[2.5][Life]Trickster Scorching ray [SC/HC]

yeah, scorching ray doesn't actually ignite, it just deals burning damage
Dayman.
Hello Popske,

The spell setup looks pretty intriguing and mystical, however was wondering if you'd give some opinion about the build regarding to that.

Build: http://poeurl.com/Yr0

Another version would be a slight different to ditch the keystone for "no CM", but didn't bother with the crit multipliers due the keystone.

You could replace the controlled destruction to increased burning etc.

Cheers!
hey @nlilja,

Scorching ray does not hit, so it can not penetrate resistances (fire pen won't do anything) or crit, it is a degen that deals the burning damage to enemies without actually igniting them (you can run elemental status immunity maps!)

Scorching ray applies a stacking debuff on enemies dealing fire damage over time and causing enemies to lose 3% fire resistance per stack, which stacks up to 8 times, with each stage adding 60% increased damage.

also you grabbed pain attunement, it is usually for lowlife builds (using shavronnes wrappings, or solaris lorica)and is usually pretty expensive, and requires high energy shield gear.
Dayman.
Any testing to pair up the SR with CWC+flame surge or firestorm (6L)?
I think the tree would look a lot different if you wanted to go down a cwc route, because all of the damage over time nodes we grab are kinda wasted since they do nothing with firestorm/flame surge, also I don't have any leveled gems in standard that I could test sorry (20/21)
Dayman.
Are there any recommended leveling uniques? More so on the weapon side? or just highest magic damage weapon?
yeah just try get the most spell damage/fire damage, some Sceptres have implicit stat with Elemental damage so picking those up are a good idea
Dayman.
Hello there, love your guide. Will it be viable in 2.6 and Solo/Self-found? Thanks!
should still be fine for 2.6, as for solo/self-found I'm not too sure, since it is always hard to get the gear you need when playing solo, you would have to comrpomise with your gear choices (finding a +3 fire staff will be super difficult)
Dayman.
Hi, i have a problem. I can not opent link with build. Anyone have a same problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info