"
I'm not even using Basalt :O

This is my setup:
1 Divine
1 Stibnite
1 Silver
1 Ruby
1 Quartz

Was using a Quicksilver instead of Silver first, but I like the Silver flask way more :) I got increased MS on it and it feels great.

Im using divine/stibnite/ruby/quicksilver/basalt atm

trading quicksilver for silver might be good idea gonna try that

are you using vaal haste instead of vaal grace? if ur not quartz seems to be pretty much wasted as a flask since we get max dodge/spell dodge with vaal grace, also i was thinking about this earlier using quartz flask and running vaal haste instead of grace, since we would get 74 dodge with 9 frenzy charges and quartz flask, spell dodge wouldnt be maxed but it doesnt matter that much, but we are very fast anyway so dunno if its worth.

Also im using basalt cause i like to have some form of phys mitigation other than fortify but topaz flask might be better.
If you get hit you are full life instantly because of the life on hit. The mitigation from Basalt would probably only be worth it on very large hits, which will probably still oneshot you... Random hits from other mobs/bosses deal maybe 3K dmg , but then you are full life the next second. So not sure how good Basalt is, but I don't think it's worth it.

I'm using Vaal Grace yes, I pop it for bosses or porcupine packs. I could use it way more often, and I probably should. No room for Vaal Haste atm and I would prefer to keep Vaal Grace.
Love this build. Leveling was a breeze. Especially with a vaal cylcone setup, which I still keep as of now. Let me tell you a couple of things about my experiance followed by some questions/ideas etc.

Reached easily lvl91. - However, I started this build first by following the path of Mathils Cycloner. After dying to many times, I was looking for something more solid. That is when I stumpled over your guide.

Things that helped improve staying alive by changing according your build (mind you, that I play BSC):

- Changing from Belly to Kintsugi
- Changing from axe dmg nodes, and nodes in Marauder area TO getting nodes around Templar area, and also Acrobatics etc
- Changing my Blasphemy/Flamability TO ele weakness on gloves setup

Thkings I did not change:

- I kept my Devoto Devotions Helm, and therefore also my Rare Boots
(I dont like the idea of having to build up first frenzy charges before I gain movement speed etc.).
- I also kept south of the dualist the axe nodes.

Result:

- I feel A LOT tankier, at 5.5k life.
- I can do easily any T15, Atziri and Uber Lab.
- I dont die to porcupines etc.

Things I struggle with;
- Getting overcapped on Res,
- Getting enough int (as I am running 4 unique items)
- Guardians (eg Minotaur one shots me.)

Now, I am very happy what I was able to achieve, but really wonder, how I could improve in order to also run Guardians/Shaper and maybe an Uber Atziri.

- My Character tab is open and can be looked at. Name of the char: Marathon_Man

Things I am still debating about:

- Upgrading my Jewels (drop the less mana cost, and adding attack speed or dmg or life)
- Getting some more nodes of Int on the tree, to be more flexible on finding more dmg rings
- Not sure if % ele dmg on rings or flat phys dmg helps more
- Maybe changing to Cospri Will, and trying to run with a second Curse (not sure How to apply it)
- I got ele weakness lvl10 on my gloves. Does lvl 12 make a big difference ?
- Should I drop axe nodes below dualist, and get some over on the left side of Marauder = getting onslaught on kill with that.
- How can I improve my life pool of 5.4k life ?
- How can I improve my dmg (in H/O = Cylcone 31k, Balls 12k) ?
- Should I drop the templar area nodes and take more Marauder nodes AND the life and frenzy nodes near Assasin for it ?

Now all those questions are not easy to answer. But after speccing back and forth over 100 Regrets and items, I would love to get some feedback from other playing it.

Thanks again for making this guide.

Im really not sure if you even looked at my guide or videos because i explained in detail how the build works, showed a video fighting minotaur, and you can see i have over 6k life.

You didnt follow my tree.... so of course you arent going to have as much life

So ill explain in detail where you messed up

"
I kept my Devoto Devotions Helm

So you are using a unique helmet with absolutely 0 life, it overall lowers your damage, the attack speed on it has diminishing returns so its not that great, the best thing about it would be the move speed and chaos res.

This build does NOT have speed problems. If anything we have speed problems in the sense that we are too fast and hit "pebbles" or get stuck alot which counters our cyclone.

Instead you should be using a Rare helmet which could have INT, Life, and 2 resistances...

"
I also kept south of the dualist the axe nodes.

I didnt remove the duelist bottom wheel... but those are the LAST nodes you grab...

Your tree is missing a good chunk of life, frenzy charge, and a jewel socket because you went for the full dmg first.

"

Things I struggle with;
- Getting overcapped on Res,
- Getting enough int (as I am running 4 unique items)
- Guardians (eg Minotaur one shots me.)

Well for starters you are using a unique helm which has no res/life and your rings are breach rings so you have no implicit resistances.

Int can be acquired on gear such as the helmet

"

Minotaur one shots me

Maybe if you are running dumb mods like.. extra dmg? vuln? etc etc

I have it on recording when fighting him i barely took 3-4k dmg MAX so there is no way he 1 shot you.

