[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

"
Invalesco wrote:
For those seeking alternative methods to generate power charges - if you're already using a pair of shapers touch gloves, you might wanna get a corrupted pair with 'grants assassins mark' (those aren't looking expensive at the moment) and link whirling blades, faster attacks, fortify and curse on hit in it. You'll effectively get a 5L curse set up which shouldnt hinder your gameplay style by much and should make generating power charges versus mobs/bosses with adds much more fluid

This would generate power charges for sure while mapping if you adopt a very aggressive whirl-into-mobs play style - but against Shaper/Uber Atziri - where highest possible DPS is helpful - wouldn't you end up dropping power charges due to lack of sustained adds? Moreover, whirling into mobs seems a bit dangerous.

I think that the CwDT - Blade Vortex - Increased Critical Strikes - Power Charge on Crit setup you outline in your original post is perfect. Why? Because this automatically generates power charges when you face tank bosses - which you'll end up doing for Shaper and Uber Atziri/Itzaro.

For clearing maps while generating power charges - I really don't see a great option.

The Blue Dream/Nightmare - expensive - eats a jewel slot - but if you don't care about these drawbacks, is nice.

On a budget - Intuitive Leap and then take Overcharged works for map clearing.

But for me - DPS is fine w/o generating power charges for map clearing - maybe for mapping towards Chayula power charges are nice - in which case I'd go Blue Dream - second choice Overcharged.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 18, 2017, 1:31:28 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
For those seeking alternative methods to generate power charges - if you're already using a pair of shapers touch gloves, you might wanna get a corrupted pair with 'grants assassins mark' (those aren't looking expensive at the moment) and link whirling blades, faster attacks, fortify and curse on hit in it. You'll effectively get a 5L curse set up which shouldnt hinder your gameplay style by much and should make generating power charges versus mobs/bosses with adds much more fluid

This would generate power charges for sure while mapping if you adopt a very aggressive whirl-into-mobs play style - but against Shaper/Uber Atziri - where highest possible DPS is helpful - wouldn't you end up dropping power charges due to lack of sustained adds? Moreover, whirling into mobs seems a bit dangerous.

I think that the CwDT - Blade Vortex - Increased Critical Strikes - Power Charge on Crit setup you outline in your original post is perfect. Why? Because this automatically generates power charges when you face tank bosses - which you'll end up doing for Shaper and Uber Atziri/Itzaro.

For clearing maps while generating power charges - I really don't see a great option.

The Blue Dream/Nightmare - expensive - eats a jewel slot - but if you don't care about these drawbacks, is nice.

On a budget - Intuitive Leap and then take Overcharged works for map clearing.

But for me - DPS is fine w/o generating power charges for map clearing - maybe for mapping towards Chayula power charges are nice - in which case I'd go Blue Dream - second choice Overcharged.

During Chayula breach domains I actually find it's crazy enough the BV-CwDT setup produces plenty of charges.
Hello. And thanks for your previous answers about my questions. I have however another question. I am playing with Spectral Throw, but I tend to stay distance instead of dashing in the middle (feel safer to me). So when I read this :

"
You generate frenzy charges from Way of the Poacher, and power charges by killing creeps cursed by Blasphemy/HoT + Assassin's Mark or alternatively, via CWDT - BV - PCOC and orb of storms - PCOC

Is it better to drop "CWDT - BV - PCOC and orb of storms - PCOC" for something else? (this is what I have) What would be the best alternative?

Thanks
for crit why arent people using skyforth for power charge gain?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Fyndel wrote:
for crit why arent people using skyforth for power charge gain?

Some people do, but Skyforth is very expensive relative to the benefit for this build. I'm not sure it's even ultimately optimal - using Shaper's Touch for the accuracy is an enormous amount of DPS if you can afford the ES loss, but it's nearly impossible to cap resists if you use both Shaper's Touch and Skyforth.
Last edited by saakurou on Apr 19, 2017, 1:56:38 PM

Not a bad amulet, slammed the light res and #energy shield.
Hey, folks!

Trying this build and need some help! Unfortunately have no time to read 80+ pages.

Char name: Bunch_Of_Rotting_Dicks

Would appreciate some thoughts about gear and skill tree optimisation (what would be best choice for next 18-20 skill nodes till lvl 90-92).

Thx in advance!
IGN: Bunch_Of_Rotting_Dicks
x
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 20, 2017, 6:10:39 PM
Can someone look at my equipment and tree? Other than my chest piece lacking a little ES and an int roll I feel like my gear is very similar to other people that have been posting much larger hideout values than I'm getting. Is there something I'm missing? Is there other gear that still needs upgrading?

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info