Recently Asked Community Questions

"
Are there balance changes coming with 2.5.0? Can you give us some clues as to what will be addressed?
We can't reveal the details of many of these changes just yet but we're making small tweaks to a few systems, like melee weapon range and Essences. We'll be announcing them over the next two weeks leading up to the release of Content Update 2.5.0.

Looks like they are saying essences will be rolled into the base game.

(Noticed as I was posting the guy before me mentioned it.)
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
"
djAMPnz wrote:
"
Are there balance changes coming with 2.5.0? Can you give us some clues as to what will be addressed?
We can't reveal the details of many of these changes just yet but we're making small tweaks to a few systems, like melee weapon range and Essences. We'll be announcing them over the next two weeks leading up to the release of Content Update 2.5.0.

Looks like they are saying essences will be rolled into the base game.

(Noticed as I was posting the guy before me mentioned it.)

Of course they are. Gotta sell those (non-p2w) stash tabs!
Wash your hands, Exile!
This is a buff.
I just HAD to.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Anybody else get stoked when Rory mentioned that there will be cast when channeling in the podcast? The applications for that are going to be fantastic!

I have my eyes on a Sire of Shards Inquisitor with incinerate, freezing pulse, and ball lightning; in which incinerate procs the other two. Depending on how bad the less damage modifier on the cast when channeling ends up being, I could throw LMP in there too and hopefully not lose too much damage.

It's gonna be so sick! Monsters and demons will definitely taste my rainbow! xD
"

Hope they're going to address Blade Flurry and CI. Otherwise I predict an even bigger number of bladeflurry CI assassins than blade vortex CI/LL pathfinder this league.

I honestly dislike such narrow metas more than anything else in a game which pretends build diversity.
"
DerDave wrote:
"

Hope they're going to address Blade Flurry and CI. Otherwise I predict an even bigger number of bladeflurry CI assassins than blade vortex CI/LL pathfinder this league.

I honestly dislike such narrow metas more than anything else in a game which pretends build diversity.

Pretends build diversity?

There's a lot of solid builds out there. It's more like people just following what is shown to work for a reasonable budget and kills content. Welcome to the internet, TwitchTV and Reddit. Why spend hours making something that may fail at end-game?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I'd say the importance of players being able to wear the new cloaks and wings at the same time outweighs the additional development time it would take to make happen, especially in the future when more of these models are added.
"

To whom in may concern:

Apparent incompetence is often concealed agenda.

This game isn't a charity project. It's a honey pot.

GGG doesn't want build diversity in practice. They want players to accrue failures and to fall for the sunk costs fallacy.

The ultimate objective is to manipulate players into filling all monetized limits and then punish them for not spending in whatever ways they can think of without overtly looking like that's what they are doing. Guild membership, stash tabs, total character count, etc. (That's why in game trade will never be fixed and why it's impossible to get a list of guild members sorted by last game login date.)

Their own announcements confirm the best selling micros are stash and limit related. If you expect them to not keep doing what works for them you'll only be disappointed.

It's the same goal as everyone driven by the profit motive. The most money for the least work. (The alternative model is brain drained by the profit motive, but you can extrapolate impacts by simply imagining all code being public domain or all code being privatized.)

If they actually cared they'd give everyone access to everything and just put a big donate button in the main game menus. It would all be open source and we'd have an offline and modding community. (As per wikipedia, firefox, linux distros, etc.)

Stop believing the ad copy.

Though in fairness, I was a doe eyed believer too at one point.

P.S. I love how the very next comment was a defense of GGG. X) People love nothing more in the gaming community than arguing against their own interests.

(I don't revisit forum posts, so be advised that any reply will likely not be seen, the last word is yours.)

PM if you generally agree, I'd love to add you to my friends list. Don't defend me in public unless you just really like pointless arguments hehe.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Nov 21, 2016, 4:50:09 AM
I have a question

Will Essences be availiable in the Breach leagues?

Anybody know?
This is a very important question as some builds cant work without the essence crafted gear.
It would also be nice to know if essences will be incorporated in the main game in the future.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
GGG, you say you're tweaking essences ? Does it mean essences are going to stay in standard ?

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info