@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

"
tackle70 wrote:
GGG will never explain this because it makes no sense. It's a fundamentally irrational balance move.

If they have no reason, they should revert the change to Mjolner's cd. That's my dream scenario for the outcome of this thread.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
tackle70 wrote:
GGG will never explain this because it makes no sense. It's a fundamentally irrational balance move.

Yup. If they try to explain the nerf, they will realize that they made another mistake.
I would also like a simple answer.
Censored.
bump - the longer GGG struggles to give an explanation for this unnecessary nerf, the more I get motivated to not let this thread die...
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
"
bump - the longer GGG struggles to give an explanation for this unnecessary nerf, the more I get motivated to not let this thread die...

My conviction to quit the game entirely is steadily growing. I've lived through several nerfs before. My chaos-storm witch ate the dirt. But it was ok, I reworked it to just be a better fire based Firestorm witch. That nerf was still dumb, but I lived through it. But this... GGG shitting on the finished product of years of me fine tuning my favorite build, especially when it wasn't even powerful offensively at all to begin with... I demand settlement.

I could play any of my other characters. I have plenty of other builds. But it won't be the same and my favorite is gone. You don't do this to your fanbase.
I'll never use that character again, but still I would like to know why.

I know some players that used mjolner discharge builds for over 3 years. It probably sux to be them atm. :/
"
SupaMF wrote:
I'll never use that character again, but still I would like to know why.

I know some players that used mjolner discharge builds for over 3 years. It probably sux to be them atm. :/

I'm one of them (played exclusively mjolner discharge for over 2 years), and the thing that sucks is that there was no need for this. Mjolner was maybe a bit too strong pre-2.4 but it was in a good spot in 2.4. It required expensive gear and a lot of investment in gems and passive tree to be good. It rewarded knowledge of many different character building mechanics. It was just a solid endgame build that didn't exploit flavor of the month imbalances from GGG.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 13, 2016, 1:57:10 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:

afaik, it's because their servers still cry at the prospect of the amount of spell casts so they simply reduced server load.
"
soulpoetry wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

afaik, it's because their servers still cry at the prospect of the amount of spell casts so they simply reduced server load.

I have no problem if this is the case, but they should have buffed damage output to compensate. I mean shit... they could slap "triggered skills do 100% more damage" onto Mjolner and it would still be doing LESS damage output than before.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
soulpoetry wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

It would be idiotic to release Blade Flurry and Cast while Channeling if they still struggle with serverload.... and on top of that, how could the game even run on their servers before the CoC cooldown increase and the first iteration of nerfs for Mjolner with 2.4?
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Last edited by Noooberino on Dec 5, 2016, 10:28:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info