[3.2] Very cheap ~ REVIVED 4 Million DPS+ RF Fire Nova Mine (Update soon)

"
BloodRaziel wrote:
"
Worst_luck wrote:
"
soujv91 wrote:
Hey there!
Is it really worth it to keep Vile Bastion if I run Eye of Chayula? Since I don't get credit for kill unless the poison does it, I don't seem to ever get enough stacks of Vile Bastion to justify it. Thinking of getting the +1 curse and freeing 4 points on the tree

You'd actually free up 5 points. It's probably worth doing that yep.

I was thinking the same, if we take the +1 curse in the ascendancy we would free up 5 points, so where should be the best place on the tree for these points? thx

Leadership & Harrier or Harrier & Corruption

Leadership helps boost your ES from discipline and increase the radius of temp chains & blasphemy which probably helps boost your survivability immensely
"
First of all thanks a lot for the positive feedback and input, I really appreciate you taking the time to find out ways how to make this build stronger :)

I completely dropped vaal clarity/disc myself. I'm running wither totem & minion/totem ele res. Disc, blasph & temporal with enlighten and detonate mines/faster casting along with a flame golem. I know what you mean when you say you don't notice a difference but it does affect the cast speed. If you play more you'll notice it. Culling could actually be nice though.

I'm gonna try and review/justify the things you've mentioned but before that I want to tell you I actually updated the tree to level 93 now, so you can go check the new one, anyways:

- Coordination is really nice not only for the dex, but for the cast speed as well. It lets your fnm pulse faster and thus your last two pulses can actually happen faster. This helps a lot for bosses like shaper where you need to dps him as fast as possible during phases, so I don't think it's worth dropping this node.
- I don't really have any mana problems atm, but if you're having any then by all means you can take this for the boost.
- I've actually considered this option but couldn't really figure out what to drop for it. I've tried dropping throatseeker but I really felt like I lost more dps than I gained, but if you can experiment with this it could actually be better to get the jewel slot. What do you/guys think about this?
- I don't know how well this would work out as i've got lots of faster start of ES regen, but it could be really good. Might test it out later.
- I already had corruption but I dropped it for Atrophy instead since chaos damage double-dips to poison and the dot from corruption doesn't.
- As you said, the dex helps a lot but also the cast speed and the skill effect duration from entropy (for extending poison duration).

You probably need around 7k ES + for shaper. I did it with 6.5k or so with a crappy 6 link chest. The fight is mostly about how much damage you do and if you go full glass cannon on him you'll pretty much always be able to kill him.

No problem at all, i'm glad a lot of people like the build and i'm happy to share it.

Thanks for the reply.

Culling was pretty nice, especially with the AOE increase on Orb made things easy. I did revert back to faster casting with detonate though. I started getting frustrated with the time between a mine plant and my ability to detonate.

If I had gone with a 6L Regalia I would probably do the same with running disc/enlighten. But I'm committed to the Mantle and it's nasty debuff so I went Soul Siphon. If I get one more mana node, I could drop the Assassination or Entropy links and get 3 points. I'm really curious how much the crit mult/chance helps us compared to flat damage.

I feel like after the Soul Siphon, the extra jewel link would be kind of lame getting MORE mana on the way.

I'm also about to get my STR up enough to drop Physique and Written in Blood so I'll have a few points to play with.

Also, does the penetration from High Explosives help much? I'd think for one point it would be pretty significant.

I think I'll be trying some T16's today after I get my STR gear sorted. Thanks again!
Last edited by TeslaTrain on Jan 2, 2017, 3:17:54 PM
"
TeslaTrain wrote:
"
First of all thanks a lot for the positive feedback and input, I really appreciate you taking the time to find out ways how to make this build stronger :)

I completely dropped vaal clarity/disc myself. I'm running wither totem & minion/totem ele res. Disc, blasph & temporal with enlighten and detonate mines/faster casting along with a flame golem. I know what you mean when you say you don't notice a difference but it does affect the cast speed. If you play more you'll notice it. Culling could actually be nice though.

