[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
benznueng123 wrote:
hello, i really like your forum very user friendly and clear explanation to the build
im now lvl 74 and playing in HC legacy league

i have a few questions i want to ask:
1: is 4link cyclone with koam heart better than daresso defiance? dont want to die xD want high hp
2: what is the level to pick up blood magic?
3: without blood magic my mana always run out when i do single target, how do i solve that (dont want to use mana potion)
4: at level 74 with 4k hp (no blood magic,no xoph's blood (no money), wearing kintsugi) can i run vaal cyclone and not die?
5: last whats the minimum requirement to do guardians

thanks alot have fun
gl ss

U should do Ben's Breach Melter for a hardcore version imo.

I use Blasphemy(Warlord's Mark) + Herald of Ash.

Kaom's or Carcass or even a rare evasion chest all work great.
Absolutely superb build. I have so much fun leveling this char.
The only item hard to come by is the amu. 3ex is a hefty price tag.
But other than that I am love with this char. Thank you for sharing this guide.
Much appreciated.
Not sure if it's been suggested, but I made 2 small modifications to your build for end-game mapping, T16s/Shape and Uber Atziri.

First of all, I use a Kaom's Heart to push my health to 6.3k+, I should be near 6.6k at level 90.

Second thing, I run Cyclone with Faster Attack, it's slightly lower damage than using Melee Phys, but it increases the number of hits per second significantly enough (From 9 to 11.26), which in turn means slightly higher proc rate of Ngamahu's Molten Burst.

So this puts me at 55k DPS on cyclone, but I am only running a 4L, this is ignoring molten burst damage.

Now, the most important part, for bosses, I replace Cyclone with Flicker Strike and WED with Multi-strike. It's a bit finicky, you want to load up on Frenzy Charges wit Cyclone first, then do a quick swap from inventory. Flicker Strike damage is about 75k, the attack is rate 11.66, slightly higher than Cyclone, but more importantly, the spread of Molten Burst is basically negated. I don't know, some have speculated that it's due to Cyclone's max weapon range, but Molten Burst seems to spawn at the tip of your cyclone, meaning if you're deep within the enemy's hitbox, MB can proc far from the boss' hitbox and deal little to no damage. Meanwhile, Flicker Strike is pretty much point blank, seriously, I'd say 80% of the projectiles land on the boss, with very few exceptions. It always, 100% of the time, spawns the Molten Burst at the center of the boss' hit box. So that, plus the faster attack rate of Flicker Strike and the natively higher DPS of the skill results in far higher DPS.

Finally, for those wondering, Frenzy Charge generation is a non-issue. One frenzy charge consumed will proc Flicker Strike 3 times due to Multi-strike. Now, normally, you wouldn't be able to upkeep that with just the raider 25% passive, but the projectiles from Molten Burst are hits, and they also have a chance to generate a Frenzy Charge. Due to the high concentration of meat balls hitting the boss, on top of flicker strike triple hits, you'll always be at max frenzy charges.

Maths for this part:

Spoiler

3.89 Frenzy Charges consumed per seconds
11.66 attacks per seconds
20% chance Molten Burst proc rate = 2.33 procs per seconds
7 projectiles per proc, and let's give it only 50% hit rate (As I said, it's nearly 80% for me with Flicker strike).

So 2.33 procs x 3.5 projectile hits = 8.155 hits per seconds.

8.155 + 11.66 = 19.815 hits on boss per second, at 25% chance to generate a frenzy charge

19.815*0.25 = We generate 4.95 frenzy charges a second, while we only consume 3.89, therefore, we can keep this up forever.

This has seriously increased my clear speed on bosses, as well as overall damage, and I find it easier to survive, if you misclick with Cyclone, you're kinda fucked Minotaur is about to combo you, FS allows you to get out easier. A bit dangerous on Phoenix though, can't use it while he channels his attack in the corner.
I don't know man molten burst procs on the monster and cyclone doesn't really affect that (you can check this by using sunder) and there is also a cooldown so at some point getting higher attacks per second doesn't matter anymore. I personally don't like flicker so I haven't even tested it but if it works it works. I do think that there are a lot of other upgrades you can make to your gear instead of changing the skill completely though. If you check the 2.6 update you would see that ele focus is more dps than fire penetration now for example and if you also add wise oak you would do a lot more dps just from those 2 changes.
Last edited by Aggnog on May 2, 2017, 6:56:19 AM
My character are strong, but could be better.
What do I need change?

Spoiler

Passives Build

"

and thanks a lot for help me :D
Hey there,

I'm a bit confused with the passive tree/links. I play SSF, and was able to chance the Axe, and find a 5L Daresso. I don't have Devitos/Darkray but I figured that's not a huge deal. My question is how do I build withou Xoph Ammy? Do I path to Avatar of Fire still? Do I skip it, and leave out all Fire Pen gems? Should I still go BM keystone without the ammy, since I may want to use auras (like Flammability)?

Also, is the current tree listed still good for map clearing? Or is it strictly boss-oriented now?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,
Last edited by superkegs on May 24, 2017, 8:22:39 AM
Have you tried Molten Strike? Is it good choice for solo target dps t16\uber Atz\Shaper\etc?
Last edited by Simf.Porchaa on Jun 12, 2017, 3:50:28 PM
"
Simf.Porchaa wrote:
Have you tried Molten Strike? Is it good choice for solo target dps t16\uber Atz\Shaper\etc?

Molten strike projectiles are not melee attacks so the molten burst from the axe won't proc from them, only from the initial melee hit.
Just wanna say this build is awesome. Pretty sure my characters open you can see Ella Flames, farming t14s at level 80, gonna take it further. Thanks for the build Aggnog.

Edit: just killed Minotaur at level 82, my lowest ever, had 5.1k hp, died once to a dumb mess-up lol.
Last edited by Elisrae on Jul 3, 2017, 8:36:35 PM
In 3.0 does the immolate gem proc on each molten burst projectile and do you know if the axe would be available in 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info