Blight

Oh shit i always forget about that. I forgot the same with vortex and ignites too.

Yeah after controlled destruction and RF, low life make it easier to be good enough in that case.

In any case if you can get a total damage double dip multiplier of about 13x+(easier with the above included,) or higher that all applies to double dip then poison is pretty good single target bonus if you got some miscellaneous increased duration/poison duration s.t you don't have to constantly reapply.
Last edited by biyte on Nov 23, 2016, 5:11:13 AM
Hmm, they sure spelled essence drain oddly in the thread title.
"
biyte wrote:
"
Melpheos wrote:

As a result ED+Poison+Void manipulation and 50% chaos damage on the tree would end up already at 21% of the base damage for 2 second => 42%

you basically saying for example, essence drain does 10,000 damage per second and poison does 4000 damage over 2 seconds, therefore poison is a bonus 40% of ED's damage. This would only be true if ED dot lasts 1 second and you on average only apply 1 essence drain per 2 seconds. Or any linear combination or something of the sort (ex, ED last 0.5 seconds, you apply once every second)

might have the wrong end of the stick here but generally ED threads assume full uptime on the DoT because it lasts long enough for that to be a reasonable assumption.

The reason its brought up here because its the analysis of whether casting ED again or blight would do more damage and the answer is ED even with the DoT already applied, double dipping poison even on the small~ish hit that ED pulls is better than blight in its current incarnation, meaning the skill really has no use except for 1-12.
Getting things back on track...

Blight is just totally unrewarding. The AoE is too small, the Damage is too low, and it has no 'stacking' mechanism other than damage (which is meaningless).

Increase the AoE, increase the damage. But that doesn't get us far enough. It's still a boring skill.

It needs some sort of unique benefit from actually stacking, because right now there is no reason for this skill to even be channelled.

I proposed a few ideas on page 6:
1. Small stacking chance for enemies to explode when killed;
2. Small stacking chance for enemies to create caustic cloud when killed;
3. Small stacking increased effect of other debuffs on enemies;
4. Small stacking increased effect of curses on enemies; and
5. Small stacking percentage of all DoTs on Blighted enemies is proliferated.
I am a lvl 93 Champion Ess Drain/Contagion Tank.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1766555

This spell does not fit into my rotation what so ever. I use Abyssal Cry > Contagion > Essence Drain; and this Blight spell's stand alone damage is so sub-par that it is not even worth using as a main spell.
Last edited by TheIronBankofBraavos on Nov 23, 2016, 11:04:58 PM
From my experience leveling with Blight and Essence Drain, I found it could be an alternative skill to use for Contagion if it were tailored more towards killing packs.

IMHO, it can use some 20-25% increase in AoE and the damage per stack could be increased while the maximum stacks reduced appropriately to make the initial damage with low stacks on white mobs higher while leaving the single target maximum untouched. In combination with Essence Drain and Wither (on a totem) it does well enough against bosses.

The biggest drag is at lower levels, when you don't have the damage nodes to do much against bosses. Brutus was particularly painful. It became better later on during normal difficulty but it required an immense investment into Chaos damage and DoT to apply feasible amounts of damage during normal progress.

Advantage of Blight over the other Channeled skills is that you don't need to aim for maximum stacks as you don't get any additional benefit from piling them. You can just move around when necessary and apply stacks when you are in a good position again. It was giving me greater mobility than I expected.

tl;dr It needs more AoE and damage per stack.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
The Aoe Radius feels Good with massiv Investment in Aoe. We Are talking carcass, Breath of the council, Inc Aoe gem and all Aoe nodes. Such a heavy Investment should NOT be required to make a skill feel usable. It also locks one in either going life or hybrid. Base Aoe Increase would be mandatory. Basicly the 30% Increase from carcass and weapon included in the Base Area would go a long way.
P.s does Not solve the issue of Not having no Benefit from longer channel and the Lack of raw damage. Was DW scourge and Breath for More damage and it still felt lacking.
What I find particularly galling is that this was meant to be a 'leveling' skill.
It's a sick joke on new players is what it is. We sometimes forget that this game is not easy for new players, and the game is more then willing to kill your arse.

And that's with decent skills, to then handicap them by giving them a skill that will actively ruin their play season, and is very liable to get them killed repeatedly. If some new players leave as a result of having a terrible time in part because of this skill, then that is absolutely disgraceful.

It's one thing to put bad skills into the game, it's another to subject new players to that crap.
How would blight interact with the Cast when Channeling trigger gem ?
It could be good when used to trigger Contagion and ED ..... Heres hoping....
"How would blight interact with the Cast when Channeling trigger gem ?"
It would cast whatever other Spells you have linked, that's... what Cast while Channeling does.

Such a Cast on Channel build would require a 6L minimum. On a 4L, you'd be looking at entirely unsupported Chaos Spells, that's not going to kill much. Maybe a 5L could be acceptable.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 28, 2016, 6:13:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info