2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers

No issues at all. Thanks dude! :)
"
Aggnog wrote:

Well, I guess it's nice to see what's possible with SR when you push it to the max with a low-life, RF, +3 fire staff setup. Congos! :)

For anyone else here running through the comments, don't see the above and be discouraged. You won't (and don't need to) get that kind of damage on your SR. The above is a good build, but also very expensive. If you have the money, though, feel free to emulate it (I've also now linked a low-life Guardian SR build guide for ya'll to follow if desired). As I said in the intro to the guide itself, the highest damage will come from a low-life Guardian (the highest damage for almost all non-crit spell builds tend to be low-life RF) as you can see above. My guide is for those seeking to keep their costs low.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 12, 2017, 1:26:57 AM
Can i use Iron Will Support for SR instead of Increase Burning Damage ? Does it stack with Repentance ?
And how much is your HP Pool and HP Regen? mine is 3775 with 644 ES, 492.3 HP Regen at normal state
Last edited by mauls1611 on Jan 14, 2017, 7:18:15 AM
"
mauls1611 wrote:
Can i use Iron Will Support for SR instead of Increase Burning Damage ? Does it stack with Repentance ?
And how much is your HP Pool and HP Regen? mine is 3775 with 644 ES, 492.3 HP Regen at normal state

No, it doesn't stack. The only thing that does stack with Repentance is Doon Ceubiyari. Iron Will gem will only give you the additional spell damage on the gem itself, which is minor. Alternatives to Doon are Doryani's Catalyst and Singularity (recommended only if you have the 'Of War' enchantment on your gloves).

The ES is pointless if you're running RF since RF burns it away anyway.

The char is at lvl 84 now. He has 5030 hp with 953.5 regen/sec (1155 on Consecrated Ground) and 88% fire resistance. There's still about 53% more life left in the planned tree for me to allocate, if I cared to level him all the way to 100. Removing the Heart of Flame cluster would allow for another 25% life to be taken at the cost of the 86% fire damage it gives me. If I used Voll's Vision helm I could up my regen by another 100, but I prefer The Brine Crown for now.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 14, 2017, 11:31:58 AM
respec some and i'm 3922 with 505 regen right now. Still long way to go. I think the RF still burning me at 10-30 hp/sec. What's more important in this build - survivability or damage ? Mine DPS is only 10061.7 . Used to be ~11-12k but I respec some
"
mauls1611 wrote:
respec some and i'm 3922 with 505 regen right now. Still long way to go. I think the RF still burning me at 10-30 hp/sec. What's more important in this build - survivability or damage ? Mine DPS is only 10061.7 . Used to be ~11-12k but I respec some

Survivability.

And you don't seem to be following my guide. Your tree is quite different from mine. You haven't gone into the Duelist area at all, for instance, nor have you got some of the regen (and life) in the Marauder area. Your Witch area pathing is inefficient and you've taken more nodes in the Templar area than I have (I left the rest of the Templar zone out on purpose - it's not efficient). You're also wearing some unnecessary items, particularly your rings. Brinerot's especially is pointless - +2 Stone Golem levels only nets you a flat 5 additional life regen. Rares would serve you better.

Not sure what else to tell you - there's a lot there that's different, is all. If it works for you, of course, then okay, but I doubt it. You won't be able to handle endgame with just 3.9k hp and no regen. Don't worry about your damage - fix your survivability first. And in the meantime, if you're not able to outregen RF, don't run it. I did Uber Izaro the first time without RF just to heal through his damage (not facetank, just to recover from the odd hit). And he can 1-shot 3.9k hp.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 14, 2017, 11:30:30 AM
Yeah I'm still trying to respec and rebuild to stick to your guide. It was until lv 70 that i found your guide, so it's hard to redo almost everything. Kinda out of Respec Point now lol.
"
mauls1611 wrote:
Yeah I'm still trying to respec and rebuild to stick to your guide. It was until lv 70 that i found your guide, so it's hard to redo almost everything. Kinda out of Respec Point now lol.

Heavy re-speccing can be expensive. An easier solution you might consider is switching to a different way of building Scorching Ray instead - the Searing Touch/+3 fire staff route. Instead of using RF, you use a Searing Touch staff instead (or a +3 fire gems staff, but those are pricey). That'd save you from needing to grab a ton of regen to support RF while still giving you good damage.

If it works for you, then you can use it to farm up currency to either a) respec the build as desired or b)save up for whatever other builds you want to try this league. The ideal staff build is different from this one, but it's also somewhat more flexible (since it doesn't require building up fire res and regen, just stacking life, damage and the same keystones i.e Ele Equilibrium, Overload, +1 curse, etc.) and so it might allow you to enjoy the skill without having to invest too much into it now. You can buy a Searing Touch to try it out very cheaply.

Just an idea to consider before spending too much money. Best of luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info