[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

Whats the point in taking that lonely +16% spelldmg at the beginning? Am i missing the logic?
"
Mathoddie wrote:
"
Tidusx1609 wrote:
Hey Mathoddie! Just want to thank you for this awesome build. I played WI last league (followed Kelvynn's guide) and didn't bother continuing with it as I felt it was too clunky for my liking. Using scorching ray to cast icestorm, however, has made gameplay feel sooooooooooo much smoother, it's actually crazy. I'm not sure if dps is lower than that of self cast, but I'm going ahead with CWC anyway as gameplay is just way smoother (I really didn't like being rooted to the spot while casting icestorm).

My computer's pretty shit, so I went down to unwavering stance to avoid stupid deaths. I also took mastermind of discord instead of shaper of desolation. Currently sitting at about 8.7k ES and 4k icestorm dps without golems and pendulum buff. Here's my gear.

Spoiler

Once again, thanks for the awesome guide! As someone who doesn't have enough knowledge about the game to come up with his own builds, guides like yours really help me enjoy the game a lot more. Stay awesome!

Hey Tidusx1609

I am glad you enjoy my build, and I can understand some people like to use unwavering stance, and with a laggy computer, it is definitly a safer choice. May i ask, are you using a selfmade version of mine with UW or my beta tree of unwavering stance + mastermind? Because I would love some feedback on that tree, since I havn't tested it myself.

Stay awesome mate!

Hey Mathoddie

Originally I was using the tree with shaper of desolation, but i decided to remove some ES nodes to path down to unwavering stance instead. I don't think my tree would be the same as your beta tree. I can say that I am wrecking things all the way up to t13 so far. I've also killed 4/5 of the breachlords without any hassle at all, just using the appropriate flasks for each encounter. I could remove black sun crest for a 300+ ES helm to get about 10k ES, but i feel like i have enough survivability to get away with it for now.

**UPDATE**
Uploaded video of Guardian of the Minotaur
Updated my current gear
- I am heading to bed guys, gonna respond to the missed comments tomorrow evening.
Night night and stay safe!
how do you run discipline, warlord's mark and arctic armour, am I missing something?
"
BGOHHH wrote:
how do you run discipline, warlord's mark and arctic armour, am I missing something?

You're missing Reduce Reserve nodes if I had to guess.
"
BGOHHH wrote:

35+35+25=95%...
Just finished reading the musings of a mad genius. Stay awesome, and keep us updated please.
So i'm level 71 right now and still being stunned quite often. I read the stun tab but don't really understand it because this is my first CI character ever.

"Aslong as you have 1 ES (and since you are CI, you will always have 1 ES, otherwise you will be dead) you will have 50 % chance to avoid stuns. This is our core defense."

Where does the 50% come from?

Also, how rare is the boot enchant because i need that too.
How am I supposed to stay alive while leveling? You don't pick up any life nodes and you barely pick up any ES nodes either.
Looking at your post and something catches my eye : How did you get to 4.7k tooltip damage with your level 72 gear ? I have gear that is as good or better than yours (at level 72) and my tooltip unbuffed doesn't even break 3k, I did do some change in the pathing to get to vaal pact faster but that doesn't explain a 60% damage difference...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info