[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

Gear          

Hey Salvation, and everyone else, enjoying the build! This is my first season ever and I kind of fell onto this build, and just ran with it. I do believe that I have the personal knowledge to 'groom' end game gear so I was hoping to get some advice. In my base, my tool tip for bladeflurry is 530.4 and blade fall is 1515.5.
Here is a link to my character sheet defense in my base
Spoiler

Disregard the name, I am an immature child...

Anyways yea, I know a few things need to be done
1) 6link Chest
2) Finish filling out tree with life nodes
3) Potentially change some flasks
4) Up life / ES on some gear

But yea, in terms of min / maxing where is a good place to start? I know that I am not going to one hit uber bosses, but I feel my damage is still a bit low. Any help is appreciated and thank you so much in advance!
@Kreepy_Sloth

Happy to hear that you enjoy the build!
Also happy to see that the Guide was written well enough for someone who just got into PoE.

Your Bladeflurry Tooltip sounds really low, from a quick look at your Gear i´d guess that your chance to hit is pretty low as you don´t have any Accuracy on your Gear.

If Accuracy is that low even one good roll will up the tool tip by alot, maybe try getting a Ring with 300+ Accuracy.

To test if its worth it for you you can just buy a really cheap one first or use one that you found just to see how that changes your Stats. If you like the change go and look for a well rolled ring with that Accuracy.

Another big point is that your added Chaos Gem is lvl 17. On these kind of Gems the level is really important.

You could also craft added Chaos Damage on your Rings, this will also help your Bladeflurry damage.

Seeing that your Helmet is a Alphas Howl it should also be easy to replace that with a helmet with a nice Enchantment.

Alphas has some nice advantages, but no Life and little resists, so its easy to replace it.

You could either search for allready crafted ES Helmet with Life + ES or try to craft one yourself.

To do that you should buy a itemlevel 84 Base with the Bladeflurry Damage Enchantment (or another good enchantment that you like)

Then you Quality that up und spam Chaos Orbs (or Alc + Scouring) at it until you get some nice rolls.

If you don´t need crazy high ES its not that hard to craft yourself a nice helmet.

I´d think that all these things would be more important than the 6L and cheaper to do.

With a Cospris the 6. link is mostly used for Bladefall (controlled destruction) or convenience (inc. Aoe)

If you have any further questions feel free to ask i allways like to help :)
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
@Kreepy_Sloth

Happy to hear that you enjoy the build!
Also happy to see that the Guide was written well enough for someone who just got into PoE.

Your Bladeflurry Tooltip sounds really low, from a quick look at your Gear i´d guess that your chance to hit is pretty low as you don´t have any Accuracy on your Gear.

If Accuracy is that low even one good roll will up the tool tip by alot, maybe try getting a Ring with 300+ Accuracy.

To test if its worth it for you you can just buy a really cheap one first or use one that you found just to see how that changes your Stats. If you like the change go and look for a well rolled ring with that Accuracy.

Another big point is that your added Chaos Gem is lvl 17. On these kind of Gems the level is really important.

You could also craft added Chaos Damage on your Rings, this will also help your Bladeflurry damage.

Seeing that your Helmet is a Alphas Howl it should also be easy to replace that with a helmet with a nice Enchantment.

Alphas has some nice advantages, but no Life and little resists, so its easy to replace it.

You could either search for allready crafted ES Helmet with Life + ES or try to craft one yourself.

To do that you should buy a itemlevel 84 Base with the Bladeflurry Damage Enchantment (or another good enchantment that you like)

Then you Quality that up und spam Chaos Orbs (or Alc + Scouring) at it until you get some nice rolls.

If you don´t need crazy high ES its not that hard to craft yourself a nice helmet.

I´d think that all these things would be more important than the 6L and cheaper to do.

With a Cospris the 6. link is mostly used for Bladefall (controlled destruction) or convenience (inc. Aoe)

If you have any further questions feel free to ask i allways like to help :)

Hot damn thanks for the quick reply. I think I will start with this and just start trying to polish it up. I know that I am missing a few X% life nodes, so once I get those I hope that my health will be more what I thought it'd be. But yea thanks for the quick help!
I'm trying to learn more about Chaos damage, Poison, Decay and DOT mechanics. In so doing, I found these builds which are interesting but none of them really explain the mechanics interactions in-depth. I'm just linking them here for discussion purposes. OP's build is still the way to go.

Duelist bleed: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774589/page/1
Duelist bleed+poison: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1662282/page/1
Marauder bleed+poison: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1770152

It seems like most non-BFlurry Poison builds use the Rapid Decay Support gem but it doesn't work with our primary DPS skills so I'm unsure if we can really match their DPS. Although it might be worth testing RapidDecay+BVortex versus ControlledDest+Bladefall. Our other skills with the DURATION tag are Tempest Shield and Wither.

Can't find any documentation for how "inflict decay" really works (is it a hit? How it scales, etc). If Poison, Bleed and Decay are all DOT and accept the same modifiers, then my previously posted build focusing on Chaos damage will remain inferior compared to well-scaled DOT version (ie, OP's) since Bleed isn't Chaos and it Decay likely interacts well with both Chaos and DOT modifiers even if we don't have written evidence of that.

