Here is the upgraded version of The Halcyon!

"
Nssheepster wrote:

Also, you forgot Iron Reflexes, and the Ezomyte helm. XD

You can use Blind with Iron Reflexes just fine. Iron Reflexes doesn't remove Evasion as a mechanic, it just removes all your Evasion Rating, which is totally different in this context. You're right about Ezomyte Peak, though.

And the main reason people don't use Blind Support is that it's 10% chance at all gem levels. That's really low if your utility skill doesn't Hit a lot.

Another reason people don't use Blind Support is that it just isn't well known. Streamers don't use it, so forum posters barely even know it exists. I use Blind on my defensive CwDT setups just fine, and it helps survivability quite a bit.

Blind is very strong. But like nearly all defenses in PoE, it has its limitations. It can only ever apply to Attacks, so it has no effect on Spells, Damage over Time, or Secondary damage.

Kongming's Strategem is another underrated item that allows Blind to protect you from Spells as well, especially if you use Fortify and some other "reduced damage taken," usually from an Ascendancy class.

EDIT: Another important fact to keep in mind is that Evasion "double dips" against Critical Strike chance. Many people don't know that for an Attack to land a Critical Strike, it must pass a second Chance to Hit check (one that is fully pseudorandom rather than entropic/periodic, as normal Chance to Hit is). If it fails that check, the Hit is an ordinary Hit, and not a Critical Strike. So, comparing a Blinded Attacker to a non-Blinded Attacker, it takes four times as many Hit attempts on average to land a Critical Strike. You can also think of this as 75% Less {Chance to Receive a Crit Given Only that the Enemy has Attempted an Attack}.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 2, 2016, 1:21:03 AM
I stand..Er, sit...Corrected. I was under the impression Iron Reflexes converted your Evasion to Armor, and then prevented Evasion entirely.

I do stand by my opinion on Blind, and the Amulet. I will gladly buy and use The Halycon on any cold build, but I will never waste my time or currency Blessing it.

...Or, maybe I'll just make a Star of Wraeclast for my league starter. It might be cheaper, I'll have to see.

- Sheepster
Well, star of wraeclast isn't exactly expensive. It just takes a lot of time to make.
As for this amulet... aside from the blind... howdoes the "chill enemy for 1 sec when hit" work is it like arctic armour the he gets chilled for hitting you or does it cause all your hits to chill?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info