[2.4] Mjolner Lightning Strike - The Lightning Cone of Death [SC]

Hi bro,

Thank you for your guide, which I'm using for Breach.

For jewels, could you link us yours? We need to know which mods are recommended.
Can i ask your opinion on intuitive leap in the templar area to pick up the endurance and power charge and the life/armor es notables, i know it only saves 2 steps overall but it just seems nicer and the charge duration nodes aren't even all that relevant. ive only just made it to equipping the mjolnir but im loving it so far even with subpar gear and gems
Hi,
I'm going to try this build, but I have concerns about the critical strike chance investment. You cumulate 140% inc crit chance for spells (global + specific to spells). Isn't that a little low for a crit build ?
With a basic 5% crit chance weapon, that scales up to only 10% for lightning strike, and spark scales up to 14.4% crit chance.
Is there some mechanic I missed ? Or is the shadow crit path not worth the points ?
"
Pulsahr wrote:
Hi,
I'm going to try this build, but I have concerns about the critical strike chance investment. You cumulate 140% inc crit chance for spells (global + specific to spells). Isn't that a little low for a crit build ?
With a basic 5% crit chance weapon, that scales up to only 10% for lightning strike, and spark scales up to 14.4% crit chance.
Is there some mechanic I missed ? Or is the shadow crit path not worth the points ?

I have been playing along with this guide as well i'm starting to think the crit scaling isn't worth it. with low multi and chance even with all 5 charges up its not felt punchy enough in the higher tier of maps. My idea of a potential solution is to switch to the elementalist subclass to get the elemental pen and the matching golem damage buff. then spend the 3 points from arcane potency into getting elemental overload and dropping 1 or 2 of the powercharges. with the last acendancy i would start at the ranger start point and pick up the projectile damage nodes and probably pick up the block nodes in that region
@anythinggoes22: Please try it and post your result for our reference, thank you.
Last edited by nam9xz on Jan 8, 2017, 11:14:07 PM
"
"
Pulsahr wrote:
Hi,

I have been playing along with this guide as well i'm starting to think the crit scaling isn't worth it. with low multi and chance even with all 5 charges up its not felt punchy enough in the higher tier of maps. My idea of a potential solution is to switch to the elementalist subclass to get the elemental pen and the matching golem damage buff. then spend the 3 points from arcane potency into getting elemental overload and dropping 1 or 2 of the powercharges. with the last acendancy i would start at the ranger start point and pick up the projectile damage nodes and probably pick up the block nodes in that region

Can you give some numbers about your version of this build ?
I'm scared to end up with a fun but inefficient build, with 10k DPS on lightning strike at lvl 80.
"
Pulsahr wrote:
"
"
Pulsahr wrote:
Hi,

Can you give some numbers about your version of this build ?
I'm scared to end up with a fun but inefficient build, with 10k DPS on lightning strike at lvl 80.

currently level 84 with 10k damage in my hide with all charges up i hit about 25k with about 8k per spark and 3k with ball lightning (which is odd as this part feels as if it does the most damage), this is in a 6 link armor but not perfect gems. this is following the guide right now, over the next day or 2 i need to farm up some regrets to try out my idea. i would still recommend this guide as it has all the right ideas in mind, it just falls short of what i expected from it in endgame tier 10+ maps
Last edited by anythinggoes22 on Jan 9, 2017, 3:13:51 PM
So 35 regret orbs later. lightning strike is basically the same dps wise but allot less spikey on the damage (allot less variance in damage) so 11k in hide and about 22k with everything i have up(currently no vinktars or atziri's promise). the spells on the other hand have basically doubled in dps so clearing and bosses seems to go down faster than before. ill get round to posting my version of the tree in the near future when im happy with it.
"
So 35 regret orbs later. lightning strike is basically the same dps wise but allot less spikey on the damage (allot less variance in damage) so 11k in hide and about 22k with everything i have up(currently no vinktars or atziri's promise). the spells on the other hand have basically doubled in dps so clearing and bosses seems to go down faster than before. ill get round to posting my version of the tree in the near future when im happy with it.

Thank you for this. I'll try something on my own too, I don't know what precisely yet. But I love the idea of using lightning strike as main attack for a mjölner build. It feels really on the spot.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHcAecEswUtCdkLYREPFLAWbxpVGmwgWSHQJKonLylPLlMxnjWSNok26DbpOlg62DrhOw08LUMxR35KyEwtTP9N41AwVcZWSFoaYSFko2VNZlRnvWjybqpvO3Ttd-N35XgNeu97bnvDfLt-r4IegpuC5INfg8yD24TZhO-Fe4qvjRmPRpARkFWXIZuhna6fy6IAplenCKcwqW6smK9stfK3Pr02vqe-vMAawGbBfMMzxYrGrspG02_VptZY2CTYTdi92V_awdte3YzgEuKt42rkIuw47-vwH_JF9On31_4K_o8=

(i am hoping) here is a link to my current tree. i havent ascended in uber lab yet as i just have issues with the trap mechanics and izaro's consistent one shots and i dont want to use a carry service for it. when it gets cleared i would probably take the extra 40 strength and passive node as i dont think either other starting point has enough value in it. i will see it as either 100 more life and 8 spell damage from iron will or a reason to drop a piece of gear for some utility part or just something stated better for me. if you want to check my gear the char is called scioniswierd. and if you ever want to ask me something specific ill probably be in game a fair bit for any questions
Last edited by anythinggoes22 on Jan 10, 2017, 7:19:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info