Path of Exile Talent Competition

A drawing of the witch necromancer. I rushed it a bit ._.
Last edited by PPHERMY on Jan 15, 2017, 6:59:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b2bwEaL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b2bwEaL.jpg

Bigger resolution:
http://i.imgur.com/1oy7TBM.jpg

A piece inspired by the Act 5 art revealed earlier.
if you're blind, it's harder for you to hit yourself -Mark_GGG
My talent is computer programming and also computer things in general, so I decided to make a Path of Exile themed clicking game that runs in a browser. I present to you, Path of Clicking. It's inspired by games like Cookie Clicker and Candy Box 2 (these other games are not made by me).

Note for the impatient and the jury: the game is open-ended and will massively overrun the five-minute limit if you let it. I've made a quick mode so you can try it out in a short time. This version is not properly balanced so it won't save the game.

Like other clicking games, Path of Clicking is best played by leaving it in a background browser tab and checking in every now and then. It will likely take months to obtain a Mirror of Kalandra (unless you're extremely lucky and one drops for you).

Unfortunately I didn't have time to make the tutorial I planned for the game, so I'll write some instructions here.

Quick start guide
As the game loads up, you'll see a chest, a life globe and some buttons. Click the chest a few times and open the stash panel to observe your newfound wealth. When you have at least 10 scrolls of wisdom, open the MTX shop and buy a click macro. Continue clicking and buy some more macros; soon you'll get scrolls without having to do anything.

When you amass 50 scrolls, Nessa will be available at the MTX shop. Hire her and she'll start converting your scrolls of wisdom to portal scrolls. With the first portal scroll you'll see the farming run button light up. Initially there are two areas available: normal ledge and normal merveil. It's probably not wise to start with a boss so let's pick normal ledge.

Note: the quick mode makes you all but invincible in the first few areas, including bosses.

Click the monsters to kill them. Note that on farming runs your attack speed is limited. If there's a master, click him to complete his mission (be sure to do this before killing the last monster). When all monsters are dead you'll be presented with the results of the run. Hopefully you found some loot!

Open the character sheet and inventory to inspect the items you've collected. Each item in the inventory has two buttons next to it: equip and sell. The equip button puts the item on your character. Any existing item of the same type is transferred back to the inventory. The sell button will sell the item for a small amount of currency.

At the beginning of the game you should look for a better mouse as well as some defensive equipment. Merveil deals eye strain damage so eye strain resistance will be useful.

Advanced tips
The click macro clicks once every five seconds. Clicks from multiple macros will be spread out so five macros will result in one click every second. Click macros are affected by your click power and IIQ.

Each vendor converts two currency types to the next higher type (with the exception of Nessa who has three conversions). One vendor can do one conversion per second.

Masters make currency conversions more efficient. They work in two ways: increase the amount converted at once and provide a discount to the conversion rate. Each master boosts two different currencies (with the exception of Elreon who boosts three).

If you want to save up on a particular currency, you can click the green arrow on top of it in the stash. It turns to a red X to indicate that conversion is disabled. Click it again to resume converting.

When you hover over a currency, a blue arrow appears in the lower left corner. Click it to downgrade that currency to the previous type. You'll need to have at least two of the currency to be able to downgrade.

When you beat a boss for the first time you are awarded a 10% increased maximum life passive (15% on cruel) and two additional inventory slots.

Cruel difficulty imposes a 20% resistance penalty. This is currently not reflected in the UI.

Keep items with different resistances around in case you encounter enemies that deal that type of damage.

You can use currency to craft items in the inventory. Left-click on the currency, then left-click on the item you wish to craft. Blessed and divine orbs are not implemented yet.

Items have an item level, though it's currently invisible. Available mods depend on item level.

Magic items may have up to two mods. Rare items may have up to four mods. There's no prefix/suffix system, but a particular mod can only appear once.

Implicit mods are currently not visually distinguished from affix mods. However the game handles them separately and they do not count against duplicate mods.

It's currently not possible to unequip an item and leave the slot empty. You must replace the item with another.

The game autosaves every 60 seconds. There is currently no manual save button, so if you found an awesome item it may be best to wait a bit before closing the tab.

I haven't had time to properly test the game in different browsers, but it appears to work in Opera and Chromium at least. I tried to avoid any browser-specific features so hopefully it will work on others too. There may also be bugs.

If the game turns out to be popular, I may continue developing it. I have some ideas for providing an endgame as well as some general improvements, though I can't give a timeframe for them yet.
Since the Hybrid Flasks stop at Hallowed, right before they would start getting a unique, ornate feel, I decided to take a shot at what the Sanctified Hybrid Flask would look like if it did exist. Enjoy!

I kinda wondered if sky would change from inside breach, even though players would naturally never have an opportunity to see it.

Bigger version: http://imgur.com/rVmzHFS

I coded this myself, as well as performed all of the graphic work.

YouTube Video reviewing the app

GitHub link to app

Short description
This is a simple mp3 player. I wrote it because most music players with random/shuffle will play a song several times before the whole library. This player will shuffle a play list and play the list from start to finish, unless the user hits previous or next. I then themed the player to the Path of Exile forums.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
I hope I’m not too late!

