2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

"
Exile009 wrote:

Yes, they stack. Doon Ceubiyari gives you a global 1% damage per 8 strength while Iron Will (from Repentance or the Iron Will support gem) gives 1% damage per 5 strength. As the ratio isn't the same, the two can work together. The inbuilt Iron Will link in Doon, meanwhile, isn't really used for anything since a sceptre can only have 3 sockets (and hence we don't socket our Scorching Ray in it). We're using Doon for the global modifier, not the inbuilt gem link. With both items, every 40 strength gives you 13% spell damage rather than getting just 5% (from Doon alone) or 8% (from Repentance alone). Repentance is effectively giving us an extra support gem on our skill, while Doon is giving us another scaling damage boost on top of that.

Hm...didn't know that, thanks. Though, it means I can't use
as my gloves for that free Conc. Effect (nice for RF)...

"
Nikoleus wrote:

These are good optional choices for helmet:

Another good one is Doedre's Scorn:

Bonus to curses, ele damage and potential for up to +60% global damage with 3-curse setup, which is not unrealistic. Great offensive option.
Last edited by IANVS on Dec 18, 2016, 6:43:43 PM
How far have you been able to take this build? Shaper? Chuyala?
Hello, I've been playing this build on 2.5 breach softcore until level 78. I have a doryani's catalyst and the repentance gloves, my tooltip dps is 11k fully buffed. I have 4.9k hp with 1.1k hp regen fully buffed. I've been trying to farm t7-9 maps and the build is falling apart. I constantly die to rare and blue enemies, bosses can kill me in 2-3 hits, and trash mobs won't come close to dying in one swipe of scorching ray and I usually need to use about 3-4 swipes on most trash mobs in t7+ maps. Please if you could give me any advice to progressing further with this build would be appreciated. Thanks.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some don't, but GGG will make sure to push it down your throat to make you like it.
"
Clark4213 wrote:
Hello, I've been playing this build on 2.5 breach softcore until level 78. I have a doryani's catalyst and the repentance gloves, my tooltip dps is 11k fully buffed. I have 4.9k hp with 1.1k hp regen fully buffed. I've been trying to farm t7-9 maps and the build is falling apart. I constantly die to rare and blue enemies, bosses can kill me in 2-3 hits, and trash mobs won't come close to dying in one swipe of scorching ray and I usually need to use about 3-4 swipes on most trash mobs in t7+ maps. Please if you could give me any advice to progressing further with this build would be appreciated. Thanks.

Could you link your gear? 11k fully buffed (is that with both frenzy charges and Elemental Overload up as well?) isn't too good for higher maps and you ideally want to have well over 5k hp before going for mid-maps (and over 6k for high maps) if you want to not die. And armor - try to stay above 30-35% phys mitigation. 2-3 swipes to burn trash mobs is fine, btw, since with cast speed that's just a second spent swiping and moving on (if it's taking longer for you, then you likely need more cast speed).

Also, it's worth remembering that this isn't meant to be a pure tank. If that were desired, we'd play a pure RF (or RF + Flamesurge) build. You want to be able to take the odd boss hit (except for the slow telegraphed ones) and regen it back, but not stand there tanking several of them in quick succession. That's why we try to get beam length on our Scorching Ray - we're trying to play at range with RF primarily being used as a damage buff rather than to kill stuff (except for low hp/easy mobs where it might be faster to just run through them burning them down).

Finally, don't be hesitant to do very tough boss fights without RF, thereby using your full regen (again, don't act like a tank even then). It'll be slower due to your lower damage, but at higher levels it's worth avoiding the xp penalty from dying. You may even consider ditching the Vitality aura (you can run RF without Vitality, especially if you have a Marble amulet) for a defensive Blasphemy curse aura instead (Temp Chains is what synergises with this build, but you can choose to use Enfeeble instead if you wish).
"
IANVS wrote:
Another good one is Doedre's Scorn:

Bonus to curses, ele damage and potential for up to +60% global damage with 3-curse setup, which is not unrealistic. Great offensive option.

