[2.5] [New Vid] Assassin: Wisdom and Action 800kdps on a 5L

This is the initial post for my Assassin Blade Flurry Hand of Wisdom and Action build. I will be updating with more experiments, as my char is level 90, and is my first of the league.

The main component for this build is the Hand of Wisdom and Action Claws. Because the "1-6 lightning damage per 10 int" is global, we obviously want to dualweild, stacking as much int as possible (currently 950).

Next, we are using the Assassin ascendancy class in order to boost the rather low 6% base crit chance to 9.5.. Since we are scaling intelligence, our tree already paths next to all available power charges, so we have a total maximum of 7.

Fast Video Guide (and Gorge):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg879F42_bs&feature=youtu.be
My computer lags a lot during recording, so I'm pretty inefficient with my whirling blades and things, but you can see how fast you can go when running smoothly (or when you have charges and flasks while you fight the boss)
I'll post a montage of some boss kills soon; I'm having a busy week of work and travel.

Boss Kills (my damage is higher now than during this video, but to give you an idea of the build with cheap items)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpAqMYZEvY&feature=youtu.be

My stats:
Currently, I have 10.5kES, but have a few bits of gear that can be improved (as you can see for yourself. With more optimization, 12k+ should be doable with a very good chest). From the tree and our intelligence, we have about 400% increased ES, so getting +200ES on a chest piece equals +1000ES.

I made a spreadsheet for my real, optimized dps vs bosses (optimized for 6 stacking) and it puts me at around 8000k and 47% (+57% w/ Vinktar's) pen, with 3100 Accuracy (91-92% chance to hit).. Everything dies after 1 stack, and I can comfortably maintain Vaal Haste on most map layouts. My AoE also basically offscreens.

My BF links (in order) are Blade Flurry - Weapon Elemental Damage - Lightning Penetration - Elemental Focus - Inc. Aoe/Con. Effect (- 6L Life Leech, Critical Multiplier?)

Other Gems:
This build has a lot of spare sockets, which you can fill with your preference of CWDT, Curses, or other set ups. The essential gems are:

Discipline
Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark (with a Life Leech on 6L, you can run Wrath for about another 20% more multiplier)
Wrath (I'm running Discipline and Wrath in a level 3 Enlighten, but you can spec into Charisma if you're having mana troubles)
Ice Golem - Cast when Stunned (Very strong on this build)
Immortal Call - CWDT/CWS
Whirling Blades - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Equipment:
The Claws are 3-5 Chaos each unless you want min/maxed % rolls, which are completely unnecessary, and the only other expensive item is an Astramentis (I was lucky enough to drop it in Merc. Act 2), which is about 1ex ESC at the moment, and is also not necessary for the build (though it most likely is BiS). Choir of the Storm is another potential choice, and it's considerably cheaper. Vinktar's Penetration variant and Kiara's Determination flasks drastically improve the build's utility, but aren't necessary by any means. Kiara's especially is a priority if you're not using the Valyrium ring (or Skyforths if you're rich), or have the stun avoidance enchant on your boots.
My Gear
Spoiler
I just rolled the belt with an Screaming Essence of Spite

Jewels:
Spoiler
It's been brought up that the Green Dream's Frenzy charges would be a nice addition to damage, and I agree. In general, Jewels are a major power source for this build; try to get AS% with claws and Crit multi on as many as possible).

Specific Gear Improvements:
% chance to avoid stun boot enchant (or life and mana leech)
A 6L chest with 800+ES
Grind a Helm Enchant (preferably increased BF AoE or Reduced Wrath/Discipline reservation (would save us up to 4 skill points on the tree, or the need for an enlighten gem)

I don't have a lot of trouble with stuns, except with the lightning orbs from the Esh breaches. They are almost the only thing that has killed this character in maps, simply because of the stun locking they do (Without Kiara's that is. Now I have little or no trouble). Reflect rares aren't a problem with Vaal Pact and the way Blade Flurry does reduced damage on the beginning of channeling. I've never died to reflect, but certainly pop vinktars and my shock removal as soon as I see the aura.

Argus and Uber Izaro die in 2 seconds. Breechlord's only a little longer.

