Path of Exile Talent Competition

take the win!!!
Last edited by Red_Zerg on Jan 2, 2017, 1:11:12 PM
make ranger physical dmg great again plssssssssssss
I decided to create an Exalted Orb with hama perler beads on a (Gore) painted canvas.

based on the exalted orb from the wiki:

The final result:

You can view the different stages from beginning to end here: https://goo.gl/6hHxIz
Hello!

I decided to make a knitted entry for this competition.
I also took the photos and edited them myself.

Materials:
Yarn
Fiber Filling
Fabric Markers
Weeks of my time
Sheer force of will to make a plushie without a pattern
Sacrifice of actual game time (I haven't figured out how to knit and play PoE at the same yet)

My WANDERING EYE plushie!!
Additional Wandering Eye Photos

With a 14 pound cat for size Reference

Detail Shots

Work In Progress Shots

I knitted the follow:
1. An entire skein of red worsted yarn into cord.
2. A tapered tube to use as the core out of the same red worsted yarn.
3. Various spheres to use as eyeballs made out of cream chunky yarn.

After getting all the eyeballs sewn on I knitted various rectangles to help create more bulk. I also like how when I pinned all the pieces down it looked like a squid attacking a pack of eyeballs. LOL

The cord was pinned down and sewn to create texture

Pupils were added to the eyeballs

Fabric markers were used to add details that create a greater sense of depth to the piece

Good luck to all the contestants. There is so much talent in this community.

-Lady Pitch
ac
Last edited by Donovan77 on Apr 23, 2017, 10:06:48 AM
Hello this is my entry to the Path of Exile Talent Competition.

Atlas Glass Engraving/Lamp

Edit: 5 more pics

Details

Work in progress
Yes 24 hours for the engraving ( not including failures :) )

Rambling of the craftsman ( totally optional )
This atlas map engraving/lamp is created with engraved 3mm glass, soldered copper wire frame, spray painted back and LED strip light.

The engraving was done on cheap laser engraver from china that technically should not engrave glass :/
What you see here is the third time the machine engraved the map. In total the laser engraved for 64 hours for me to end with this atlas map. It took a lot try and error and with true HC fashion I had to reset to the beginning and start all over again :)

The competition inspired me to create something that I have never done before and expand my skills.
Thank you to all the staff of GGG for the opportunity you give us.
Last edited by MadWoof on Jan 12, 2017, 7:23:49 AM
This is my entry for the talent competition. It's a monster idea- mechanically modified skeleton inspired a little by lightning armor mtx.

Spoiler
Hi, this is my entry for the talent competition :)

Greetings POE community!
An engineer in profession but a baker at heart, I made a tribute to perhaps the most killed boss in the entire game: Dried Lake Voll.
It is made 3D, using only gingerbread and icing. No cuts have been made to the gingerbread after baking (though my little cousin knocked it over once so the Brittle Emperor had a multiple arm frature and the flag on his back had to be remade with what I had left).
Fortunately though, I managed to fix it with some electromagnetic sensor holders, duct-tape, tweezers and a lot, lot more icing.
It is about 22 cm in height (there is a photo with a Kindle Keyboard for scale).

Enjoy!

Kindle for scale:

Getting the multiple arm fracture healed:

imgur album link:
http://imgur.com/a/rpwXD
Last edited by eemmbbeerr on Jan 3, 2017, 9:17:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info