@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

I have a life based Kingsguard + rf + Mjölner discharge build:

Before 2.4:
Too strong, and that was becuase of Unrelenting and the uncapped proc rate.

With 2.4:
Pretty strong, unrelenting got nerfed and the proc rate got lowered to a resonable amount.

With 2.5:
Very weak, unrelenting is still nerfed and the proc rate got nerfed into the ground.

I killed Voll in dried lake, and even with rf on it was painfully slow.

I honestly think it need to go back to 100ms CD, unless of course a T1 unique is supposed to be vendor trash.

Its Rochendil if you want to look it up (maybe you think I did the build wrong, and that why its now bad).
Still sane exile?
Last edited by Skizo on Dec 5, 2016, 11:05:33 AM
I can't believe their servers would cry about this and nothing else. If that is the case, GGG, it would be nice to hear it from you instead of listening to speculation.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I can't believe their servers would cry about this and nothing else. If that is the case, GGG, it would be nice to hear it from you instead of listening to speculation.

Meanwhile BV was crashing instances yesterday with 20 stacks. :)
"
Emphasy wrote:

"
Again Cospris was solely made for discharge - check the meta in breach in around 3 weeks. For viable endgame mapping those spells like freeze pulse or frostbolt etc just dont cut it if you compare it to a discharge cospris.

Have you read the design post? It was made for cold spells, exspecially the ones creating chilled ground or areas. [...]

Uh yeah but i also did something more effective - I have spoken to LostArtz via PM who created this item for 1000$ - he confirmed it was created for whirlwind discharge builds.
i Thinking about this nerf and i found something funny

As we know Cast while Channelling has 0.35 spell cooldown on lv20 but 0.30 on lv 30 and we know two Uniques receive this nerf also 0.30/2=0.150

Mjonler and Malice before nerf 0.100 and after nerf 0.250 also 0.100+0.150=0.250 I don't think this is a coincidence., also knee-jerk reaction to save servers

But problem is that GGG not even bother yourself testing Mjolner after this nerf and compensate lost DPS (Sorry for my English)

PS: GGG we waiting for your respond
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Dec 5, 2016, 9:06:46 PM
"
Noooberino wrote:
"
soulpoetry wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I would also like a simple answer.

afaik, it's because their servers still cry at the prospect of the amount of spell casts so they simply reduced server load.

It would be idiotic to release Blade Flurry and Cast while Channeling if they still struggle with serverload.... and on top of that, how could the game even run on their servers before the CoC cooldown increase and the first iteration of nerfs for Mjolner with 2.4?

BF - idk but i guess if multistrike was fine, people have got to stupid attack speeds before but with mjolner all the attacks comes with casting spells too.

CwC - has a big CD from the get go, its like 0.35s at 20 or something, which is like 3 spells/sec while mjolner now can do 4, previously 10.

also there were less players back then, and mjolner was really expensive still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Skizo wrote:
I have a life based Kingsguard + rf + Mjölner discharge build:

Before 2.4:
Too strong, and that was becuase of Unrelenting and the uncapped proc rate.
It was OP for another reason actually: you could trigger two of the same spell at the same time (ie 2x Discharge). This combined with Unrelenting resulted in an extremely powerful situation. Uncapped proc rate was 'balanced' by not 100% chance to trigger. It was also pretty strong that you could trigger more than one spell per hit.

With 2.4:
Pretty strong, unrelenting got nerfed and the proc rate got lowered to a resonable amount.
I would say it was fair to underpowered in 2.4 given the amount of investment needed to make it work. IMO Unrelenting could have been the same in 2.4 (ie 100%) and the item still would have been fair. Double discharge is now gone.

With 2.5:
Very weak, unrelenting is still nerfed and the proc rate got nerfed into the ground.

I killed Voll in dried lake, and even with rf on it was painfully slow.

I honestly think it need to go back to 100ms CD, unless of course a T1 unique is supposed to be vendor trash.

Its Rochendil if you want to look it up (maybe you think I did the build wrong, and that why its now bad).

Thanks for your feedback to this thread!

My thoughts on your stuff in bold.

Thanks to everyone for (hopefully) bringing this to the attention of the devs so we get an answer!

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I never complain about stuff (well not much). But this time it seems rather ridiculous.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I never complain about stuff (well not much). But this time it seems rather ridiculous.

It just makes me not want to play the game anymore. If a build which requires a lot of investment for mediocre payoff (compared to whatever the flavor of the month builds are) gets nerfed through the floor, why the actual fuck should I bother making builds which I hope to play for longer than 3 months?

It's just fucking stupid.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 5, 2016, 10:05:52 PM
"
why the actual fuck should I bother making builds which I hope to play for longer than 3 months?

Not to mention the time invest in leveling. Hint, hint, GGG, the first 45ish levels of the game are ABYSMALLY BORING. And after you get to 65ish you have that initial period of getting the gear together, so there's more time/cost/investment. Why play at all if you're going to invest in something that's subject to GGG's long history of irrational, nonsensical balance changes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info