[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

3.1 Shaper video up. Guide fully updated for 3.1.

https://youtu.be/B0KfqZBk6js
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 24, 2017, 2:50:08 PM
Just started mapping with this build. Dumped about 2 ex into it, lvl 71 atm and even low level maps feel extremely dangerous at capped resist and 4.2k life with a belly. Do I just need to spend like 10 ex to make this build viable? The leech feels way too low to sustain, and no defensive abilities. What am I missing? Why vaal pact when most of the damage is elemental?
Hey,

What do you think about Rat's Nest in this build?
Additionally I run Blood Rage on bossess to maximalize damage output.

Unfortunately my damage is still not as good as it should be, however I don't have any idea what change next

Last edited by fr33c3l on Dec 25, 2017, 9:15:09 AM
"
schellinky wrote:
Just started mapping with this build. Dumped about 2 ex into it, lvl 71 atm and even low level maps feel extremely dangerous at capped resist and 4.2k life with a belly. Do I just need to spend like 10 ex to make this build viable? The leech feels way too low to sustain, and no defensive abilities. What am I missing? Why vaal pact when most of the damage is elemental?

Level 71 is really low though you should be power clearing t1 maps with the amount of gear you have - though you should switch mirage archer with ICS. Are you trying to play too offensively without even vaal pact taken perhaps? This is not pre 3.1 where you can stand and face leech content without fear of death anymore. Generally you should be one shotting packs before they can even touch you, additionally, I would suggest a rare boot until your build is perfectly optimized before going into trails.

Not sure what VP and elemental damage have to do together. You really need that last frenzy charge. You can also unspec out of vitality void for blood drinker.

Is the issue you that you feel squishy or the issue more so are clearing slowly?

"
fr33c3l wrote:
Hey,

What do you think about Rat's Nest in this build?
Additionally I run Blood Rage on bossess to maximalize damage output.

Unfortunately my damage is still not as good as it should be, however I don't have any idea what change next

You can unspec all the nodes including and up to vitality void and put it into blood drinker and jewel sockets instead - I've updated the tree to reflect that the added leech from the leech cluster is not needed. PoB lists dps as 1.3 million where is respectable considering you only have 2 jewels taken on the tree. Basically, the best builds will aim to get as many reasonably placed jewel sockets as possible because jewels provide more power per point investment than most passive points.

Diamond rings are ideal for the build and add only a minor amount of damage - miracle circle can get a lot more dps affixes, the other one is one fine. You can master craft damage on your amulet. Rat's nest gives you mroe final dps in theory but costs a lot of life/resists which you need to make up elsewhere which means less dps elsewhere. It could work, but I don't think its a very good item for this build if the goal is the maximize life pool.

Exactly what content are you doing that you feel damage is lacking on? 1.5 million dps is enough to comfortably do shaper who only needs to lose 5 million health to get pushed to the next phase,

1:14 minute minotaur run:
https://youtu.be/cC7aVFNQSB0
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 26, 2017, 2:05:03 PM
Made some progress now getting into mid tier maps after some gear upgrades and passive tree rework. Thanks for the tips.
Mind if I ask what your tooptip dps is and/or can you make your character public?
"
schellinky wrote:
Mind if I ask what your tooptip dps is and/or can you make your character public?

In game dps is really meaningless especially for things like elemental penetration. use PoB to asses relative dps.

With that said, my dps with full frenzy charges is 78/72 barrage/LA dps using lightless.
In the video of minotaur run, u choice Shroud of the Lightless taken the place of Belly, is this buddy armour better than Belly?
"
SneakyTurt1e wrote:
In the video of minotaur run, u choice Shroud of the Lightless taken the place of Belly, is this buddy armour better than Belly?

It is about 14% more dps at the loss of 400 life completely preference at that point. I have the PoB code for both in the main post if you want to examine both.
Hey OP i got like 50 exalts to spend and i also got dying sun ready so i was wondering if its enough to make this build dps wise as close like in your videos? also what is this build life leech source?
Last edited by NukeFonKillazz on Dec 27, 2017, 11:55:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info