2.4.2 Patch Notes

As far i'm concerned i'm impressed and grateful for the amount of work accomplished during the last months (both technically and in terms of content). But this last (big) patch introduced an annoying bug : the game cannot leave properly and i must reboot my computer after each session. Furthermore the D11 / x64 exe don't launch at all.
However keep up the good work ; i do not doubt those troubles will be addressed soon enough.
Last edited by bunnypookah on Nov 19, 2016, 3:33:42 AM
"

• Option to remove shadows (x64)
  • Option to remove or lower fog
  • Option to disable global chat
  • Option to disable trade chat
  • Etcetera

Some of these options were available before Patch 2.4.2 whereas they are now not available. This may be a huge performance issue for lower-end PCs. For example, my FPS is now 188 max down from 250 max (Same ingame location, same settings, etcetera). This may even drop below 30 FPS for players with lower-end PCs.

I completely agree with this.

Having a bare-bones options menu is quite bothersome, but removing already existing options becomes infuriating, especially when the new client gives my weak 64 bit laptop a buff of 10fps in certain areas.

I just wanna hope this is because of the new client still being in beta.
Last edited by ConAlex on Nov 19, 2016, 7:00:25 PM
I think writing "my game does not work anymore" would just be repetitive. My game worked fine until this last patch, now it is an error dialog box simulator. It looks like it does not load the engine, everything is black on the login screen.
"
ImTheSlyDevil wrote:
Had a little time to play on the dx11 version on one of my AMD/Radeon machines:

Bad stuff:
Only had one freeze on Tidal Island, lasted maybe 3 seconds and then everything went back to normal. It might have just been connection related because some of the effects were still going and I could highlight things with the cursor.

Good stuff:
Holy moly lightning effects keywords tool secockpit, fog, and details on certain surfaces dramatically improved. Almost no frame stutter at all, feels almost like my Intel machine.

(Using Win10 and an RX 470 OC 8gb if anyone is wondering)

I'll try it on my Intel/Radeon machine later. Seems very promising though in terms of smooth frame rate and graphical fidelity.

Yes,me too,I also had one freeze on Tidal Island.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info