Another upcoming Breach Unique!

To be honest I will freely admit to being shit when it comes to building a decent character - i generally stick with meta builds.

But..

I really think that Cospris malice, used with a crit lacerate or blade flurry and this amulet will work, especially if your stacking in frost bombs and cold snaps.

I could be wrong but id like to try it anyways.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Last league I started with this Frost-Elemental-Witch useing Frostbold as main attack and Vortex. Worked like a charm even with my bad equip. I was able to freez everything until UBAR-Lab Izaro and T15+ map bosses. They just have .. to .. much .. live ;).

And I don't belive, that it is posible to get enough damage/hit to freez them. Even if it would be posible I am sure GGG would make them hard-imun. A perma frozen Shaper would simply be to trivial (and boring).

Maybe with the new Wand and Amulet ... don't know. And I never had the luck to 6-link my staff or body.

UBER-Lab is for sure farmeble with a cold-caster! I'm just to stupid to move/react ... not the chars fail ;).
Couldn't the cold problem easily be solved by reworking chill mechanics ?

1. Nothing in game is immune to chill

2. Chill can only be applied by cold skills - critical hits with cold damage from skills without the cold tag can freeze but won't chill ( Herald of Ice might need further adjustments so that not any non cold skill build with some amount of freeze chance can reliably chill )

3. Any cold skill that happens to hit its freeze chance will chill for a minimum amount of time ( maybe 2 or 3 seconds ) independant of damage dealt in relation to monster life

4. Cold skills deal x% more damage against chilled enemies when they trigger their freeze chance ( again ) Edit : Or penetrate cold resistance as the upgraded version of the amulet does

5. Adjust chill ( potentially slightly reduce its effect ) so that perma chilling does not trivialize bosses

6. Freeze mechanics ( including immunities ) could stay as they are

That way freeze immunity on bosses could stay as is ( since as Schakar wrote, a perma frozen Shaper wouldnt be much of a challenge ) but cold skills would have their unique perk even against freeze immune / huge HP monsters. Perma chill shouldnt be game breaking and could give cold builds a meaning ( unlike only maximum damage being meaningful ).

It would even make sense - a cold skill hitting an enemy covered in an icy ( chilled ) cover freezing it even further would make it suffer from even more pain.

Edit : What I suggested is actually almost exactly what the upgraded version of the amulett does - I think it should be a core mechanic of cold skills though, hopefully this is just a test how it works out to be implemented for all cold skills one day. The cold penetration against chilled enemies is actually a pretty nice way to implement the more damage against chilled enemies I suggested.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Dec 1, 2016, 8:55:28 PM
Does this mean I can go back to creating my Freezer miner build again. Will this freeze lock rares and unique bosses?
not sur how is this better than rares :S

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info