Content Update 2.5.0 Launch Summary

For better or worse, as one of those new users (this is my first actual season opening), this is my feedback:

1. The launch was fairly smooth. I still have (first-world) display problems with the launcher in 4K resolution.

2. The 64-bit client is much less stable than the 32-bit, as the 64-bit client has dropped me to desktop and from game on several occasions.

3. I'm still blaming this on my lack of skill, although coming from Diablo (1, 2 and ... gulp, 3), I don't completely suck - but breaches are very difficult to maintain open long enough to get much progress. I'm running an Iron Commander build, and have just hit the three totem threshold at 50, but it seems I'm always faced with a choice: Stay in the breach and get overwhelmed, or play on one end of the breach and have it close early because there isn't enough mob density. I think I'd like to ask for a lower sustained damage/kill coefficient, especially at lower levels, but I also know that I don't know enough to justify that request from a broader community perspective.

4. I'm amazed at how fast some folks can level, as I've probably put 20 hours in this season and I'm still only at 51. I saw the achievement notices for folks hitting 20 when I hit level 10, and folks hitting 40, then 50 while I was just getting to 20. Once again, new player observation that only reinforces to me how much I have to learn.

5. The bottom line is that I'm having fun, and that's what matters. I'm never going to be a 1%er, but I think I'll comfortably be a 5%er at some point. I often make up for skill and talent with perseverance, time, and stubbornness.

6. It will be a long, long time before I even think of playing hardcore. The random deaths for me in this game are so frequent, and the boss mechanics are completely new, to the point where if playing hardcore, I'd want to be so overlevel for them it's pitiful. ;-)

Anyway, that's my two cents. When in doubt, read #5 and move along. ;-)
I am supper happy with the launch so far.

This is the first league in recent memory that I did not have many many problems with disconnects and crashes. I did have one memorable crash. I alt tabbed to look at my currently used filter and when I swapped back there was a crash message I didn't pay attention to.

The DX11 and 64bit client (so far) run very smooth with my particular setup.

The league mechanics are fun, even though I have only made it to cruel on one of my new characters due to a lack of play time available on my end.

The info about optimizing filters is nice and I like my new filter.

So far so good! Nice work GGG et al.
KUDOS!
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Last edited by Paion on Dec 5, 2016, 12:46:56 PM
Great job on this league and it's launch.

I haven't enjoyed a league this much in awhile!
As a seasoned player I really like the difficulty of the breaches.
The mechanics are so much more fun then I expected!

Thanks GGG for making my favourite game even better!
Use a loot filter (I recommend Neversink). Also, disable 'Key Pickup' in the game options.[/quote]

TYVM.
"
Daiena wrote:
As for the issue with black screen etc,i am quite sure that after dozens of topics with tens of pages with people reporting the same issue - they got the message. Usually stuff like that gets fixed rather quickly,unless it's something slightly more complex,which means it might take longer than usual.
What good would it do to you if they came out and said ''We are trying to fix it,no eta''
If acknowledgment of existence is what you are after,you might wanna turn to your parents for that.
Considering the performance issues with breaches them selves (have seen people lagg,drop to single digit frames and dc on twitch streams) and few other possible tweaks that might be coming within a week or maybe even sooner - you might want to hold back on the drama,and just wait and see what happens.

The insulting tone is highly unappreciated, and today we just found out that, yes, for all intents and purposes, we WERE being ignored. One user fixed it in one day taking it from the angle GGG should have been handling all along - from the program itself. He didn't even have source code, while the GGG programmers do, yet he was able to achieve this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

Quite simply, the programmer assigned this failed miserably at his job. There's no other way to look at it. This was, from the documented fix, a very simple issue. There is no excuse for not at least getting a temporary fix patched in in the meantime. With how we were treated, we have every right to be upset.

This is serious hall of shame material for any company and everyone affected is due a public apology.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Playing happily... but I really have no clue as to what's going on with the breach stuff. Kills stuff before the timer runs out. Some new stuff drops. Doesn't really seem to be much to it other than that.
Poetrade is half-dead, still no trading improvement, mess. Other than that it's better than ever.
Great job guys!!! Absolutely the smoothest launch I have ever experienced!!! Still not one kick out back to a login screen or desktop outstanding!!!

Big Kudos GGG for the DX11 and 64bit client (so far) runs very smooth with my particular setup, not one complaint.

The Breach's are fun and challenging!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!! :)
Last edited by Gamr23 on Dec 5, 2016, 9:35:51 PM
I would love to hear an explanation from a GGG dev sometime as to why it is so difficult to implement D2-style melee in this game.

Basically, you right-click to run, and if an enemy is in range, you attack him automatically with the attack skill bound to your R-click. This allows you to kind of run in to enemies you want to attack, and is much more intuitive and less frustrating than name-locking or having to hit shift every time.

Or, if it is possible to do this and the decision was made not to, I would love to hear an explanation as to why.

Thank you!
Wash your hands, Exile!
I'm not going watch some youtube streamer's videos. Want that your new content was watched/acknowledged, GGG? Do it by yourself instead. Very unprofessional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info