(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

"
epicmeatwad wrote:
Since taking Vaal Pact the other day, im finding it difficult to keep my life up. Where does my life on hit supposed to come from? I feel like im missing something important.

You do indeed. ;)

Looking at your Ascendancies, you went the wrong way there. You should have taken Pain Reaver first (1% damage leeched as Life/Mana), then get Cloaked in Savagery in Cruel lab (100% damage leeched as life after you took a Savage Hit). This is where all the leech is coming from. Only then you take Vaal Pact.

The Berserker does not need Vitality Void at all. I decided against the Blood Magic key stone because I like Blasphemy+Flammability and Herald of Ash better, but that's just my personal preference... each to their own ;)

Edit: I also noticed that you did take the Point Blank keystone and equipped a Point Blank gem in your Ngamahu's Flame. They do not stack so you can either refund the passives or use a different gem.
Last edited by tomay on Apr 17, 2017, 1:23:14 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
epicmeatwad wrote:
Since taking Vaal Pact the other day, im finding it difficult to keep my life up. Where does my life on hit supposed to come from? I feel like im missing something important.

You do indeed. ;)

Looking at your Ascendancies, you went the wrong way there. You should have taken Pain Reaver first (1% damage leeched as Life/Mana), then get Cloaked in Savagery in Cruel lab (100% damage leeched as life after you took a Savage Hit). This is where all the leech is coming from. Only then you take Vaal Pact.

The Berserker does not need Vitality Void at all. I decided against the Blood Magic key stone because I like Blasphemy+Flammability and Herald of Ash better, but that's just my personal preference... each to their own ;)

Edit: I also noticed that you did take the Point Blank keystone and equipped a Point Blank gem in your Ngamahu's Flame. They do not stack so you can either refund the passives or use a different gem.

Ooooh, awesome, thanks much! What do you mean by you didnt take BM in favor of the blasphemy etc? How are they related? Also, how do you maintain any mana if you dont use BM with cyclone?

edit: pain reaver covers mana too! I think im just going to copy your setup lol
Last edited by epicmeatwad on Apr 17, 2017, 2:45:17 PM
If I have no Xoph's Blood, should I take avatar of fire keystone?
Not necessary. Just avoid physical reflect maps. ;)
Hi guys,
sorry for another noob question...

If I don't use VP, should I take "War Bringer" instead of "Cloaked in Savagery"? What do you think?

Not a good idea... first of all, War Bringer only recovers 25% of your max life (around 2K at best) and you will take plenty hits that will take a LOT more than that. And war cries are only available every two seconds (cooldown). If you want to make this work you will have to support it with lots of life regeneration and LGoH, sacrificing HP and damage. CiS + VP is simply the best choice when playing as a Berserker.

War Bringer is ideal for totem builds which don't get hit constantly but not so great for pure melee fighters.
Last edited by tomay on Apr 22, 2017, 8:32:41 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question (first build I've played in a few years). Does Atziri's Promise work with the build?
If we spend 4 points to get Point Blank node, we could replace the Point Blank gem in the weapon with Added Fire or Elemental Focus for more DSP.

Worth it?
"
zaqwer777 wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question (first build I've played in a few years). Does Atziri's Promise work with the build?

Yes, if you don't use Xoph's Blood.
"
If we spend 4 points to get Point Blank node, we could replace the Point Blank gem in the weapon with Added Fire or Elemental Focus for more DSP.

Worth it?

That call is your's entirely... ;)

The Point Blank keystone will give you effectively an eight-link setup for Molten Burst, however, something has to give. For example, 4 x 5% increased max life translates into 500 HP ish with good gear at a high level. At which point you may prefer to stay alive rather than dealing a bit more damage. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Apr 23, 2017, 6:32:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info