[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
Any thoughts on using Curse on Hit Support w/ Elemental Weakness as one of the links? It seems we have plenty of room to throw that in there. Maybe also use Vortex on our CWDT?

Do you also think taking Enlighten is worth it or do you really not notice a difference?

Curse on hit setups are completely optional. I find that with the damage I am outputting, it is unnecessary because stuff dies quickly regardless of what curse I use. If you feel that your damage is lacking for bosses (which it shouldn't), using a CoH setup could help with that.

Regarding the CWDT setup, all you need in there is Immortal Call and maybe Increased Duration. The fourth link would be up to you. Vortex is perfectly fine.
Last edited by ItsVoid on Dec 28, 2016, 7:51:52 AM
Why using ST besides blade flurry?
"
Doyzord wrote:
how would you adapt this tree for other skills that dont use projectiles?
like cyclone or reave

Remove projectile node, starts with pure dex instead of projectiles, and pick area node in witch area.
Just check threads which use HoWA with BF.
whats the mapping 5l setup? st - wed - gmp - lightning pen - ele focus? btw do we ever really get to use elemental overload? whats our crit chance like 10 at best?
Last edited by idrgz on Dec 28, 2016, 2:15:52 PM
Hi,

I've been playing so far with the Mustard Dreamfeather/BF build, and it's pretty funny but I'm having a really bad time in hardest content, so I'm thinking about changing to HoWA ST. Do you think that it's better to change my char to this build or to just create another?

thank you so much!
Been playing this build with a slightly different tree. Just hit 93 and killed Chayula,Uber Atziri, and Chimera. I haven't found a single encounter yet that this build doesn't faceroll. Plus it is budget friendly with alot of room for upgrades. I would highly recommend this build to those interested.

"
idrgz wrote:
whats the mapping 5l setup? st - wed - gmp - lightning pen - ele focus? btw do we ever really get to use elemental overload? whats our crit chance like 10 at best?

You only need to crit once every 8 seconds, with 8.4% crit I have ele overload up permanently. Mapping setup is as you said, with added lightning or faster attacks as 6l.

"
kilixpree wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing so far with the Mustard Dreamfeather/BF build, and it's pretty funny but I'm having a really bad time in hardest content, so I'm thinking about changing to HoWA ST. Do you think that it's better to change my char to this build or to just create another?

thank you so much!

If you can afford a respec and really don't want to re-level then do it. However, I looked at mustard's tree and it is something like 50 points different from the HoWA tree. Honestly, this build is super easy to level with, you just get the un-upgraded claws at 22 and faceroll the rest of the game.
"
Bombomon wrote:
Been playing this build with a slightly different tree. Just hit 93 and killed Chayula,Uber Atziri, and Chimera. I haven't found a single encounter yet that this build doesn't faceroll. Plus it is budget friendly with alot of room for upgrades. I would highly recommend this build to those interested.

"
idrgz wrote:

You only need to crit once every 8 seconds, with 8.4% crit I have ele overload up permanently. Mapping setup is as you said, with added lightning or faster attacks as 6l.

"
kilixpree wrote:
Hi,

thank you so much!

If you can afford a respec and really don't want to re-level then do it. However, I looked at mustard's tree and it is something like 50 points different from the HoWA tree. Honestly, this build is super easy to level with, you just get the un-upgraded claws at 22 and faceroll the rest of the game.
\
How come you opted to take more ES nodes?
The gear that was used to kill Guardians and Shaper in OP's video.

Most expensive piece is the necklace. Everything else was under 40c (Vaal Regalia was only 40c piece).
Last edited by itsNaeno on Dec 28, 2016, 11:08:03 PM
So the difference between the budget gear and the standard gear is like 30/40% ele damage to weapons, about 50 int, vinktars, one link and es, right? (Excluding jewels) so why is the dps so much lower? Sorry for the noob question, I just can't see that much difference in the gear but I can see a massive difference in gameplay
Last edited by m0onknight on Dec 29, 2016, 6:46:38 AM
I am currently buying items for this build and I wanted to get your feedback on Skyforth vs Unwavering Stance. I have a pair I use on an char, could skyforth be worth it to save the passive points or is the int/res on boots the best way?
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info