[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

Do what ver you like best.

I said the Scourge is a good Weapon for this build and not without reason.

You can get Jewels with 2 or 3x Damage mods on it for non Scourge to, in which case "Scourge jewels" are 4-6% better because Minion damage rolsl higher than Area, Chaos or plain Damage.

As you can see in the Video a plain Scourge is as good as other Weapons so a well crafted Bone Helmet may very well turn it into the best weapon. You should note that you lose out on the normal enchant, but the 40% fully dipping damage is fore sure better than normal Flurry or Fall Enchantment because it works on both.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
I'm going to tinker with this some more. Which requires a bit of re-gearing.

Edit: bad at math

Testing note: I tried two different DPS Scourges. They impact Flurry DPS a bit but not Bladefall at all. So just the cheapest Scourge you can get is probably fine.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 19, 2017, 9:54:10 AM
no 2% of 23k is not 4.6k... i mean really wtf dude i did not need a calculator to check that XD

Its 460 ES...

And ye ofc the DPS of your weapon does not impact Bladefall damage, why would it?
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Thanks. Yes indeed, I am learning a lot from you and your build :)
@ ZweihundertMorder: Regarding poison/curse; We poison, but not until the target is cursed. We don't curse until we block a hit. Do you think it is worth trying different ways to inflict a curse faster in order to trigger Cospri's Will's poisoning?
1. Curse on Hit gloves (any curse)
2. Curse with Blasphemy
3. Curse On Hit gem with movement skill
4. ???

Here are some mechanics musings. Would appreciate some feedback to see if I'm understanding the mechanics of this build properly yet.

The damage is good, regardless of weapon. It just isn't fast or "sudden". The nature of being a CwC build means that our main damage burst (Bladefall) doesn't trigger until ~.35 secs (based on gem level) after we engage. This is inherently slower than meta DPS builds. The build might also feel slow or low-DPS sometimes because it is so tanky that we often run in higher-tier maps and dangerous situations that other builds would avoid until they level up more.

For a long time I thought Blade Flurry had potentially good DPS and tried to improve it. But now am realizing that Blade Flurry is mostly here to trigger the CwC gem and hopefully also apply curse/poison before Bladefall hits. Its DPS more of a nice side effect. We could rework things a lot to make Blade Flurry the main DPS, but as OP says in his FAQ: that would be a different build.

@tainium

You can curse on demand with Witchfire Brew at anytime.

I don´t know what wrong with your Flurry, i can clear maps without Bladefall+CwC in the link and its still working well for Trash and even on Bosses.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Interesting points. I'll try both of those.

Crazy idea: what if we used Wither instead of Flurry as the Channeling skill? We use Wither anyway for single target DPS boost plus it is a Spell (not Attack) so we might get more synergy with Bladefall. That might be a different build...?
"
tainium wrote:
That might be a different build...?

Yes.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
You were right, Iw as missing the % from the ascendancy and I was also following the sai tree withouth realizing.
I'm using a gemini claw. So far I managed to get a bit of clearspeed on packs by using abyssal cry, since it deals chaos damage equal ot 8% of monster hp, gets amplified by the chaos damage from the tree and stacks with gratuitous violence explosions. It's nice for big packs
I'm testing the Minion Damage Support gem for MORE minion damage with The Scourge, but it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to do something special, or it just doesn't work as I think it should?

...because Scourge says "increases and reductions" it considers MORE a different type of function?
Last edited by tainium on Jan 21, 2017, 8:52:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info