much lower? Sorry for the noob question, I just can't see that much difference in the gear but I can see a massive difference in gameplay

You can't really exclude jewels if you're talking about dps. A 3-prop jewel would give more than a 2.5k dps increase if you bought a good one. Factoring in that you can get 2-3 jewel sockets aside from the ones where your conversion jewels go, that is quite a lot of dps.

Aside from that, you also need levels + quality on all your main gem links. Having a 6th link also goes a long way, seeing as how taking off Added Lightning Damage makes me lose 8k dps.

Weapon elemental damage also plays a huge part in this due to the fact that we have so much flat lightning damage. If we don't have a sufficient amount of WED scaling, all that flat damage would go to waste. You can still get away with a low amount of WED on your gear at lower map tiers, but it will be a struggle at higher tier maps if you don't upgrade your gear for more WED. You need to have a balance between %WED and flat damage for maximum DPS.
"
Rmpz wrote:
I am currently buying items for this build and I wanted to get your feedback on Skyforth vs Unwavering Stance. I have a pair I use on an char, could skyforth be worth it to save the passive points or is the int/res on boots the best way?

This build is non-crit. Skyforths would have close to no use, seeing as how you would be missing out on resists, int, and more ES compared to a rare pair of boots.

There is an alternative to Unwavering Stance though, if you look at the second post in this guide. I talk about it there.
Howdy!
I am trying a lowlife version of the ST build you have, and I might swap to CI I am not sure yet.

Gear

Tree at 87
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAFvAdEDHgQHBfkHHg5ID6sRLxFQEZYVIBXwFyYXLxmKGbQZ1xqPGyUdFB1PHwIfQSPTJIsknSo4KwotHy2DMFs1uTY9NsU8vkHQQzFJUUuuTLNM_1T-VYVV1lZIWhpca1yKXfJfKl9qX3BiWmTnbRltbG8ndct6hH_GgKSDbYRIi3qNfo9Gj2CP-pMnk5WVIJUulwaaaqEiokCio6XLpwinK60zr-u1SL3mvoq-p8HzwzPDOsNtxKLNmNAf0K3Q0NN-1ljYJNjV2Vvfit-Y4vfpAupi62Pr5O967-vw1fT49qP22vlj-tL7CQ==?accountName=Dorithe&characterName=Doristack

I am using the chayula neck since it gains pretty nice ES with life. But I invest so heavily into ES and I just made 8k at 87. DPS with gmp is 43k buffed and it works for t8 maps easily. But I don't know if running grace/purity/clarity is worth the lowlife portion.

Can you give me some advice before I spend a ton trying to get a 700+ 6L Regaila? Thank you!
Last edited by Dorithe on Dec 29, 2016, 9:07:59 AM
its really hard to sustain mana cost of 6L st even 5L setup, is my dps too low?
Thanks for the build!

Gonna follow this and for the first time invest properly into a build, currently have around 20-25 ex to spend. Im really wondering about the stun immunity choices though.

afaik theres 3 options right? Unwavering stance, heart of the oak's 3 nodes?+boot enchant or chayula neck. What would you recommend for red maps and i also wanna get into bosses uber atziri - guardians and eventually shaper.

Also concerned about mana, Wrath- Discipline and lvevel 3 or 4 enlighten is there enough mana left over to be comfortable without mana reservation nodes?
Hi, im wondering what enchant on helm is best ? Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration , Spectral Throw Projectile speed or Spectral Throw damage? Or any other enchant?
"
Maumas wrote:
Hi, im wondering what enchant on helm is best ? Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration , Spectral Throw Projectile speed or Spectral Throw damage? Or any other enchant?

The last time I checked the deceleration was still buggy, soo.. err... Increased damage is pretty useless, as damage is not the problem. Deceleration? Was bugged, not sure if it's still the case, but projectile speed. It's the biggest QoL anyway. Go for it. I can't play without it, using Slower Projectiles for bosses without that enchantmant... I can't even imagine it.
just noticed you didn't use faster attack in your main 6L setup, but you used added lightning damage.

may i know why?
Hi,
as a casual player I just wanted to leave some positive feedback on that build.

i struggled during leveling from time to time. At 68 I got this little piece for 10c
and 5L it fairly quick.
So I decided to do the transition to CI on 68 which leaves me with roughly 5k ES, but damage is very high for low and mid tier maps right now (25k buffes + charges).

Next item to replace is my amulet
therefor i'll have to farm for a while.

Right now it's super fun and safe to play. Nice one.
Hi, I started this build..well a variation of it. Still non-crit. Though I was just following a guys profile who had made a youtube video. Mathil had also just started doing his HoWA ST build and was at lvl 83 with 30k hideout tool tip. Now he is crit, so that may have a little to do with it. But he had around 300 less int and WED than me, and my tool tip was a third of his, sitting at 10k. I saw this thread and you have 49k with a 6l and mention that your 6th only adds 8k, so that's still 41k. I did swap out my FA gem for Ele Focus earlier which set me to 16k, so that combined with a very minor tree respec (Depth Perception for Acuity) got me there.

Not too sure what I should do extra, I thought I had done well with my gear with searching for high int rolls and still capping res, I've done up to t10 maps fairly easily, but I've seen others just one-shot through their maps.

Here's my gear, is there anything screaming out badly? I am lacking jewel sockets outside of the two Fertiles and one Brute, but even so that wouldn't fill the gap from 16k > 41k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info