Master the Breach

"
Seriously people?? Any resistance over 75% at any time is the "uncapped" resist! You are in Merc. and you have 170% lightning resistance, 35% of that is "uncapped"!

No as Mark said everyone is correct.. It basically goes by your TOTAL Resists or the number beside your 75% Capped resist. So yeah.. The more light res you stack the more CRIT you stack... And i imagine it also goes by the number beside your 75% res and dependant on the difficulty as well. So your HO total won't be what it goes by but the total when in merci.

All i can say is the patch notes are going to be pretty interesting or something.. Pathfinder RIP..

Or balance has officially been given up on...

Hope that secondary proc on crit has an ICD. Because i cant imagine a build running the ammy not having 95% Crit Chance... And Assassin will be pointless as long as pathfinder exists in the same game as this ammy in its current state.. So i imagine the patch notes will shed quite a bit of light on such items being presented to the game.. Well see.

"
Crimsonyd wrote:
"
ihasmario wrote:
As people previously mentioned - uncapped is too unclear.

The purpose of language is to communicate, and if you are failing to do so, then you ought to change the language.
"Uncapped" is extremely clear. English is not my native language but I still got it.

No the reason its not clear is because why is there no other drawback what so ever? Just stack lightning res as much as possible and cap the shit out crit with no other real investment.. OR any other drawback other than using the ammy slot for it? No Diamond Rings, No Diamond Flask, VINKTAR'S??, Pathfinder considering flask effect also effects the inital +50 a Topaz gives which in this case is just more crit.. As if Vinktar's doesn't give enough in a single flask.

I mean it just makes little sense compared to most items with strong ability's which typically have a history of a trade off.. Power at a price. Which here clearly is little to no trade off what so ever. Just wear the ammy and stack light res for free GLOBAL Crit..
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 28, 2016, 4:59:26 AM
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Could someone from GGG please tell us how well slower builds will do in breach league?
Like, can we even complete breaches? Can we even reach the breach lords in time to fight them. Can we get enough fragments to open breachrealms(with lower dps chars). Things like that.

Because I want to play a summoner in breach, and would like to know if I even should.

Yes. All you need to do breach perfectly is decent damage and moving at least as fast as breach circle expands. But fight with Chaos BL will be not comfortable for summoner (probably with Phys one too).

Thanks for the answer, the dps and speed minimum has/had me kinda worried.
"
Demonoz wrote:
No the reason its not clear is because why is there no other drawback what so ever?

It is unclear because the sentence is missing a subject (your). In the case of "your uncapped lightning res", there is a specific mention of who it applies to, where it applies and an implication of how it functions. Arguably your total uncapped or your total lightning res would be clearer.

"uncapped lightning res" on it's own however, has a number of potential meanings.
1. Res - (75 + difficulty modifier). Wherein the "uncapped" lightning res is that which is unused.
2. The opposite to the above, wherein it uses 75 - (Res + difficulty modifier), and uses how far off you are from the cap (as in the resistance itself is literally "uncapped").
3. Crit is increased by an unspecified amount by having uncapped resistance (eg 74% res would provide an unspecified bonus)

I'm sure I could come up with some more but these are the most obvious. Obviously the most glaring potential for misinterpretation is that uncapped is correctly seen as synonymous for non-capped.

The item ought to be reworded and they really ought to stipulate GLOBAL critical strike chance.

Stop defending your shit team GGG
Last edited by ihasmario on Nov 28, 2016, 6:02:37 AM
Another league that I will certainly NOT PLAY !!! Completely fake in my opinion. You will see.

Please GGG stop trying to pull misteryes boxs again !!!
Last edited by Treufeldt on Nov 28, 2016, 7:00:34 AM
With this Vaal Breach you just get a nice location and farm breachlords? Can you open it multiple times at the same map? If you cant then the gem is totaly broken since you can just buy one highest tier map and have an endless stream of monsters for free.

Edit: Just realized it's Vaal Gem. Still it's a lot of free exp.
IGN: MegaSplasz
Last edited by Jaari on Nov 28, 2016, 7:28:09 AM
Can somebody please clarify, if not GGG, i am in Merciless highgate and my lightning resistance says 75/50, would that mean that i will have increased global crit chance by 25%? from the sound of "uncapped" to me means the resistance thats is under capped yes? now if thats the case then that would just apply to lightning coil cause only with the coil you will not be light res capped.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Commoble wrote:
If your resistance on your character sheet reads 75% (120%), then your uncapped resistance is 120%. It's what your resistance would be if it didn't have the 75% cap applied to it. That's literally what "Uncapped" means. Not capped. Without the cap. What your resistance would be if the cap didn't exist.

Changing it to "overcapped" resistance would increase confusion, not reduce it. If your character sheet says 75% (120%), you're 45% over the cap, or overcapped by 45%. People would think it'd use the 45% for the unique effect.
This is correct on both counts. Both Uncapped and Overcapped (when it's used, which may not be in 2.5.0) will have reminder text explaining them in-game when you hold the modifier key - we considered the reminder text system necessary to introduce these mechanics, to avoid player confusion when using the items.

Mark knows.

Mark did answer.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
So, to clarify for those who obviously don't read all the thread and keep asking the same question again and again:

If, for example, your lightning resistance is 75(120), you'll have

OVERCAPPED VALUE: equal to 120 - 75 = 45%
UNCAPPED VALUE: equal to 120%, simple as that

The unique amulet SPECIFIES that you have increased Crit chance equal to your UNCAPPED lightning resistance. It means, in our example, that you'll have 120% increased crit chance. There's no known items that uses OVERCAPPED value of any resistance to do anything; if there will be one in the future, it will have to SPECIFY that it uses the OVERCAPPED value and not the UNCAPPED one.

Correct me if I've said something wrong, though I think i haven't.

Last edited by LewsTherin on Nov 28, 2016, 8:33:05 AM
2.5.0 Path of Jesus Please >.>
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
wow,new vaal gem,nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info