[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

As ST i'm getting chunked pretty hard by single reflect rares, solo in low maps already. I'm only at 26k dps in h/o with crit dmg as my 6th link.

Anything you could say to make me less worried about grabbing more dps? :)
"
xReaperrx wrote:
Hey Invalesco what other vaal skills or links would you suggest now that vaal discipline and vaal haste are poop.

Hmmm, I don't really have any strong preferences, but seeing as you're in LHC, you might wanna use those sockets for survivability-related stuff like enduring cry or even a separate cwdt enfeeble setup.

"
fallindry wrote:
what weapon do u prefer to use before 68 (HoTA is too weird for me because ive got dmg drop around 52)?

I actually just stuck to HoTA all the way. I suspect you are having damage drop because your chance to hit is poor. (As you level up, the DPS reflects the damage that you deal to monsters your level, hence if you do not get accuracy gear, your DPS drops as the monsters at the next level now have higher evasion). I would just get accuracy gear if I were you.

"
Trade123 wrote:
As ST i'm getting chunked pretty hard by single reflect rares, solo in low maps already. I'm only at 26k dps in h/o with crit dmg as my 6th link.

Anything you could say to make me less worried about grabbing more dps? :)

I suspect that you get chunked pretty hard partly because of crit dmg being your 6th link. Your non-crits deal much less damage than your crits with crit dmg as your 6th link, therefore when you do crit, you get a huge amount of damage reflect back and you don't leech back enough on your subsequent hits if they are non-crits. I would try to even out the damage ouput slightly by using elemental focus as the 6th link, and just get more ES in general :p if you want you can drop wrath for HoT and Purity of Lightning to mitigate some of the reflect damage.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
As a leveling tip, I found the Carnage Heart amulet to be extremely good and quite cheap.
"
Invalesco wrote:
I suspect that you get chunked pretty hard partly because of crit dmg being your 6th link. Your non-crits deal much less damage than your crits with crit dmg as your 6th link, therefore when you do crit, you get a huge amount of damage reflect back and you don't leech back enough on your subsequent hits if they are non-crits. I would try to even out the damage ouput slightly by using elemental focus as the 6th link, and just get more ES in general :p if you want you can drop wrath for HoT and Purity of Lightning to mitigate some of the reflect damage.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate you taking the time!

I was only at 7.5k ES. Took your advice with the ele focus and also took the .4% ll node for now. I'm at 8k ES now and it feels way better.

Will prob get back to crit dmg once i get a bit larger buffer. I always loved the playstyle of ST and I'm having a great time with this build.

All my currency went in to 6-linking and chaos spamming my chest so there's a lot of improvement to be made on the rest of the gear but that's the fun part!

Anyway ty again for an awesome guide. Having a lot of fun with it!
Quick question: What do you think is the priority in terms of quality gems?
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
Codrat wrote:
As a leveling tip, I found the Carnage Heart amulet to be extremely good and quite cheap.

ya the removal of the %reduced life mods makes that ammy much more useful especially with the attributes and the +resist. great suggestion!

"
Trade123 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate you taking the time!

I was only at 7.5k ES. Took your advice with the ele focus and also took the .4% ll node for now. I'm at 8k ES now and it feels way better.

Will prob get back to crit dmg once i get a bit larger buffer. I always loved the playstyle of ST and I'm having a great time with this build.

All my currency went in to 6-linking and chaos spamming my chest so there's a lot of improvement to be made on the rest of the gear but that's the fun part!

Anyway ty again for an awesome guide. Having a lot of fun with it!

you're welcome! gl with the gear upgrades!

"
Yuufe wrote:
Quick question: What do you think is the priority in terms of quality gems?

Heya,

I would probably rank them in order of:

1. ST/GMP (both provide %AS)
2. WED/Lightning Pen/Ele Focus (each provide %dmg)
3. Incr. Crit Strikes
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Will give this thing another shot in 2.6. Rip mine pretty early in dried lake last league . I remember lvling was a pain in the ass.

With the BF mini nerf, is bf better for shaper or ST would do the job?

As for the lvling part,how would someone go about it? bow/LA ? Or st/tabula or ?
What helm enchant would you suggest?

How is BF doing after the nerfs?
I have played HoWA ST in Breach so i wanted to try BF now but if its worse then ST now im gonna stick to ST
I know astramentis is over-inflated right now but do you think it is the best neck I can get? atm using
but I have currency to burn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info