[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

No i saw your video and i am using the covenant chest the problem with that is that as you are using a blood magic skill your energy shield does not regen.
Kikos maybe you can help me understand - why is this dagger doing more dps than the sceptre? I expected the sceptre to be an upgrade but the dagger gives the mines 50 more dps and I don't understand why.
My character is Boiling_the_Ocean. Thank you!

"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Kikos maybe you can help me understand - why is this dagger doing more dps than the sceptre? I expected the sceptre to be an upgrade but the dagger gives the mines 50 more dps and I don't understand why.
My character is Boiling_the_Ocean. Thank you!

I believe it is because your scepter doesnt have spell dmg and the dagger has higher flat ele dmg to spells mod
IGN: WhatPullOutGame
Thanks for the reply!
Regarding attack in place, I found these old instructions and they worked perfectly:
Go to your options page.

Input tab.

Go to 'Attack in Place' (shift default) and reasign it to a Num Pad key. An easy example would be 0 on Num Pad.

Save

Your Attack in Place is now bound to Num Pad 0

Hold down Num Pad 0, with it held down now press Num Lock. With both held down now release Num Pad 0 first then release Num Lock.

This should have toggled your attack in place to on.

You might need to try it a couple of times as your key may have been toggled to the secondary function.

Note, if you have special mouse keys assigned you might just need to press Num Lock alone afterwards to return them from, say arrow up to N3 if your actions changed their function.

The on toggle will remain through alt-tabs, zone changes, character changes and even log in screen. It is only reset if you actually close the game or manually reset it with the same actions that set it.

From this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1696359
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Regarding attack in place, I found these old instructions and they worked perfectly:
Go to your options page.

Input tab.

Go to 'Attack in Place' (shift default) and reasign it to a Num Pad key. An easy example would be 0 on Num Pad.

Save

Your Attack in Place is now bound to Num Pad 0

Hold down Num Pad 0, with it held down now press Num Lock. With both held down now release Num Pad 0 first then release Num Lock.

This should have toggled your attack in place to on.

You might need to try it a couple of times as your key may have been toggled to the secondary function.

Note, if you have special mouse keys assigned you might just need to press Num Lock alone afterwards to return them from, say arrow up to N3 if your actions changed their function.

The on toggle will remain through alt-tabs, zone changes, character changes and even log in screen. It is only reset if you actually close the game or manually reset it with the same actions that set it.

From this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1696359

Im confused...What exactly does this do?
Last edited by Mulatto11 on Mar 9, 2017, 12:15:34 AM
Allows you to use mine by pressing a button instead of shift + button. Makes the gameplay smoother and faster.
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Allows you to use mine by pressing a button instead of shift + button. Makes the gameplay smoother and faster.

Ohhhhhh! So I can just right click and itll plant w/o moving?!?!

If so thats amazing
Hey, good morning,

"
Ruination1337 wrote:
thanks for the fast reply kiko, i change my privacy settings... and yes i know the recipe and have to do it soon :D and its not your fault, i should know when we play with PC, that the Alira PC thingy is must have..

Greetings

Ok so your wand is decent but yes I would change to a dagger with tons of crit or a sceptre with crit , whatever weapon you take you still want to have elemental damage to spells on it.

There are 3 important nodes in the tree you still need to spec into. The annihilation wheel @ witch.
It gives you a lot of crit. You should also get a diamond flask. And maybe, since you are softcore, you could replace temp chains for assassins mark. That way you have nonstop full power charges which is - as soon as you did the recipe on alira - another 200% crit.

Another thing is that you have close to no crit multiplier. Whenever you had to decide between crit multi and crit chance you took chance. I think you should change that in the clusters you have skilled.

"
crispyexcal wrote:
Sorry if i missed it on the guide but what are the most important stats on a weapon?

Ele dmg to spells > (crit chance / crit multi)* > %spelldmg / %firedmg / %eledmg > cast speed

*is ofc useless as long as you don' t fully switch to crit

"
Yatunic wrote:
No i saw your video and i am using the covenant chest the problem with that is that as you are using a blood magic skill your energy shield does not regen.

Ok I think I see what you did there, that is pretty clever. But does it really work like that.
Or maybe I just did not understand.

So your ES is on your Mana bar, and when you get hit - it drains 30% of dmg you take from your es right - but you still pay with life as mana cost?

"
LadyLoriana wrote:

Awesome I'll test it out :D . My little finger already hurts a bit from nonstop pressing shift while planting mines.

By the way, as Mulatto11 said, the dagger is better mainly because of the highe ele dmg to spells. Ele dmg to spells is a beast for us.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 9, 2017, 1:49:29 AM
I was reading your gearing options and noticed in your gearing options you stated that a +1 curse ammy is the ideal option for the extra curse...HOWEVER doing that would actually be the worst option as it totally voids out the properties of the Volls helm which states the %life + regen is only activated if there are NO corrupted items equipped. The +1 Curse Ammy is corrupted. Just a heads up :D

Edit: I only post this in the hopes someone whos playing this build doesnt try and get a +1 curse ammy or waste currency getting one

Also: Now with these changes using Covenant etc. and since you can essentially spam mines is it possible to now farm uber lab etc?
Last edited by Mulatto11 on Mar 9, 2017, 2:15:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info