[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

What advantage does this build have over wither CwC firestorm? It's essentially a melee version of it? Firestorm is also made up of multiple hits which builds up poison stacks while vortex casts 3 times a second which is 3 stacks a second correct? Also have to give up a ring slot to convert cold to fire to chaos.

Not trying to bring the build down or anything, just curious and looking for some build comparisons while deciding what to play for 2.6. I understand not everyone wants to play the most min maxed meta build but maybe I'm missing something I'm not realizing.
Hey. Thanks for nice build. Could you make LL tree to show us what changes there with shav's and skyforts.
"
Astrohawke wrote:
What advantage does this build have over wither CwC firestorm? It's essentially a melee version of it? Firestorm is also made up of multiple hits which builds up poison stacks while vortex casts 3 times a second which is 3 stacks a second correct? Also have to give up a ring slot to convert cold to fire to chaos.

Not trying to bring the build down or anything, just curious and looking for some build comparisons while deciding what to play for 2.6. I understand not everyone wants to play the most min maxed meta build but maybe I'm missing something I'm not realizing.

There are some solid reasons to play this over firestorm.

1. The survivability is IMMENSE. Blight slow + curses + leech (with vaal pact!) and endurance charges from WM + vortex chilling effect + fortify are an absurd mix of defensive tools.

2. The damage scales A LOT, because the unique modifier of Vortex (and Essence drain) makes spell damage double dip with poison + ignite. And you have 2 skills which make damage simultaneously (blight + vortex) with a fantastic ramp-up.

3. Double conversion builds are insane. You have a lot of factors doing damage with this character:

- Blight
- Vortex initial hit (chaos)
- Poison from Vortex chaos hit damage
- Vortex initial hit (fire)
- Ignite from Vortex fire hit damage
- Vortex damage over time component (cold)

This makes nodes like snowforged or keystones like elemental overload shine.

Duration nodes scale a LOT and are a noticeable upgrade in boss fights.

@DisturbedDuck: Skyforths are absolutely not required for this build, because it's not a crit build.
can anyone take a look at my occulist and let me know what I can upgrade next, and what should be priority?

I tried doing Minotaur and couldn't do it. I had like zero damage on him and he slapped the crap out of me.
Last edited by decyphier on Feb 22, 2017, 7:55:39 PM
With the upcoming nerf to Pyre, this build is going to lose a lot of potential, sadly.
PYRE NERF

Blight - CwC - Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc AoE/Conc Effect - Void Manipulation

how about

Blight - CwC - Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc AoE/Conc Effect - cold to fire

?

or is it stupid?
Last edited by ruzga on Feb 23, 2017, 12:37:37 AM
"
ruzga wrote:
PYRE NERF

Blight - CwC - Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc AoE/Conc Effect - Void Manipulation

how about

Blight - CwC - Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc AoE/Conc Effect - cold to fire

?

or is it stupid?

No, it's right. But the loss of void manipulation is a huge factor for both blight and the chaos component of vortex: you are removing a fully double dipping gem for another which does not double dip with poison.

The damage loss is high.
It's unlikely that Pyre will go below 50% conversion. You will just have to wear 2 instead of 1. I believe we will still get one last league of fun before ignite and poison get erased from being relevant in 3.0.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Astrohawke wrote:

There are some solid reasons to play this over firestorm.

1. The survivability is IMMENSE. Blight slow + curses + leech (with vaal pact!) and endurance charges from WM + vortex chilling effect + fortify are an absurd mix of defensive tools.

2. The damage scales A LOT, because the unique modifier of Vortex (and Essence drain) makes spell damage double dip with poison + ignite. And you have 2 skills which make damage simultaneously (blight + vortex) with a fantastic ramp-up.

3. Double conversion builds are insane. You have a lot of factors doing damage with this character:

- Blight
- Vortex initial hit (chaos)
- Poison from Vortex chaos hit damage
- Vortex initial hit (fire)
- Ignite from Vortex fire hit damage
- Vortex damage over time component (cold)

This makes nodes like snowforged or keystones like elemental overload shine.

Duration nodes scale a LOT and are a noticeable upgrade in boss fights.

@DisturbedDuck: Skyforths are absolutely not required for this build, because it's not a crit build.

I've put both builds into path of building to compare and firestorm dps far outstrips it. Most of the stuff you mention like ignite, cold DoT, blight only adds a fraction of damage compared to the main source which is poison (as with all double dipping builds). Firestorm has a lower initial hit and lower poison tick but it's able to put on way more poison stacks per second.

But I guess the extra slows from blight and vortex are better for survivability to make up for the damage loss.

Oh well, with the pyre nerf I guess it makes my decision to try firestorm over this next league a bit easier anyway.
How about using a Heretic's Veil Helmet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info