My current tree (I removed dual curse and added mana reservation and aura effect passives for Wrath and Discipline)
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUWGAB4RXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2Fr8PqySLwzoqOJu1hMWJ03BSKgtd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfakcG8uFjQ9vnbAjxigEJuNndSJOVrTMZ13_Gkye-iqEvbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QIRUDW5pyuX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6yBuUDA7DREPfq-NGeAS2V_djKyY99eboYRIXGvDbY9GHRT60maeFkCFfbcxjHZyD5RvZlSFe-w4gpuaO5_f73w8BcBmKwoRL-wYLL8V14auVmOt8Rhd62O1SG1sFy9k51XWgKRwu9kTL28jNlMQF7BKizIyEJLZhrxvAAAXAQAAEgACAAfQAQRMAQMRAAEDAQEBAAMAAA==

Dual Curse Defensive Tree
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPsWGAB7RXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2Fr8PqySLwzoqOJu1hMWJ03BSKgtd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfakcG8uFjQ9vnbAjxipOVrTMZ13_Gkye-iqEvbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QIRUDW5pyuX9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6yBuUDA7DREPfq-NGeAS2V_djKyY99eboYRIXGvDbY9GHRT60maeFkCFfbcxjHZyD5RvZlSFe-w4gpuaO5_f73w8BcBmKwoRL-wYLL8V14auVmOt8Rhd62O1SG1scLvZEy9vPO9o8hhqeC985VgH74j5N9fPSbEjNlMQF7BKizIyEJLZhrxvAAAXAQAAEgACAAfQAQRMAQMRAAEDAQEBAAMAAA==

Main tree feaures:
180% ES from tree (plus approx 200% from int)
300% increased Damage
CI
Vaal Pact
Ghost Reaver
All power charges
5 Jewels (Crit Multi and Attack Speed as priority)
Dual Curse potential
Witch and Templar AoE nodes

Leveling:
Dual wield the Hand of Though and Motion Binders until you can use a Blessing of Esh on them. Move through the passive tree, generally heading towards the AoE nodes in witch and templar. There are many efficient life nodes along the way, so pick these up while leveling. Stretching across the tree to the AoE nodes in Templar gives a lot of Int, and it scales your damage while you level. Grab the power charges once you complete the cruel lab (and get the .5% crit chance ascendancy).

Extra Build Options
Spoiler
For dual curse set up, use Arctic Armor instead of Wrath. AA synergizes well with Blade Flurry cause of the stationary aspect of the skill.

Hybrid Life and ES might be a solid option, and this build paths next to many extremely efficient life nodes. In this case, you could drop Astramentis in favor of the Presence of Chayula Amulet for a nice ES boost (but no int, sadly)

Vaaled Claws can get some amazing attributes (the best being .2% of lightning damage leeched, but up to 6% block per claw isn't bad either)

Choir of the Storm may be strong (depending on the Lightning Bolt). It's also a cheaper alternative to Astramentis.

The Green Dream/Nightmare in the jewel socket near Templar.

Last edited by Kroughfire on Dec 20, 2016, 1:00:26 AM
Last bumped on May 15, 2017, 12:35:07 PM
nice guide! but I think a good rare ammy would be better than astramentis. you can sometimes get a 90+ int + WED + crit amulet for under an exalt on BSC.
"
nice guide! but I think a good rare ammy would be better than astramentis. you can sometimes get a 90+ int + WED + crit amulet for under an exalt on BSC.

Hi! Thanks for reading.

A rare amulet could be better, but astramentis doesn't only give 100 int. It's increased by about 20% from the claws, so it gives 120 int and 120 dex, which is probably more int than a rare ammy. That's also a 240 accuracy roll and 10% attack speed from dex.

So, if the amulet had a high crit multiplier and 90int/40dex, it could be better, or at least comparable. I'll keep my eyes open for one. :)
Looks cool, just want to pick your brain on some things:

a) With 17k average damage tooltip and a 1-6 damage split means your topend single hit damage at 1 stack should be around 14k (higher if we count in penetration), how does this factor in vs reflect monsters?
b) what is your critical strike chance / crit multiplier at the moment?
c) did you test out moving from warlord mark to life leech in order to be able to run curse immune maps and have higher leech vs bosses?

Keeping an eye out for updates on this build, looks promising.
Hope to see some videos/screenshots soon :)

Nice build overall, hope the price of these claws won't inflate too much.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
Looks cool, just want to pick your brain on some things:

a) With 17k average damage tooltip and a 1-6 damage split means your topend single hit damage at 1 stack should be around 14k (higher if we count in penetration), how does this factor in vs reflect monsters?
b) what is your critical strike chance / crit multiplier at the moment?
c) did you test out moving from warlord mark to life leech in order to be able to run curse immune maps and have higher leech vs bosses?

