Deleted

Here is my deathless shaper kill with your build... thx again <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwOt8a-NnRY
♥ we all go tissues ♥
please help me for link TT
i just try it for 3r2g1b (this use 10 chromatic)
///
please how to use 3 buff i can buff 2
Last edited by tanabank03 on Sep 14, 2017, 5:31:11 PM
"
Here is my deathless shaper kill with your build... thx again <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwOt8a-NnRY

A really good job there!
I have this build too, just farming for the bloody necklace and my absence plus the inflation of chaos versus exa price didn't really help it :-/

Gotta push it a bit and I'll make it there as well.

BTW how good do you think is Kintsugi versus ordinary rare armor with loads of eva (1500+), 105+ HP and 100+ total resist? Because I am probably blind but I don't really see much profit in this armor since I am not having troubles with reflect (thanks to pantheon + vaal pact) and with fortify I don't get instakilled anyway, so that 20% reduction for one hit doesn't feel like a saviour.
Just wanted to make a post and let you know this is a solid build, I've played a lot of builds this league and this is by far the most fun. Found a Mirror this league so I wanted to go all in on this build. Spent around 80 Exalted so far and it's for sure worth it. Most of the things are simply min max, int here, colors there type expenses due to corruptions.

It's funny because the gloves are shit, and I'd like to get a new pair but due to the ele weakness on hit they where 17 exalted alone. Still have a live search going for a decent pair with ele weakness.

My next goal is a HeadHunters because why the heck not!

Current Molten Burst DPS (Without Frenzy): 11804
Current Cyclone DPS (Without Frenzy): 31232
Current Molten Burst DPS (With Frenzy): 16920
Current Cyclone DPS (With Frenzy): 57491

Here are my jewels

Current gear is -

Last edited by eXidus on Sep 17, 2017, 9:10:46 AM
"
"
What do you feel about my jewels? Which should I upgrade and what should I look for instead? Getting 26%ish damage would be good I think?

I used to have enfeeble in my boots with the CWDT setup, but the corrupted ones were 3R 1G... So with the extra green socket I decided to take Vaal Haste with me aswell. I don't think the Enfeeble will be missed that much.

Edit: didn't get much time today to test the 6link, but I think I'm gonna run into some mana problems. I think I might take an extra mana leech node below duelist. Seems like the best option.

Well I did post a jewel search on the front page for SC and HC to help you find the mods you need.

The first jewel you posted looks great i would exalt that.

We dont really want crit chance/attack speed as much as we want the other mods which are just pure dmg.

Keeping Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace will result in both just kind of being really slow to get up and running in maps. I would only run Vaal Grace i feel like the build is fast enough.

Our 6th link is supposed to be blind not wed.
Blind adds no extra mana cost but what it does give is reduced chance to be hit

Now if you feel like you really want that damage or you think blind isnt good enough there is a bunch of options to test and fool around with.

Mana Leech
Life Leech
Weapon Elemental Damage
Elemental Focus
More Melee Damage
etc

Thanks for the guide. I am trying to start a build like this. I think attack speed is quite critical for this build. Since the meatball are dropped at 20% rate of each attack. Stacking attack speed not only increase the cyclone dps but also increase the meatball frequency.
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 29, 2017, 5:43:40 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
oh right i forgot about this version of the ngamahu's build.
ya ngamahu is great, and attack speed is very critical. what i don't understand is why everyone keeps using cyclone as the main skill. clearing skill, sure, its amazing, but the single target sucks in comparison to molten strike.

especially in harbinger league, use the tempest binding helmet with cyclone (pseudo 6L) and use molten strike in your chest. your DPS will go so far up you'd be shocked.
my current shaper DPS is floating just above 5m DPS with molten strike/molten strike balls/molten burst balls, assuming all balls hit, which they won't, but its still a comparison.

that earlier video of shaper took 1 minute to clear first phase, while i can kill first phase in about 6-8 seconds. and its much cheaper. i don't even have opals, let alone BiS 80-90% ele dmg 50ex opals.

molten strike man. wrecks the single targets. also projectile weakness is the best curse

heres my gear typical clearing gear - except bisco's instead of xophs. for guards/shaper i swap out quicksilver for wise oak, and bisco for xoph's. for mapping i have vaal cyclone setup in boots instead of whats there. (great double beyond/beachhead farmer)
i use grace over anger for uber lab because of the added run speed from QoTF, and for chimera for the added evasion.
Spoiler

heres my passive tree. just slightly different. more emphasis on attack speed. i have over 9 atks per sec with totem up on molten strike, just about 9 on cyclone.
level 95

defenses are insane too. with onslaught on (hence the silver flask) i have 88% melee evasion and 80% projectile evasion, thanks to going avatar of the chase instead of avatar of the veil. also again, way more attack speed.

Okay so lets break down everything to help you out

1- https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu%27s_Flame
20% chance to Trigger Level 16 Molten Burst on Melee Hit

Molten Strike only has 1 initial melee hit, the projectiles it spawns cannot generate any of the molten burst projectiles..

Molten Strike has a cooldown of .15 but only a 20% chance to activate

When you attack a mob or group of mob you will be hitting a single target (unless you link melee splash)

Your activation rate while mapping will be tiny compared to cycloning through a pack and having multiple activation chances. (because you are hitting multiple mobs at the same time)

2- Why Use Cyclone?

