Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

"
adghar wrote:
"
This skill is actually dogshit like some of you seriously overhyped this.

when was the last time you played melee?

(or if BFlurry is dogshit, does that make Lacerate wormshit, Reave slugshit, and Heavy Strike literal toxic waste?)

Lacerate and Reave are WAY better aoe than BF, and aoe is all that matters unless you're farming Uber Atziri/Guardians/Shaper.

Yes, Bladeflurry has BONKERS dps; but that's all it has. It's utter dogshit like I_NO says for everything else. ESPECIALLY vs Breaches, you really notice how bad the AoE really is.. Hence why I rerolled Frost Blades, which is AMAZING for Breaches (you need a Skill that can hit the whole screen, and/or offscreen.)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Lacerate and Reave are WAY better aoe than BF, and aoe is all that matters unless you're farming Uber Atziri/Guardians/Shaper.

Yes, Bladeflurry has BONKERS dps; but that's all it has. It's utter dogshit like I_NO says for everything else. ESPECIALLY vs Breaches, you really notice how bad the AoE really is.. Hence why I rerolled Frost Blades, which is AMAZING for Breaches (you need a Skill that can hit the whole screen, and/or offscreen.)

And yet Nugiyen is crushing breaches with far from godlike gear ( double dreamfeather combo ), with BF.
The AOE is not amazing anymore, now it's correct, and it seems to be enough for breaches.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

We'll just ignore the part where you're summoning a totem right? And only the gem tag or the range of the skill is what matters? You can be a summoner and still be a melee build?

Technically, from a scaling perspective, of course.
You seem to be the only person here that doesn't get it, really.

And you can stop with "you're unqualified" you know, like .... you've been proven wrong every single time here, being your "predictions", or your misunderstanding of game mechanics ( attacks vs spells, flameblast, melee or not melee, etc .... ), you're just loosing more and more credibility.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 7, 2016, 11:16:35 PM
"
And yet Nugiyen is crushing breaches with far from godlike gear ( double dreamfeather combo ), with BF.
The AOE is not amazing anymore, now it's correct, and it seems to be enough for breaches.

Well there is the issue.

Reave and Lacerate need godlike gear, to do good AoE clearing, because they essentially need to oneshot every enemy. Blade Flurry is way better for AoE if you have only mediocre gear. It is incredible mobile, like all channeling skills* and has high dps. Because with Blade Flurry you might be a bit slower on spread out packs, but with Reave or Lacerate you will flat out die on a tough enemy. So you can guess which one is better. Of course in the case of Reave you can always switch them, BF Supports work well on Reave too.

* A lot of people consider Channeling Skills to be Stationary, and while this is true for Incinerate it isn't for any of the other. Exspecially not for Blade Flurry. If you are in danger you can always break the channel and reposition if you compare that with a normal Spell or a Melee attack the Cast/Attack Times are much higher and you are often using Multistrike/Spell Echo making it worse.

"
We'll just ignore the part where you're summoning a totem right? And only the gem tag or the range of the skill is what matters? You can be a summoner and still be a melee build?

What is a fucking zombie Fruz? This is the simplest shit I can possibly imagine.

There is an ENTIRE ARCHETYPE OF DIFFERENCE.

This makes you unqualified to be posting on balance issues tbh.

Maybe we should start with the simple question how is melee defined? Because right now I lack a comprehensive understanding what you feel is melee. If Blade Flurry is melee, which has tag and weapon scaling but not melee range, then there are many other skills that follow the same and one of them are actually both melee totems. Zombie isn't because Zombie doesn't scale with weapons.
"
Emphasy wrote:

* A lot of people consider Channeling Skills to be Stationary, and while this is true for Incinerate it isn't for any of the other. Exspecially not for Blade Flurry. If you are in danger you can always break the channel and reposition if you compare that with a normal Spell or a Melee attack the Cast/Attack Times are much higher and you are often using Multistrike/Spell Echo making it worse.