Indeed. Tri-curse is powerful, but a tad more on the expensive side. The Brine Crown is also nice, but similarly expensive (not sure why, tbh. Has someone recently made a powerful build with it?).
"
thunderingice wrote:
How far have you been able to take this build? Shaper? Chuyala?

Been a bit busy off late and so haven't been on much. So neither, I'm afraid. But Shaper is definitely viable with Scorching Ray, provided you know the fight. This guy, for instance, did it with just an old char that he slapped SR into a +3 fire staff (i.e. he hadn't even built the char specifically for SR) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COfOvZ14WSI

As for Chayula...probably not. At least not cheaply. All the other Breach bosses involve normal mechanics, but Chayula requires chaos resistance. Less gear dependent (not for power, but attribute requirements and other resists) builds can just slap on some chaos resist gear and go to town, but things are much tighter for us. If your micro is good, then you could probably get around 30% chaos resistance from The Broken Crown + 1 chaos resist piece (or you could luck out in the market with exactly the right combination of mods on a Breach ring) and manage him, but I doubt that would keep to my original goal of keeping this build inexpensive. Chayula isn't too hard with maxed chaos resistance - it's getting maxed chaos resistance on this build that's the problem since we need so many other things on our gear as well.
Here's a link to my character https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Clark4213/characters
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some don't, but GGG will make sure to push it down your throat to make you like it.
Last edited by Clark4213 on Dec 26, 2016, 4:47:08 PM
Also, what health nodes can I allocate to bring me over 6k hp, other than the nodes to the right of the dual curse node?
"
Clark4213 wrote:
Here's a link to my character https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Clark4213/characters

It says your profile has been set to private. So I can't see anything.

"
Clark4213 wrote:
Also, what health nodes can I allocate to bring me over 6k hp, other than the nodes to the right of the dual curse node?

Nothing major. It's basically trade-offs. There's no major health nodes within easy reach, but there are several minor (4%) nodes that have been left off in favor of other things as we've taken the big notable hp node they're attached to. The Bloodless cluster just above Iron Grip keystone is within reach, although 23% hp for 6 points equals only 3.8% hp per node, which is why I left it out. You can re-arrange a few points to take them if you wish (maybe by dropping the fire damage cluster above the Witch if you don't feel you need it). Also, strength gives both hp and damage on this build and so grabbing the +30 strength notables is also an option wherever you're next to one (which we are - between the Templar and Witch areas).

But after a point, it really comes down to gear. The build does get a good amount of hp nodes, so upping hp further is mostly about having a higher base of hp on your gear. We can't use Kaoms', but if you can get the colors on it, then Belly of the Beast is an option. We aren't reliant on uniques in most slots, however, so you can just push for high hp rares instead (this gets progressively more expensive, however, since we still need several other things on those rares).

All in all, though, you don't need over 6k hp to do endgame content. There's plenty of people and builds that do without that much. I'd personally prefer 5.5k hp with a decent cover of other defenses (armor, evasion, block, endurance charges, etc.) over pushing 6k hp alone. It's ES builds that go full pure health, not hp builds. So I'd advise considering if there are any other defensive mechanics you can add in more cheaply than pushing hp as high as possible. For instance, both armor and evasion give good returns at the lower values (upto 30-40% damage reduction/chance to evade). We get some armor (though we can get more), so getting some evasion as well might be a more affordable alternative. The passives don't scale it obviously, but you don't need all that much either since we're not trying to max it since it isn't our only defense. After 40% reduction/chance the diminishing returns kicks in hard and so then look at other defenses. People argue over this, but I personally prefer several layers of mediocre defenses to one layer of a maxed defense.

Lastly, if you're trying to do Breach farming, definitely look for high hp Breach rings. Half the stats on rings aren't worth doubling (for instance, doubled resists is mostly pointless when you're always at maxed resists anyway except if trying to do something with one of the new uniques that make use of overcapped resists) but hp definitely is.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 27, 2016, 1:29:16 AM
I set the profile to public now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info