There are so many reasons...

You cannot be stunned or knocked back while using cyclone

You are not stationary so you can avoid ground effect skills, wind up abilities, etc

Its very hard to get hit by detonate dead while moving at top speed through a pack.

Almost impossible for volatile to dmg you while moving through it with cyclone

Cyclone recently got buffed so its even better than before

Cyclone has a bunch of free %MORE attack speed so you can use less attack speed on the tree for more flat % dmg

Cyclone clears faster then molten strike by a mile

3- Avatar of Chase vs Veil

Chase only gives onslaught on kill

When fighting any boss that doesnt have extra mob spawn you will not be able to generate your onslaught, so then you wont have evasion bonus or extra dmg

So during ur shaper fight you wont have onslaught, and you wont have ur dmg buffs etc.
You also dont get any benefits from evasion since he uses spells and you dont have decent spell dodge etc.

However, if you had avatar of the veil you would have a constant 40% ele dmg, move speed buff, extra dodge/spell dodge, and immunity to ailments (shaper can freeze you)

Projectiles/melee attacks are not the real problem.

Spells and having good dodge are way more important.

Veil gives Phasing when at max frenzy which lets you run through mob so you never get stuck.
Extra dodge and spell dodge (which is huge)
40% flat elemental damage (massive)
Extra move speed that is consistent + extra movespeed while phasing (which is almost always on even during boss fights)
Immunity to ailments....

Yea ill take veil any day over extra move/attack speed while clearing maps + some extra evasion/dmg.

But like I said anyone can modify the build and play how they want.

4- If you want to play molten strike just play molten strike.

There are plenty of builds out there that are fully specced into molten strike and can do some ludicrous damage while playing zerker (which makes them face tank shaper etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAjpRh3cnzE

Brutus lead sprinkler gives insane damage as well as oro's sacrifice etc.

At the end of the day you are gonna do whatever you like.

If you want to run cyclone as a 4 link helm, and molten strike in a 6l be my guest.

If you can record yourself doing shaper and clearing first phase in "6-8 seconds" id love to see that.

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TVVlutOXSM - this is what 6 second first phase looks like

Last edited by Bloomania on Oct 14, 2017, 1:59:45 PM
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 29, 2017, 5:43:53 PM
Lol are you joking me?

You are the one asking questions, then you act like you didnt ask them and you cant comprehend why im explaining things to you.

[Removed by Support]

Heres a quote from your response

-

"
what i don't understand is why everyone keeps using cyclone as the main skill. clearing skill, sure, its amazing, but the single target sucks in comparison to molten strike.

Then I explained all the benefits to cyclone to you

You response

-

"
next, i never said i don't map with cyclone.

What does that have to do with anything, you are the one asking why people use it and that you cant understand it.

"
next, i never said i don't map with cyclone. yes, cyclone is better for molten burst procs if there is more than one person.

Again you are the one saying

-

"
what i don't understand is why everyone keeps using cyclone as the main skill. clearing skill, sure, its amazing, but the single target sucks in comparison to molten strike.

[Removed by Support] first you say something, then when I explained, you deny that you were asking about it.

Okay...

-

"
you want phasing to run through mobs, why?

You dont always cyclone, and having phasing enabled gives movement speed.

Thats "why" you want phasing.

-

"
#3 why are you comparing slaughter to veil?

It was a typo, you complain that I don't look at your setup but you clearly didn't read my response because I was explaining chase vs veil.

[Removed by Support]

-

"
i guess you missed that from your rage of possibly being improved or corrected or something, i don't know.

What part of my response was rage?

You asked questions, I answered them. Then I said I would love to see you kill shaper in 6-8 seconds like you so boldly claim.

How in the hell is that raging?

Lol

[Removed by Support]

Furthermore you make claims but say that you wont record it because ...

-
"
i don't record/upload videos but i guess you won't believe me if i don't

Uh no shit?

You cant just say you do something with a build then say you wont record and b.s. ur way out of proving yourself.

-

You asks questions then you deny that you asked them and pretend you have no clue why Im explaining it to you.

You cant comprehend a typo without someone explaining it to you. Even when its obvious.

You make claims then refuse to prove them.

You did not discover molten strike. Everyone in the game knows how strong it is especially with the correct investment.

All you did was take a HARDCORE Cyclone build, then change it so that It ran molten strike on a 6link

People dont want to play molten strike, just like people dont want to use specific abilities because its boring and unfun.

This is a CYCLONE BUILD. If you want to turn it into a single target boss slayer, then thats your own path.

Like I've said MANY MANY TIMES NOW, EVEN IN MY VIDEO....

If you want to make changes or wanna try new things out, go ahead. The build guide is going to stay the same.

You also changed the pathing to have more damage, and are running unique jewels for molten strike.

You dropped defense/life/mitigation/immunity to make your molten strike setup work.

Congrats dude you are the only person who thought of using molten strike for single target! (NOT)

[Removed by Support]

It seems you posted to just try and argue with me and waste my time.

Any further responses from you will be ignored [Removed by Support].

You also lack game knowledge and its impossible to explain things to you.

Last edited by Ben_GGG on Oct 14, 2017, 7:10:24 PM
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 29, 2017, 5:44:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info