I'm gonna try and review/justify the things you've mentioned but before that I want to tell you I actually updated the tree to level 93 now, so you can go check the new one, anyways:

- Coordination is really nice not only for the dex, but for the cast speed as well. It lets your fnm pulse faster and thus your last two pulses can actually happen faster. This helps a lot for bosses like shaper where you need to dps him as fast as possible during phases, so I don't think it's worth dropping this node.
- I don't really have any mana problems atm, but if you're having any then by all means you can take this for the boost.
- I've actually considered this option but couldn't really figure out what to drop for it. I've tried dropping throatseeker but I really felt like I lost more dps than I gained, but if you can experiment with this it could actually be better to get the jewel slot. What do you/guys think about this?
- I don't know how well this would work out as i've got lots of faster start of ES regen, but it could be really good. Might test it out later.
- I already had corruption but I dropped it for Atrophy instead since chaos damage double-dips to poison and the dot from corruption doesn't.
- As you said, the dex helps a lot but also the cast speed and the skill effect duration from entropy (for extending poison duration).

You probably need around 7k ES + for shaper. I did it with 6.5k or so with a crappy 6 link chest. The fight is mostly about how much damage you do and if you go full glass cannon on him you'll pretty much always be able to kill him.

No problem at all, i'm glad a lot of people like the build and i'm happy to share it.

Thanks for the reply.

Culling was pretty nice, especially with the AOE increase on Orb made things easy. I did revert back to faster casting with detonate though. I started getting frustrated with the time between a mine plant and my ability to detonate.

If I had gone with a 6L Regalia I would probably do the same with running disc/enlighten. But I'm committed to the Mantle and it's nasty debuff so I went Soul Siphon. If I get one more mana node, I could drop the Assassination or Entropy links and get 3 points. I'm really curious how much the crit mult/chance helps us compared to flat damage.

I feel like after the Soul Siphon, the extra jewel link would be kind of lame getting MORE mana on the way.

I'm also about to get my STR up enough to drop Physique and Written in Blood so I'll have a few points to play with.

Also, does the penetration from High Explosives help much? I'd think for one point it would be pretty significant.

I think I'll be trying some T16's today after I get my STR gear sorted. Thanks again!

As far as I know, high explosives penetration doesn't add to your chaos damage as that occurs after the damage is calculated. So it wouldn't be as significant with the small fire damage you deal after conversion.

Mantle is really nice to keep and if you can manage it well with your survivability your damage will be absurd.

Last edited by Worst_luck on Jan 2, 2017, 6:20:44 PM
"
Worst_luck wrote:

As far as I know, high explosives penetration doesn't add to your chaos damage as that occurs after the damage is calculated. So it wouldn't be as significant with the small fire damage you deal after conversion.

Mantle is really nice to keep and if you can manage it well with your survivability your damage will be absurd.

Ahh interesting, thanks. In that case I'll probably sink the next few points into ES nodes for a little boost while mapping, concentrated tooltip DPS is >8k and it's nutty.
"
TeslaTrain wrote:
"
Worst_luck wrote:

Ahh interesting, thanks. In that case I'll probably sink the next few points into ES nodes for a little boost while mapping, concentrated tooltip DPS is >8k and it's nutty.

I was on like 8.9k with mantle, that pretty much destroys all content in the game.
Hey there. I've been looking for a fire/chaos build for my last/second to last Breach character and of them all yours seems the most epic !

Before rolling a new toon though, I wanted to know why Occultist over Saboteur ? I get that occultist is gets a good defense and some chaos damage but Saboteur seems like a perfect fit.

Can you do a quick pro/con ?

Cheers!

Edit : Also i've been poking around your profile and I've noticed you switched to Vortex+Pyre instead of FNM and I find it very smart! How does it fare so far ?
Last edited by Katak on Jan 4, 2017, 4:14:39 AM
how stun?
Got my first shaper kill ever (didnt play last season) with my lvl 90 fire nova miner (playing with regalia), thank you !

I didnt nuke him hard enough to skip ad phases, but still did kill him dying only twice at the end of the fight.
>Very cheap
>200chaos orbs

I'm so poor that I can't afford cheap builds. It sucks to be poor.
"
rigzaggon wrote:
>Very cheap
>200chaos orbs

I'm so poor that I can't afford cheap builds. It sucks to be poor.

poor or don't play much? i've found that starting with some dirt cheap or free build (for me it's been TS, oblit, or flame totem) and plowing content for a while to save up for the REAL build helps a lot.

but also, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting up to 200c, or farming til you get it. i'm lvl 77 now with this bitch and i've spent 4c on gloves/boots/hat, 7c on danks, and the 20c on 5L6s mantle (didn't NEED to swap from tabula, but wanted to try it).

also, if you don't have a premie tab, get one and sell shit. it still amazes me what people pay chaos for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info