[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

**UPDATE**
Added a new introduction.
Moved map mods to it's own section.
Added more jewels.
Added a section about stun.
Added feedback quotes.
First, awesome build, having a lot of fun with this one. I have a question about the Catalyse node (in Templar start), are you just taking it for the 10str/10int (20int after the jewel)? The Elemental Damage with Weapons doesn't do anything for this build, right?

Second, it would be awesome if you make your characters public (account->privacy settings) so we can get an up-to-the-minute snapshot of changes you make to your gear/flasks/skill tree, rather than you having to update every little thing you do on the guide.

Thanks!
"
neogia wrote:
First, awesome build, having a lot of fun with this one. I have a question about the Catalyse node (in Templar start), are you just taking it for the 10str/10int (20int after the jewel)? The Elemental Damage with Weapons doesn't do anything for this build, right?

Second, it would be awesome if you make your characters public (account->privacy settings) so we can get an up-to-the-minute snapshot of changes you make to your gear/flasks/skill tree, rather than you having to update every little thing you do on the guide.

Thanks!

"
Dreschau wrote:
Would be nice if you made your characters public. Click your account name at the top of the poe webpage, on the page that pops up, on the bottom right, click privacy settings, there is a checkbox for make characters private, it's checked by default.

I dont have the private tagged, I checked and updated twice, not sure why it is still on private, sorry.
I can understand it is a bit annoying, but untill it is fixxed, you will have to suffice with what I update in the guide :/, my build is changing a lot because I am testing different things, but I will do my best to keep you all updated.

On the other hand I am glad you like the build Neogia! Regarding the catalyse note, it is purely for the 20 int note, the weapon damage increase does not apply to anything in our build.
Respecced a level 70 witch to this to try it out and love it. Will definitely be looking to this to try from scratch as my next league starter. One thing I changed from your suggested links was to move flame dash to one of the empty spots with AA and ice golem. In its place I added frost wall to the CWDT links. Works good IMO to keep some space between you and mobs when you get overwhelmed.

Gear
Spoiler

EDIT: Just did a yellow level 74 twinned catacombs map at level 72 and never dropped below about 75% ES. The leach in this build is really awesome. Thanks so much OP! I think I've found a new favorite.
Last edited by stoudtlr on Dec 11, 2016, 2:31:02 PM
"
Mathoddie wrote:

I dont have the private tagged, I checked and updated twice, not sure why it is still on private, sorry.
I can understand it is a bit annoying, but untill it is fixxed, you will have to suffice with what I update in the guide :/, my build is changing a lot because I am testing different things, but I will do my best to keep you all updated.

They're viewable now, you got it.

Also, been thinking, why bother with the str and dex conversion jewels? the str jewel in templar is giving you 80 int, with staff bonus that becomes 94, so it's giving you 9% dmg increase, the dex one by vaal pact is giving you even less than that. you can get a decent triple damage jewel for pretty cheap that would have 35-45% dmg increase in each of those 2 jewel slots and then save those 3 points you spent taking catalyse. unless I'm missing something, doesn't seem worth it.

so many mods on jewels that this build can utilize.
Last edited by Dreschau on Dec 11, 2016, 5:50:48 PM
"
Dreschau wrote:
"
Mathoddie wrote:

They're viewable now, you got it.

Also, been thinking, why bother with the str and dex conversion jewels? the str jewel in templar is giving you 80 int, with staff bonus that becomes 94, so it's giving you 9% dmg increase, the dex one by vaal pact is giving you even less than that. you can get a decent triple damage jewel for pretty cheap that would have 35-45% dmg increase in each of those 2 jewel slots and then save those 3 points you spent taking catalyse. unless I'm missing something, doesn't seem worth it.

so many mods on jewels that this build can utilize.

at lvl 68, 30 intellect almost gives 10% damage on my icestorm + energy shield.
It's 1% spelldmg per 10 intellect not damage increase
ign: ropefly
Well done with the writeup dude.

I went a different route tho playing as guardian but yours is quite a lot cheeper.

Bet the build gonna get a lot more attention now that RaizQT is about to shamlessly copy pasta it and most likely "forget" to credit the author.

Good thing I got all the perf gear for my WI already.. and most likely done playing with it anyway. Gonna make some profit.
"
ropefly wrote:

at lvl 68, 30 intellect almost gives 10% damage on my icestorm + energy shield.
It's 1% spelldmg per 10 intellect not damage increase

Yeah I guess the game is doing some weird number voodoo I just don't understand. As an experiment I went ahead and got the str - int and dex - int jewels and put them in and they give me more tooltip dmg on the icestorm by a pretty significant margin. It also puts me at 1100 int vs 900 int.

So 200 more int should be 20% increased dmg on icestorm, but I was using 2 jewels that each gave me +39% increased dmg, all to things that would affect icestorm. To me 78% increased dmg should be more than 20% increased dmg, but it's clearly not because the tooltip goes up. That 200 int is also a not insignificant amount of extra flat ES.

So I don't understand WHY the flat int is better, but it clearly is. Because PoE.
I used pizza totems to farm enough c to get Astramentus and TWI and happened to see this build before I rolled my witch for a regular TWI build; glad I did. This is pretty comedy early on, easily matching ancestral totems in terms of boss samshing while being a lot more fun. Great job!

About the first bandit point, I assume it helped with reaching resists on gear with quite a few uniques? You hardly see many folks grab that particular bandit reward.
"
JoeODanger wrote:
I used pizza totems to farm enough c to get Astramentus and TWI and happened to see this build before I rolled my witch for a regular TWI build; glad I did. This is pretty comedy early on, easily matching ancestral totems in terms of boss samshing while being a lot more fun. Great job!

About the first bandit point, I assume it helped with reaching resists on gear with quite a few uniques? You hardly see many folks grab that particular bandit reward.

Yes, it's just to make gearing easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info