I was very surprised to see how smooth blade flurry was, it was totally different from the previous image of channeling spells that I had, maybe because acquiring high attack speed is done more easily than cast speed.

I was also underestimating flameblast, even though with self cast, you need to stand a bit at the same spot to have couple of iteration to hit mobs, and if they burns anad prolif the pack is as good as dead.
I guess that the AOE scaling with the channeling also plays a part there.

Pizza sticks don't have those "problems" tho ... which is why it's retarded.

Scorching ray, because of it's DoT nature makes it more stationary I think ( it doesn't leave a burning effect on the targets, right ?).

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 8, 2016, 3:36:46 AM
The thing with Flameblast and Blade Flurry is that you just release them if you have to move. The loss is marginal. Exspecially for Flameblast. You get 110% more damage, but a regular second cast would give you 100% more damage anyway. So releasing it early only makes the AoE smaller, the damage is about the same as just casting multiple times. And you hardly ever need the full AoE because its huge.

I usually charge about 4 Stacks or so when I just run around clearing and I need 0,11 second per Stage, so that isn't too bad. Blade Flurry is very similar, it outperforms almost every melee skill if you release it unstacked, so the biggest advantage for channeling it up is to precharge for bosses and in that case it is very similar to Flameblast.

I'm still not sure why this thread is going on considering that Blade Flurry did get a nerf and now has a decent popularity, even in HC, there are actually more HC chars playing with it than I would have expected so early, because it is gear driven. So I assume without the small nerfs we would have seen a few more, not to mention that it is still widely popular in Standard, not so much because of the dps and stuff but in standard players are more inclined to just use what is fun, and Blade Flurry is.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Aha! You're the one I was looking for!

What logic and/or testing did you do to compare AOE of BF vs Reave vs Lacerate vs Frost Blades? In all my tests, subjectively speaking, BFlurry has been much faster crowd clearing (better Aoe) than Reave and Lacerate.

I haven't tried Frost Blades recently, but I would be pretty surprised if it outperformed BF, Reave, or Lacerate in Breaches. Breaches are screens packed chock full of enemies, and hitting a maximum of 8 at a time doesn't seem optimal.

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Aha! You're the one I was looking for!

What logic and/or testing did you do to compare AOE of BF vs Reave vs Lacerate vs Frost Blades? In all my tests, subjectively speaking, BFlurry has been much faster crowd clearing (better Aoe) than Reave and Lacerate.

I haven't tried Frost Blades recently, but I would be pretty surprised if it outperformed BF, Reave, or Lacerate in Breaches. Breaches are screens packed chock full of enemies, and hitting a maximum of 8 at a time doesn't seem optimal.

FB beats BF for clears ya. It just has pretty poor single target so you end up spending more time on tough rares or blue packs if they are armored up. But FB (provided you link it with MS) is actually very good for clearing because of it's projectile count.

BF is good for single target but the actual targeting system is pretty poor so when you're channeling and the thing dies, it will only retarget monsters within it's line of sight. If there are none, it will simply fizzle out to thin air. FB will switch to targets with MS, so it's a lot friendlier to use.

Could be a bug or intentional, but the targeting on BF is pretty shit for the kind of skill it is. Especially compared to say EQ that just drops a radius of death around you.
Deliver pain exquisite
Seriously GGG listens to this shit and reddit.

Like what the fuck people it's not god like hey look I got my claws already
with a 6L it's not super elder god tier as all of you believed

what the fuck.

My icestorm / barrage shits on this for boss killing still.

The CLEAR SPEED ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD

FUCK.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 8, 2016, 5:02:32 AM
And sheep think these claws are worth 6 ex my group has strings on it and as usual the sheep FALL for it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
^
Dude, aren't you a bit too used to overpowered cheesing setups ?
By the way, it was OP, it has been nerfed since.
It's probably not OP anymore.

And if you have fucktons of currency, I guess top tier daggers with fucking crit will do better.

Because fucking crit, as ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info