I would like to present you this literary piece of mine as a humble contribution to the lore of Wraeclast.

"

A Dream of Purity

“If my word is a weapon
Then am I a murderer?”

Victario, the People’s poet.

“…My beloved brethren,
With all my aching heart and soul, I do hope that you are reading this for I am writing to you in order that the true reasons of my morrow journey may not be kept secret. For it is not a journey as you might be told. It is an exile.

May the Lord of Light have no mercy on me if I am telling you a word of lie!

I have spent a life with you in the austere stone walls of our cloister, passed my time, decades by decades, in hard labor and even harder learning, mastering my powers and taming my body. And through those years, I did travel a lot therefore the induced journey awaiting for me will not be the first of mine.

Ah, those blessed sleepless nights in the majestic halls of the Great Library… so seemingly silent and yet ever filled with muttering prayers of our brothers-scribes, squeak of their quills and echoes of the distant choir from the Grand Cathedral… On those nights with dusty folios of ancient lore open, I did visit so many places never seen with eyes. The vast savannas of Ngamakanui – the land of the proud and rigorous Karui… the flowered Isles of Skoathe inhabited by bellicose Ezomyte clans… the lush and grazing pastures of the Vastiri Planes of the ruthless Maraketh… and the sharp ice-blazing peaks of the Azmerian Ranges – the land of noble tribesmen and the birthplace of the late Empire…

And not so long ago, on a dark and rainy night like this in the silence of the Library, I heard a whisper. Two brothers-acolytes were conversing in the far end of the hall. I heard nothing of importance in their talk. Nothing but a name – Tears of Maji.

I instantly remembered a passage from a decrepit book once read. It was the name given to some gems of great magical power and of unknown origin. When the acolytes noticed my concerned gaze they hastened away as if ashamed or wanted to stay unheard. Not a few days and nights did I spend later in doubt and contemplation until I finally decided to uncover the mystery.

On one night I caught sight of one of the acolytes and followed him into the lowest and most secret premises of the archives. I sneaked after him through the spider-webbed passages and into so many turns and walkways hardly remembering the way back. At last, in the dim light of a candle I saw the acolyte hiding something in a pile of scrolls on a shelf. Oh, my brothers, if only I had known what secret our Order had been hiding there from us!

When I heard the hallways door clang shut I rushed to the shelves and among old maps and records I found a small feretory. And inside – a gem. A blue piece of an unknown solid yet translucent substance with something reminiscent of a human heart inside.

Yes, my brothers, to that I do confess. I put the gem upon my palm and suddenly – some insuperable force made me clench it hard in my fist. I felt the sharp edges of the object scar my skin, cut it open and drain my blood as if slaking an inhuman thirst. The gem started pulsing under my fingers like a living heart just torn out from a human chest dripping blood on the floor. The gem was pushing its energy up my wrist, up my arm and into my heart – shoving, driving its power through me. And then – the room exploded!

I saw the Light! I was engulfed in blinding, clear shining that was streaming through my body like a boundless river of holy enlightening. It was cleansing my very soul with the essence of Purity!

Tell me, my brothers, what can be purer than the first snows of winter?
I opened my eyes and saw the place around covered with ice and frost: the floor and shelves were bright white and once half-burnt candles turned into sparkling icicles. And I knew what the true Purity meant!

And then I heard voices and saw horrified faces of brothers-acolytes and templars-guardians. I tried to tell them of the godly revelation but they never listened. I shouted the truth. The shameful truth! I screamed of Dominus that had never been our Lord Devine but an arrogant blasphemer greedy for unholy powers of the Eternal Empire! The Empire that was named Eternal for it must have been grounded on the Eternal Faith – not the eternal lust! The Empire betrayed by the blinded and deluded! I screamed that High Templar cannot purify the world in flames for fire leaves only darkness of ashes in its wake! And the Blackguards, the Ebony Legion, all so black of blackness that only devours light!

But they never listened. They grasped me and carried away into the dungeon where I am spending my last night in Oriath.

I beg you, my brothers, in the Name of our Holy Father remember your vow of Tarcus Veruso! Keep your eyes open for evil has percolated into the heart of the Holy Order! Remember our martyr, Archbishop Geofri, slain by the fiends of corruption! Believe not your deceitful masters and mendacious tutors! There is no more justice in the Court of Divine Temperance as there may be nothing divine or tempered in a company of oath-breakers!

And I vow to bear the Holy sign of Descry in my heart and mind and yielding the god-gifted power of the gems, put to rest and have mercy on those perverted and suffering in the claws of corruption!

Faithfully yours,
Templar of the Holy Order…

SSF 0NLY! --- Trading turnes uniques into trinkets and warriors into hagglers! ---
Last edited by Dem0ral on Jan 15, 2017, 8:36:58 PM
"
Dem0ral wrote:
I hope I’m not too late!

According to Google time, there is still 2.5 hours left.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
Hello,

my pictures for the contest, inspired and vaguely based on my most powerful character in PoE so far, the title is "You're next!". I hope it captures the games atmosaphere.

I made a video of my lootfilter as my talent :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vdX_e5MoI&feature=youtu.be

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info