Side note: The gloves section of your guide doesn't mention Curse on Hit gloves. Would Curse on Hit make our Cospri's poison faster and more reliable?

"
@tainium
Advancing Fortress Run is here:
https://youtu.be/ruwtL4o17RQ

@Mithlug

I answerd about the Anvil somepages ago i think. Imho its totaly not worth it.

Both questions go in the same direction of: Why not get more defense that we pay for with lots of offense.

The answer is: Because we allready got tons of defense and the offense is the problem.

I don´t see the point in using unquies that would give more block or more Armour for the cost of DPS.
Agreed. My thought was that by concentrating (condensing?) some defense into a single gear slot (the otherwise very flexible weapon slot) that we could then get more offense from elsewhere (primarily tree due to less block nodes). This strategy could apply to Anvil, but to a lesser degree. Since you went to the trouble of making a video and discarding the idea then apparently the trade-offs aren't worth it.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 17, 2017, 4:08:22 PM
Hey starting to get to High Maps on The Scourge variant, and wondering what maps mods to completely avoid. So far I've been rolling over the armour/block mods and -max, or just rippy 2-3 dmg mods in general. Any suggestions for higher level map mods? This is for HC btw.
@scalymanfish

I would avoid - max Res on HC just for the Volatiles for sure.

As a tipp for No Leech Maps: Get a Gemini Claw to switch to for those maps!

Apart from that i don´t think i would reroll any specific mod... maybe Temp Chains because of Bearers and stuff.. but nothing out of the ordinary.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Here's a TLDR version of my previous essay.

Would Curse on Hit make our Cospri's poison faster and more reliable? (The gloves section of your guide doesn't mention Curse on Hit gloves.)

I'm interested in changing my setup to be more DOT-centric like yours and potentially adding bleed. Would appreciate your thoughts on that. Some specific questions:

-Decay: Do all of your DOT and Chaos nodes modify the 750 value? Does the 750 stack? Is Decay a "hit" that can apply poison, or poison is only based on the phys dmg portion of the original hit that "inflicts" Decay?

-Rapid Decay gem: Did you run any tests using RapidDecay+BVortex instead of ControlledDest+Bladefall? I can't figure out why Bladefall so vastly outperforms BV in my setup.

-Bleed: Is Bleed mostly compatible with the DOT mechanics in your build? Is there a reason you don't really use Bleed in your guide?
"
tainium wrote:
Here's a TLDR version of my previous essay.

Would Curse on Hit make our Cospri's poison faster and more reliable? (The gloves section of your guide doesn't mention Curse on Hit gloves.)

I'm interested in changing my setup to be more DOT-centric like yours and potentially adding bleed. Would appreciate your thoughts on that. Some specific questions:

-Decay: Do all of your DOT and Chaos nodes modify the 750 value? Does the 750 stack? Is Decay a "hit" that can apply poison, or poison is only based on the phys dmg portion of the original hit that "inflicts" Decay?

-Rapid Decay gem: Did you run any tests using RapidDecay+BVortex instead of ControlledDest+Bladefall? I can't figure out why Bladefall so vastly outperforms BV in my setup.

-Bleed: Is Bleed mostly compatible with the DOT mechanics in your build? Is there a reason you don't really use Bleed in your guide?

Rapid Decay does not work on Flurry because it has no Duration Tag, it will not work on the Poison inflicted by Flurry. Using it on BV would be a bad ide because you reduce the duration of the Vortex = less stacks up = lots less damage.

Bladevortex is Balanced around having many Stacks up, during normal map clear you won´t have enough Stacks to make it really matter. Only during Bossfights where you attack for alonger time ste Blades can stack and deal more damage than Bladefall that is balanced around single casts.

Bleed is only based on the Physical part of the hit and Spells can´t cause bleeding. (at least there is no mechanic in the game that would allow them to do this) Bleed also can´t stack so the only way to have bleed deal good damage would be really big hits with pure Physical Damage. (like a Puncture Trap with Bow Builds)

I also tried to find out more about the Decay, it is really hard to find any information.

-Chaos and DoT do apply to it.
-Afaik Area Damage will also work if the Decay is caused by a Area Skill.
-Decay isn´t a hit.
- afaik Decay can´t Stack

The Poison is based upon the Phys+Chaos Damage that the original hit does and has nothing to do with Decay. Decay is its own DoT seperate from Poison.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Thanks for the analysis.

I'm starting to think that the reason it feels like the weapon doesn't matter is because we get so much more damage from Bladefall than we get from Flurry. So instead of optimizing my weapon and tree perhaps I should start looking at optimizing Bladefall and spell damage?
Last edited by tainium on Jan 18, 2017, 9:19:58 PM
...which is leading me back to The Scourge. 70% increased global damage (physical, chaos, spell and poison) is pretty efficient for us. Match that up with a good Bone helmet for another 40% global damage, jewels with up to 16%, and perhaps even some corrupted items that include minion damage...suddenly The Scourge starts to sound like the best offensive option for us.

*bad a math

I also see quite a few The Anvil amulets with the minion damage corruption...
Last edited by tainium on Jan 18, 2017, 11:38:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info