Keeping an eye out for updates on this build, looks promising.
Hope to see some videos/screenshots soon :)

Nice build overall, hope the price of these claws won't inflate too much.

If you are talking about the 1-6 damage per 10 int, that's incorrect. The effect is global, so with 2 claws, it's 2-12 damage/10 int. I made a spreadsheet with my current information and Blade Flurry damage calculation, and you can see where all the numbers come in.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/127gvAsBMHm_W1QfrmbYnogFEvAd_XM2zO5jqS67fVUI/edit?usp=sharing

A) For reflect, I've never died to it (currently almost lvl 89). Vaal Pact and Warlord's leech seems to do the job fine, and you can manually use only 1 or 2 stacks of BF to minimize damage. That said, I don't do the map mod, and once or twice I've seen my ES drop below 50% from it.

B) My crit multi (w/ charges obviously) is 464%, and my crit chance is 66.5%, but 88.8% with a diamond flask (which is when you want the consistent crits, and it has two uses). I dropped my inc. critical strikes gem in favor of crit multi after doing some calculations and realizing I can use the diamond flask to cover the difference with bosses.
C) The Life Leech gem is quite a good addition. (EDIT MOM has no effect on CI) My (full stack BF) damage on a 5L is currently almost 500k, and there isn't another gem which would increase my damage significantly, so LL seems to be an excellent option. The *only* thing then might be mana issues if there is no mana leech. To be honest though, since my damage is so high, even the reduced leech vs bosses is hardly noticeable.

I'll run a few experiments and share some more thoughts in a video. I'm planning on posting one in the next day or two. :)
Last edited by Kroughfire on Dec 14, 2016, 11:18:25 PM
Mom does nothing for es, because mana protects life, not es.
"
valares wrote:
Mom does nothing for es, because mana protects life, not es.

You are correct. I'm an idiot. It's freaky how many basic mechanics/interaction you can still not know after 4 years of playing this game. :)
"
Kroughfire wrote:

If you are talking about the 1-6 damage per 10 int, that's incorrect. The effect is global, so with 2 claws, it's 2-12 damage/10 int. I made a spreadsheet with my current information and Blade Flurry damage calculation, and you can see where all the numbers come in.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/127gvAsBMHm_W1QfrmbYnogFEvAd_XM2zO5jqS67fVUI/edit?usp=sharing

You misunderstood me, when I say 1-6 damage split I mean that the lowend-topend damage ratio is 1:6 (which is the same as 2:12), which means that your topend damage should be 6 times as high than your lowend damage (approximated, since flat damage on rings and amulets will skew the ratio a bit).

This is in line with the google sheet you put:
995-5955 damage range is approximately to 1-6 damage split (6x 995 is 5970).

Anyway took a look at your sheet and everything seems ok calculation wise.
What is your experience regarding shocking higher tier bosses (14/15/16) and breach bosses without the use of Vinktar's?

If your shock only comes from Vinktar vs those bosses then swapping in Elemental Focus instead of Increased Critical Damage should be a higher multiplier.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
www.poeurl.com/VSH

Rough leveling tree I will be going if people are struggling, will require a few respects but not a problem

Used Freezing Pulse & Fire trap then switch to fire nova mine until 28 (had BV for single target) and then switched into BF with
&
Using
as a fake Astramantis for leveling . Working really well so far
Last edited by zenixmoo on Dec 15, 2016, 8:10:35 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:

You misunderstood me, when I say 1-6 damage split I mean that the lowend-topend damage ratio is 1:6 (which is the same as 2:12), which means that your topend damage should be 6 times as high than your lowend damage (approximated, since flat damage on rings and amulets will skew the ratio a bit).

This is in line with the google sheet you put:
995-5955 damage range is approximately to 1-6 damage split (6x 995 is 5970).

If your shock only comes from Vinktar vs those bosses then swapping in Elemental Focus instead of Increased Critical Damage should be a higher multiplier.

The damage min and max there are from my basic attack character info, so it should be accurate.

Now that I acquired my vinktar's I've been thinking of switching to ele focus, but am mostly trying to get my 6th link. You're right though; since I always use it against bosses, and rares die in a split second anyway...

Also, to answer the question, the shock from crits is very reliable against high tier bosses, but the duration of vinktar's might be enough for all bosses with the extra damage from ele focus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info