Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
overhauled so that the skills are as good as this was before you lot got it nerfed with your bullshit.

You seem mad there.
This is so blatantly wrong it's baffling.
Dual strike would do 999 times more damage it would not matter and it would still be shit compared to all "new" OP setups that clear screens in a split second and also kill bosses efficiently.

What killed melee isn't the nerf hammer, it's the powercreep giving ranged abalities so much advantages over them without disadvantages.

And many spells will be better without gear scaling than most melee skills, no shit ?!
But you don't get the gem lvl 20 by just arriving to maps, as I mentioned earlier.
Spells surely are over attacks and definitely melee atm, the balance isn't exactly great, but some of you guys should stop exagerrating everything ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Emphasy wrote:

"
Mark of the doubting knight isn't just a terrible weapon, it's total dogshit for BF because of its insanely slow attack speed. Mark MIGHT actually work for me as a starting flicker weapon because I don't care about that, for BF it's a useless pile of shit that you should never EVER go near it. Because BF scales its damage with attack speed so much. Honestly you're better getting a shitty yellow dagger for like 1c that has less dps but higher crit and attack speed.

Actually if you get 10% more Attack Speed with BF it is exactly the same as getting 10% more melee damage. If some skill has a mod that provides more attack speed people often assume it scales better with attack speed, it doesn't. From a damage perspective Mark is pretty much the same as a low crit binos, yes it scales a lot less with outside sources like Steel Rings or Abyssus due to the low attack speed, but if you just compare the weapons the difference is a lot lower than 2ex. And I can't find a 200 dps dagger, there are two 180dps daggers, but they aren't even crit daggers (they are the block ones) and they are worse than mark. So the cheapest 1c dagger with more than 180dps you can buy is Mark. It isn't good, but the thing with BF is you don't need a good one, you just need one.

But the attack speed is exactly issue. The damage modifier of 60% and the 60% increased attack speed ALMOST cancel each other out (they don't really, but let's just pseudo-math it).

Difference is BF hits ̶t̶w̶i̶c̶e̶ four times for every one hit of reave at half the damage, 4/2 = 2 so any on-gear damage bonuses or damage from IE added chaos will be doubled if you hit something with your release strikes.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 9, 2016, 4:42:08 PM
BF is broken. Needs to be nerfed immediately. Same with Summoners, and Flameblast. They are the next up on the chopping block.

Mid league nerf might even be warranted for these skills.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Dec 9, 2016, 5:32:13 PM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
BF is broken. Needs to be nerfed immediately. Same with Summoners, and Flameblast. They are the next up on the chopping block.

Are you even paying attention to what's happening around you? Lol. Even streamers are having a terrible time with this skill now that they are forced to actually play it in a new league. This skill only highlights the issues of attack builds and WHY bf should not have been nerfed.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Deliver pain exquisite
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Are you even paying attention to what's happening around you? Lol. Even streamers are having a terrible time with this skill now that they are forced to actually play it in a new league. This skill only highlights the issues of attack builds and WHY bf should not have been nerfed.

No, this is blatantly wrong again.
You have already shown that you don't actually know who is doing what on the ladder.

Yesterday Nuiyen just beat two guardians with his dreamfeather Bladeflurry pathfinder, still on a 5L, as an example.
DF costs like 15~20 chaos, that's not even high budget weapons there.
He is definitely NOT having a terrible time, and other seem in the case case.

Now, should the nerf hammer destroy the skill mid league ?
Nah, the nerf hammer already hit a little bit before and it seems better now (imho).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 9, 2016, 7:50:12 PM
It's really not a good skill compared to most shit in terms of melee yeah it blows most of them out of the water in terms of everything? Fuck no this is dogshit compared to like pizza totems or my poison barrage.

Like once more some of you over fucking hyped and I'm in god gear as usual and once again It's NOT that fucking special it's NOT god like super amazing blade vortex.

6L

Twin

Like I can make a pizza totem and clear / kill faster then the shit char I made if I wanted too

Does it kill everything? Sure good gear good skill etc? Same skills can do the same derp derp etc does this skill become super ultra god amazing like the community said?

Fuck no fucking overhyped it So fucking overhyped. Do you know why I ran this skill because you community said this was the most broken skill in the fucking game now is it? No FUCKING no
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 9, 2016, 7:54:50 PM
^
If you have god gear just get crazy crit daggers instead of those.
Maybe the hype is on those claws too, why did you pick then ? Beause you read someone saying that it was OP ?

Thanks GOD it's not as good as fucking batshitcrazy pizza totems, that's a really good thing, pizza sticks are just ridiculous and OP it's crazy, no need more of those shits.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 9, 2016, 8:02:24 PM
Naw these perform better the attack speed is what you want with blade flurry and + 140% global damage is pretty good.

Like I'm actually mad because people literally overhype this skil and that's the REASON why I picked it to confirm it was broken af turns out it's just a basic average fucking skill
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 9, 2016, 8:04:11 PM
"
Naw these perform better the attack speed is what you want with blade flurry and + 140% global damage is pretty good.

Like I'm actually mad because people literally overhype this skil and that's the REASON why I picked it to confirm it was broken af turns out it's just a basic average fucking skill

Crit build ?
Maybe you are just being used to godlike setups, really sounds like it.

And don't forget that it has been nerfed already.

How does it compare to your starforge lacerate build by the way ?
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 9, 2016, 8:06:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info