LLD Blast Rain Damage.

:( butbutbutbut i tought it was good, just wanted to help
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
Heelon wrote:
What Lapiz said.

If you are playing bower i can suggest using split arrow, smoke mine (like rup mentioned), get a lot of movement speed and move around with flame dash and blink arrow and maybe even a fast wb swap for quick repositioning although i do not really use it that often anymore since i am pretty fast and the arenas are quite small. All you can do is not getting hit which is, thankfully, not thaaat hard as long as you are concentrated, use the things mentioned above and learn what the max distance of blast rain is while watching the mini map (that will take some time). If you are playing it right you should only see your opponent on the mini map or have obstacles in between where your opponent cant shoot around.

I should have mentioned I was playing melee. If I was playing bow, I would just go to the long game like you said. Any tips for melee, to deel with it?
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Thats the problem with LLD u get alot less MS so bow build are alot harder to kite has melee build.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

I should have mentioned I was playing melee. If I was playing bow, I would just go to the long game like you said. Any tips for melee, to deel with it?

Well blast rain is, along with cws, the absolute worst enemy of melee. I dont know about your budget but unless you can afford some top dps skeans or an antique rapier, preferably vagan ones, the only thing you can try is dualwielding tempestous steel and get as much flat dmg as possible. Skills you wanna use are dualstrike, maybe heavystrike, lacerate and even whirling blades is possible. Wb is veery mana costs intensive though but i think i managed to sustain a 6l at some point. Try to slow him down as much as you can: tc gloves, arctic armour and maybe arctic breath on cast when stunned (vaaled on asenaths gentle touch for example) and hope you get the kill before he does. Do not hesitate to whirl away from time to time i see it very often that people go all in and spam pots. Not every engagement has to end in someone getting killed.
"
Heelon wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

Well blast rain is, along with cws, the absolute worst enemy of melee. I dont know about your budget but unless you can afford some top dps skeans or an antique rapier, preferably vagan ones, the only thing you can try is dualwielding tempestous steel and get as much flat dmg as possible. Skills you wanna use are dualstrike, maybe heavystrike, lacerate and even whirling blades is possible. Wb is veery mana costs intensive though but i think i managed to sustain a 6l at some point. Try to slow him down as much as you can: tc gloves, arctic armour and maybe arctic breath on cast when stunned (vaaled on asenaths gentle touch for example) and hope you get the kill before he does. Do not hesitate to whirl away from time to time i see it very often that people go all in and spam pots. Not every engagement has to end in someone getting killed.

Like runsucker said, as a melee you need absurd gear to fight bowers. But melees definitely can beat even the best bowers. I think I can fight runsuckers bleedbow and cookies doomfletch blastrainer on a somewhat even footing with a crit dualwield shadow. Any other kind of a char with the melee tag probably loses to those two. The char has to be crit with vagan weps and it has to have defences through acro and high evasion. Using arctic armour (for the chill it provides) against bowers is key.

And yeah indeed, for some weird reason dual and heavy strike seem to be the best options. Heavy is probably a bit better as you can dual wield an ungil with culling strike. Lacerate seems to be a bit too clunky for LLD but it is almost viable as well (mostly because you can use ungil with it). Dual wielding 2 real weapons allows you to use stuff like puncture on later rounds which can be neat.

CWS on the other hand, you can do absolutely nothing against no matter what you do or try.
Last edited by lapiz on Nov 14, 2016, 3:25:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does a well geared LLD CWS build look like?
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Nov 14, 2016, 3:40:57 PM
"
Márkusz wrote:

Just basic caster stuff with CWS asenath gloves and preferably a rare CWS helm. +1 gems chest with the "main skill" whatever you choose to fool around with. You dualwield daggers with flat ele, spell dmg, crit mods. Templar/shadow gives you the passive best tree probably (one is better against some and vice versa). 3 elreon jewelries with cast speed, rare +1 boots for smthing like cold snap, rare belt with reduced flask charges used. You move with flame dash and and wb.
"
Márkusz wrote:

Non crit version:
Spoiler

passive tree can be found in my profile, character name "CookieZaps"

Used to be somewhat decent. Alternatively you'd want to get daggers like these
for a crit version.. Ideally with added lightning dmg instead of added fire dmg

"
ripnburn69 wrote:
It's completely broken, any one disagree?

I think my blast rain char is one of the stronger (if not strongest) blast rain builds around and I can't put a dent in run's split arrow/ROA bleed bow. That being said, in a temp league environment with gear limits (or restrictions like in PT's PvP events) there isn't really anything that comes close to blast rain so I'll give you that :)
Last edited by Monstacookie on Nov 16, 2016, 3:55:36 PM
"
philophil wrote:

When vhlad look at the mini map for ur char

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

That is me, when i look for NORMAL names :((((
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
I decided, if you can't beat the broken, Play the broken I'm currently #1 US-ESNC 1v1 Low Level, with Bladefall. It goes really well with Bear Traps.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Nov 20, 2016, 6:43:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info