[2.5] Low Life Guardian Righteous Fire

"
SASIAK wrote:
How much budget do you need to think about this build?

Mandatory unique for this build would be

Shavronne's Wrapping - +/- 2.5ex (non linked)
Ephemeral Edge Dusk Sword - (+/- 1c for 47% ES to +/- 1ex for 50% ES)

Budget version you can consider using Rise of The Phoenix Shield (+/ -1c)
The Vertex Vaal Mask (+/- 9c)
Steppan Eard Sorcerer Boots (+/- 20c)
Rare rings and amu with flat ES and ES% (+/- 5c - 30c)

So your starting budget would be around 4ex or so
hi, i just wanted to know what skill you used to lvl up this build :D thanks in advance
"
lordmatrix3 wrote:
hi, i just wanted to know what skill you used to lvl up this build :D thanks in advance

i use freezing pulse and flame totem
Hey, I'm currently looking to level a RF guardian and was comparing a few different build ideas. Could you tell us what tooltip your RF shows? They all scale RF pretty much the same way, so I think thats ok to compare.

Also 20k ES? That alone is enough reason to play something this ridiculous.
"
Rakschas666 wrote:
Hey, I'm currently looking to level a RF guardian and was comparing a few different build ideas. Could you tell us what tooltip your RF shows? They all scale RF pretty much the same way, so I think thats ok to compare.

Also 20k ES? That alone is enough reason to play something this ridiculous.

RF doesn't have tooltip to show and you need to do the calculation yourself. There are tools to calculate, google "Proper up to date RF calculator(Lathanian's Poe v2.5.2 Public)".

I calculated mine was close to 900k dps without vaal discipline and 1.2m dps with vaal discipline.
Hi,
i have one question: since you are basically using a 4L in your chest did you consider using an essence of horror helm/essence of delirium gloves for the 30% MORE RF damage?
"
Rager88 wrote:
Hi,
i have one question: since you are basically using a 4L in your chest did you consider using an essence of horror helm/essence of delirium gloves for the 30% MORE RF damage?

i did consider using delirium helm but it's hard to get high ES roll and also spam crafting essence of delirium is not cheap. You will have a higher dps but lower ES roll unless you are lucky to roll a 400+ es helm / 250 es glove with it.

To be honest, my dps is considered very high already, any extra dps is a bonus
You can use the essence gloves instead, and slot RF in that. Gloves provide much less ES, and unless you wanted to use the insanity essence gloves for movement then you're not really losing anything on the gloves. It's not too dificult to roll a 120es essence glove.
"
kritzzberg wrote:

I calculated mine was close to 900k dps without vaal discipline and 1.2m dps with vaal discipline.

My post may sound negative. I apologize in advance for this. However, I have some serious questions that are not complimentary.

Your build is nearly identical to several others. While that is not necessarily a bad thing (Many builds that do similar things will be similar) it does present some questions as to why you have chosen certain things over others for comparison purposes. I would ask why you ignored the growth and decay wheel, the life regeneration pathway at the templar start (points 3, 4, and 5), Explosive impact at all (Especially with 2.6 coming up and AoE stacking discourages it...yes I realize this choice was made prior to area change just food for thought), 3 points in Foresight wheel over Written in Blood (17% es vs. 18%, however 17% also grants 10 strength and 12% life...I know more life = more rf burn but that's negligible in a build that never gets +hp), ignored the +1 endurance charge from Marauder start area + regen passive behind it, for more regen, and the extra point beyond Blast Radius (At this point, acquiring Blast Radius at all).

Seriously no damage skill? You claim this is because EE, however Scorching Ray does not hit, and therefore would not cause monsters to gain fire resistance. On the contrary, it would lower their fire resistance (on top of performing more damage).

Low life without any damage skill whatsoever, I understand you not taking Pain Attunement. But why >_>
Huge loss in damage potential for doing something the build is already set up to do.

Any thought about dropping IIR/IIQ from your RF and moving them into essence crafted delirium gloves, for the 30% More multiplier to your DoT? You mentioned to another poster using Essence of Insanity gloves for their version of the build, did you actually mean Delirium? Kind of a big difference.

A mana reservation calculator link? poe.mikelat - considering you are running quite a few auras and this is intended to be a guide, might be helpful for other players.

Vessel of Vinktar... shock yourself, increasing damage taken by 50% as an RF build without any skills that leech or any spells whatsoever... whatever it is you're smoking man I need to get me some of it. There are much better ways of applying shock to enemies, I would recommend dropping one of your FOUR Vaal Disciplines for 1 Vaal Lightning Trap.

I know you put Energy from Within jewels in all of the 'outer' sockets and your rare jewel in the 'Shaper' jewel socket near Scion, but your guide does not mention this. It may seem obvious to you, however you are writing a guide for players who are unfamiliar with this type of build, and it might be helpful to them. Again, other builds have written about this before, and if you're claiming to be an original build that didn't copy exactly every single skill point tree, aura, and piece of gear from those other guides, you might include your reasoning for such things.

I'm very familiar with low life rf builds in general, the rf calculator, and how fire penetration + maximum energy shield + increased vs. more multipliers work with the build. You are doing wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy less damage than 1.2 million dps. Link your calculator and I'll gladly point out where any errors in inputting numbers might be.

While these may sound like very harsh criticisms, I believe these are all points that you could cover in greater detail in your guide, some of which are quite important for players who wish to follow it to play your build. You can completely disregard these points if you wish, however I feel you would be doing a disservice to those who read about your LL RF build not to at least mention some of these.

Cheers!

*edit*
In your guide, you claim that your level 21 PoF + Empower only grants you +5 max fire resist, however you have 58% increased effect of non-curse auras cast. That would actually grant a total of +7 to Max fire resist. For calculating required values to combat RF degen etc.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Feb 28, 2017, 6:17:48 PM
what gems do you use in your helmet?

I think you should add a Vortex setup somewhere in your gear
Last edited by xSirk on Feb 28, 2017, 7:06:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info