Skill Gem Reveal: Blade Flurry

So let me get this straight, in a game all about speed and cheese 1 shot kill mechanics, you give us channeling spells that we have to sit still for?
Melee - close range ability, NOT range cast... goddamit GGG, you not know the rules.
I can see It. This, added chaos damage, poison, concéntrated effect. Facemelter.
Sorry but this looks like crap. What the hell even goes into your skill design process?

Half of your melee skills are total shit compared to other skills that are just simply better with more aoe and damage.

This isn't melee it's hybrid/ranged.

Why don't you fix existing skills or make more interesting support gems for melee rather than dumb skills half of us won't even use?

This skill might make sense for a boss, but for a player it's just meh and the fact that it's taking up development time is even more frustrating.

Another useless skill :D
This looks boring honestly :/
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Hmmm...contrary to all the folks here who seem to think this thing is all about just holding the mouse button down, because of the way the skill incentivizes releasing the button at stage six, I suspect it'll actually be fairly mobile.

This skill basically would use the same kind of build as ele Spectral Throw i.e. stack as much attack speed as possible. You then add the damage via auras and other sources (and possibly crit as well). This would allow you to reach stage six almost immediately. You then release the button to benefit from all those returning slashes. You can then power up again (if you're safe) or move (if in danger). A physical version would be superior, of course, but getting a really high phys dmg + very high attack speed weapon is crazy expensive i.e. you'll either use foils or daggers (if going crit) - nope, I don't see this saving claws. Point being that it's not like Incinerate where you build up damage and then have to hold it. Indeed, I suspect you'll actually be releasing the mouse button MORE OFTEN with this skill than we typically do while playing with other skills like Lacerate, Reave or even ranged skills like Frenzy, Split Arrow or spells like Fireball, Ice Spear, etc.

Scorching Ray wasn't a passive 'stand-around-channeling' skill either, mainly because it isn't as dependent on building up damage as this one and so you can stop and start your laser beam as required - sorta like playing Barrage (without Volley Fire, of course, since it's a narrow beam). Its range was also similar to the range a typical Incinerate/Flameblast player channels from (yes, I know Flameblast has no max range, but you can't target what you can't see i.e. offscreen) - and those two do have a stacking mechanic to incentivize standing still, albeit the Flameblast one works similar to this skill in that you want to build up to the release as quickly as possible. And given that Incinerate, Flameblast and Lightning Tendrils worked just fine as 'chanelled' skills (even if not tagged as 'chanelled' at the time) when they were released, I suspect these ones will be fine.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 7, 2016, 1:31:39 PM
Anyway, I do hope the third channeled skill at least somewhat resembles my idea for a channeled skill, as explained here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750357 Or at least is in some other way unique enough that people don't go on accusing it of replacing other existing skills.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 7, 2016, 1:39:54 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Anyway, I do hope the third channeled skill at least somewhat resembles my idea for a channeled skill, as explained here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750357 Or at least is in some other way unique enough that people don't go on accusing it of replacing other existing skills.

Chances are the third skill is called "blight" and it will be chaos based...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Cant wait for new gems... and also new league !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info