[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

Hey, started playing this build yesterday, i have 2 questions:

- Why enfeeble over temp chains on a poison stacking build?

and

- http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sin%27s_Rebirth Is this good for the build?Seems like it :)
@OwlRaider

1. Blade Flurry can trigger Bleeding for the explosions of Gratouitous violence while a Spell can´t do that.

2. I could never get enough Mana Reg for casting Bladefall or Bladevortex on a 6L in this build. I can leech Mana from Flurry Damage. (or use a Gemini Claw)

3.If i would go FLurry only i would need to use another Weapon because there arent any good support gems for pure Chaos attacks. Best way would be to go Phys with Melee Physical/Mele Phys on Full Life.

4. In my current Setup both Gems will profit from the same support gems and passives. Bladefall/Vortex acts like a Suppport for Flurry, adding another Flat Damage component and AoE Effect to the Attack.

5. I tried FLurry only with a Scourge Claw + Mele Phys + Melee Phys on Full Life. Yes it works but i felt it wasn´t better then my current setup, while my current Setup also feels more intresting overall.

@tkbowned

Feel free to choose Tempchains. I choose Enfeeble because one shots are dangerous for this build and Enfeeble helps to minimise that. Temp Chains would also help but would require more dodgeing while i prefere to facetank in most situations.

Both Curses are good and worth using.

Sins Rebirth could be good for sure. IT has the important burn remove on it and provides good damage. The Attack won´t profit much from it if you don´t use a Physical Weapon but it adds alot of damage to the Spell.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Dec 25, 2016, 5:14:53 AM
Heyo!

I decided that I wanted to make a build around the new The Surrender shield, and ended up with something VERY similar to this build (I even made a few tweaks to my passive tree after the fact, making that part even more similar).

My Current Gear

This will (in a few more levels at least) put me at 78/78 block and 80 resist all, and about 40% chaos res in Merciless.

The Scourge, while pricey, seems to by far be the best weapon choice for the build, unless at least you luck out and craft a Decay weapon with flat Chaos on too, but I doubt I'd be that lucky, so I ran with The Scourge instead. :)

So far it is running just grand!
Last edited by Appleheart on Dec 25, 2016, 9:26:02 AM
@Appleheart

I´d really recomend dropping the Anvil Its just terrible for the FLurry DPS imho and not worth the 3% block.

Tripple Purity looks like a good idea to run with Surrender, Hatred and HoA really don´t work all that well with Chaos Damage scaling.

Would be intresting to hear how you feel about the Heals from Surrender vs. hard hitting Mobs like Uber Itzaro or high map Bosses.

Updates:

I added leveling Trees & Tips to the Skill Tree Section, added some new thoughts to the Gear Section and updated the FAQ Part.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
@Appleheart

I´d really recomend dropping the Anvil Its just terrible for the FLurry DPS imho and not worth the 3% block.

I really thought so too, but so far my testing of it has shown it as being a fairly minor negative hit. I do want a bit of extra aspd on jewels to offset the hit from the Anvil, but it hardly feels like a huge issue, so far at least.

That said though, I am only in Tier 6 maps at the moment, so we'll see how it goes further on.

And as for big hard hits, they still do suck a bit, mostly since I have a lot of HP nodes left to take still, but IC and the Surrender seems to sort it just fine. Merciless Izaro was a breeze at least, and I am eager to try Uber Izaro as soon as I find a Trial of Burning Rage... ;)
What do you think of a Primordial Might jewel in this build? With a golem on a level 1 CwDT?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Primordial_Might
hm ye could work.. but for the price of that jewel i´d just buy one with Chaos+Area Damage and Life.

With Chaos Damage + Area Damage you can get 25% Double Dipping Damage + 2 other Stats on a Jewel so i don´t think the 30% on a Primordial would be all that great.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
What enchantments do we want on our gear?
Have you considered using a binos?
@Tritium

Ye. It can be used but isn´t especialy good. Most faster Weapons will be better. The Poison Spread on Kill won´t do much as the enemies we kill mostly explode anyway because of our Ascendancy.

@FunJonny

Helmet: Bladeflurry Damage, Bladefall Damage (or Blade Vortex Radius/Damage if you mainly use Vortex)

Boots: Stun avoid, Life Reg or Chaos Damage on Crit. (idk about the last one it seems to fir well and adds lots of damage but these "on taking a crit" mods just seems very random)

Gloves: "... of Fury" or "... of War" is what i would use. It helps spreading Bleeds and Decay around. Its not doing all that much so you could also just use Spiked Gloves for the Melee Damage implicit or corrupted one... overall the Glove enchant really isn´t important for this build.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info