If you get hit by a rock + minotaur at the same time thats another story.

"
Maybe changing to Cospri Will

What? Why?
We cannot poison because we do no physical or chaos damage. Avatar of fire, The curse itself is not that important to our build that we MUST curse hexproof enemies.

Kinstugi is not replaceable... it is the 1 thing that keeps us alive ive explained it many many times now.

"
I got ele weakness lvl10 on my gloves. Does lvl 12 make a big difference ?

Not really just a few %

"
How can I improve my dmg

You took like all the damage nodes.. you never look at ur dmg unbuffed... you look at the dmg with frenzy charges up.

You are however missing darkray vectors which can be corrupted to give +2 frenzy charges total like the ones i am wearing. You are also missing shadow frenzy charge area...

Thats alot of dmg you dont have.

"
Should I drop the templar area nodes and take more Marauder nodes AND the life and frenzy nodes near Assasin for it ?

What?

Dude follow the tree i posted its not that complicated..... you are not following my tree and then you are telling me the build feels low on life etc etc...

you arent even following my build/tree you are going after dmg then complaining about life????

I really dont understand...

I hope you take some more time to actually look at the videos i posted and look at the guide, follow the tree, get the gear i recommended and you will be fine.

If you are going to wear almost 50% different items/flasks/etc and change the tree around then realize its not my build and i cant help you there.
Last edited by Bloomania on Dec 29, 2016, 5:34:41 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Will adjust accordingly.
Last edited by sascha411 on Dec 30, 2016, 3:45:20 AM
I didn't go for the bottom line below duelist. I took 1 row higher so I saved 1 point (but also can't access the extra damage nodes directly).

I did T14 maps already and felt some damage lacking, but that will change with 20/20 gems, so I'm not worried at all about damage. I can also get more phys/WED on my jewelry.

Instead I'm taking all the extra little life nodes that are left in uncompleted circles. Some are only 4-5%, but it is what it is. I'll probably end up around 6.6 - 6.8k

edit:
6.5K hp now at level 91, next 3 levels will be 4% life nodes.

edit2:
another option is to go into the scion life wheel like you showed in your video and remove the +1 frenzy near shadow... But don't think I'll do that.
Last edited by Affinity on Dec 30, 2016, 6:50:40 AM
"
"
Zaanus wrote:
Not having ever seen this thread, I was running a Slayer belly/armor/evasion version of it.

Died at 65 in merc sewers lightning breach to well, I have no clue because this games needs a fucking death log. I just dipped to 75% then died (i'm assuming I had to have been shocked).

Thats unfortunate

However were you using fortify on your cyclone?

How much life did you have in merciless act 3?

I cant see your characters so unfortunately i have no clue what your gear or tree looked like.

Hopefully you give the axe another shot as a raider and see what it means to "melt breaches"

I rerolled your build.

My old character had 4100 hp, I was scaling phys with the axe with the balls being secondary and melting breaches big time - actually much faster/better than my rebuild of your line probably due to more points in dps nodes at a similiar point.

One quick question, do you just skip elemental reflect mods? I tried a blue t4 just to see and had a couple of terrifying moments (6k hp now, lvl 80).
"
I rerolled your build.

My old character had 4100 hp, I was scaling phys with the axe with the balls being secondary and melting breaches big time - actually much faster/better than my rebuild of your line probably due to more points in dps nodes at a similiar point.

One quick question, do you just skip elemental reflect mods? I tried a blue t4 just to see and had a couple of terrifying moments (6k hp now, lvl 80).

If you are indeed rolling my build you should have no problems with reflect

your character page is hidden so i cant see your gear/gems/passive tree etc
"
"
I rerolled your build.

If you are indeed rolling my build you should have no problems with reflect

your character page is hidden so i cant see your gear/gems/passive tree etc

I opened it up, not sure how it got hidden to begin with.

My old char is in softcore, he felt terrific with no close calls right up to the point he fell over dead.

But yeah, when doing graveyard i went down down to ~25% twice on a 13% ele reflect mod in packs and I took my xophs blood off for everything but the boss the rest of the map.
"
I opened it up, not sure how it got hidden to begin with.

My old char is in softcore, he felt terrific with no close calls right up to the point he fell over dead.

But yeah, when doing graveyard i went down down to ~25% twice on a 13% ele reflect mod in packs and I took my xophs blood off for everything but the boss the rest of the map.

Just wanted to make a note you didnt grab pointblank yet which is 50% more dmg for 2 nodes

I hope you arent saying you were trying to do an ele reflect map.... because that would be stupid..

The build is made to not kill itself on a reflect monster.. but 1 single monster still does dmg to us with reflect.. so why would you ever try to do a reflect map? just reroll the map or dont do that mod on this build?

Even a juggernaut build with Endurance charges cannot do phys reflect as a mod on a map..

Mine instantly killed itself with fortify + armor + endurance charges etc because my friend put a phys reflect map by accident.

Other then that you should not be struggling and when you ever hit a reflect monster you should barely take any damage.
Last edited by Bloomania on Dec 31, 2016, 1:05:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info